it is here, go look at Props website now !!!!!!!!!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
CharlyCharlzz

22 Jan 2015

It is here , the change is now !

https://www.propellerheads.se/
Attachments
PHhome.png
PHhome.png (524.8 KiB) Viewed 3963 times
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

TheGoodGoodMan

22 Jan 2015

Shop stayed the same.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

22 Jan 2015

If I didn't know Propellerhead produced professional desktop music software, I wouldn't know it from the new home page.

CharlyCharlzz

22 Jan 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:If I didn't know Propellerhead produced professional desktop music software, I wouldn't know it from the new home page.
yep it is looking like a app aervice now , I hope it is just for the promo times !

I checked discover up but when I click on (my music) it pop like that Image 
Attachments
this_is_how_it_shows_up_when_I_click_on_go_to_my_music_.PNG
this_is_how_it_shows_up_when_I_click_on_go_to_my_music_.PNG (26.88 KiB) Viewed 3902 times

michal22

22 Jan 2015

I do not like.
Design copied from Apple.
Shop remained the same - did not add any improvements.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

Last Alternative

22 Jan 2015

Yeah the shop stayed the same... that's funny. I thought Ernst said it's all outdated. Now it feels weird compared to the rest of the website which I agree with Jiggery. It doesn't seem to be about Reason at all really. And if I didn't know anything about any of this I would think it's some fun mobile collab thing kids are into, not at all having to do with professional musicians, artists, and producers trying to make serious music in a professional DAW.
Shame... I mean Reason seems like an afterthought now and I am really worried about Reason's future uh... development? Where is this train going exactly?
This move certainly doesn't reassure a long timer like me who isn't into any of the Take/Figure/Discover noise.

I just hope they soon get back to enhancements for folks like me in their home studio.

Hey at least reasontalk.com just hit 600 members!!!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

TheGoodGoodMan

22 Jan 2015

And just like that the Propellerheads tab is gone from my browser.
Och well, we had a good run.

electrofux

22 Jan 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:If I didn't know Propellerhead produced professional desktop music software, I wouldn't know it from the new home page.
Yeah looks like some kindof filesharing/cloud website. It is not THAT bad but the old one wasnt that bad either. But 95% of screenspace is about discover. Haven't tried it, is it that big? There are just 2 sliders with Reason related stuff like Parsec. When you scroll at the wrong time the third sliders is about discover too and it seems all they do is discover. A bit weird.
Btw seems like they have closed the developer forums aswell.

CharlyCharlzz

22 Jan 2015

what does my head in is that now I feel like I need a I-phone to live normaly ..... dont know what to think  of myself now !

so hey tomorow I will get one and do a shower album .... a street shower album

stratatonic

22 Jan 2015

TheGoodGoodMan wrote:Shop stayed the same.
Yes. And still no link to their home page from there... :roll:

electrofux

22 Jan 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:what does my head in is that now I feel like I need a I-phone to live normaly ..... dont know what to think  of myself now !

A street shower train park album. I mean cmon today you produce cool music everywhere.

What was that company where someone was riding the ski slopes allday and when he entered the mountain hut he pulled out his computer and made a song?

ethday

22 Jan 2015

Seriously, is anyone excited about the collaboration thing?  I don't mind it, it's just driving me batty that they're pushing it like it's the most important thing in the world to them.  But what about ownership?  Who owns Goodnight Tokyo!?  Who posts it to iTunes or bandcamp and makes anything off of their hard work?  Who gives permission for it to be used in a youtube video or movie?  I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I'm kind of hoping the whole thing falls with a resounding thud, so PH can get back to focusing on software.

This seems like a huge musical exercise in friendship and it's making me a little nuts.  

BonsaiMacKay

22 Jan 2015

That's Propellerhead! The shop will change with the new SDK...

flightONE

22 Jan 2015

electrofux wrote:
Yeah looks like some kindof filesharing/cloud website. It is not THAT bad but the old one wasnt that bad either. But 95% of screenspace is about discover. Haven't tried it, is it that big? There are just 2 sliders with Reason related stuff like Parsec. When you scroll at the wrong time the third sliders is about discover too and it seems all they do is discover. A bit weird.
Btw seems like they have closed the developer forums aswell.
yeah... very strange... i somehow have a feeling that discover might become a paid thing... to monetize the investment on figure/take... i definitely don't like that Reason is nowhere near the home page doesn't feel right...

CharlyCharlzz

22 Jan 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:what does my head in is that now I feel like I need a I-phone to live normaly ..... dont know what to think  of myself now !

electrofux wrote:
A street shower train park album. I mean cmon today you produce cool music everywhere.

What was that company where someone was riding the ski slopes allday and when he entered the mountain hut he pulled out his computer and made a song?
to be honest it is great in one way , I mean I buyed a BeatThang and a MPC500 way back and it was to do exactly what we can with Take , rebirth and figure so great idear for almost no cash !

I like the fact that guys will send me stuff that will ring on my phone ! LOL

I am happy with Reason and my Laptop but if take was also a PC app like they did with caustic 3 it would be cool .
so yhea i need a I-phone now !  (dont larfe)

selig
RE Developer

22 Jan 2015

TG wrote:It's been rushed. IMO

The shop badly needed an overhaul, but hasn't been done at the same time. If you click products, then sound libraries, you are taken away from the fancy new website and back to the old shop - no pages of info/vids/sound examples even on their own refills, like there used to be.

Props main product is reason .. so why are we taken to "discover" first?
That is what concerns me, as, at least in its current conception, i have no interest.
Exowildebeest was prophetic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exowildebeest
On the new site, Discover will be locked to the left side of your screen at all times.  :P

Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

22 Jan 2015

joeyluck wrote:Forum is still up, but doesn't seem to allow posting.
Eh nevermind.  I seem to be able to still access it from my phone...?  And I'm not talking cached, I'm able to click on threads and read threads I've never visited before.  On my computer is a different story.  Maybe because I'm still logged in on my phone?

Arsenic

22 Jan 2015

Oh Dear - Is that it?

Rather pitiful IMHO - The whole thing is just one big advert for that discover\collaboration thing......

Oh well - at least I won't have to worry about visiting again....

electrochoc (PRX-A)

22 Jan 2015

I have a bigger concern...
Sure, the new webpage is brand new and might evolve drastically in the next days. But, as of now, I can't find the "Download" section on the new site...

The Download section was where you were able to find many things, among which the big collection of free ReFills that was hosted by Propellerhead...

That makes me a little worried: does Propellerhead plan to drop the free ReFill section? That would be a huge loss!

But let's not panic! As I said, the site might evolve in the next days, in order to integrate all the oldest parts of the Propellerhead site... But I really hope that not too much will be ultimately dropped in the process... :frown:

Edit: I found it finally, but it's way more hidden than it was. You have to follow this path: Support >> User Support >> Reason >> Lastest Downloads and Drivers (in the Quick Links)

That path brings us to an page from the old website... meaning that all is not yet well integrated into the new website.
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

CharlyCharlzz

22 Jan 2015

so I cant use this service with Reason 7.101 ?

Christian11

22 Jan 2015

TG wrote:Props main product is reason .. so why are we taken to "discover" first?
I guess these days are gone. Props main products are these childish mobile apps.

joeyluck

22 Jan 2015

The video is pretty great though!

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNP5TJblkFQ<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNP5TJblkFQ

Of course there will be some haters, but I think it is done very well.
Showcases all of their products (Reason, Discover, Figure, Take) all in one interesting video.

I wish them success at NAMM!

Vesterager

22 Jan 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:so I cant use this service with Reason 7.101 ?
no, 8.1 only

• Information