PUF is closing on the same day NAMM 2015 Starts!?!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
pjeudy

21 Jan 2015

This may has been spoken about before, but I just realized that the 2 events are happening on the same day! And like MattiasHG said, Props is relaunching the site on that same day.

It could just be a coincidence!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Territan

21 Jan 2015

pjeudy wrote:This may has been spoken about before, but I just realized that the 2 events are happening on the same day! And like MattiasHG said, Props is relaunching the site on that same day.

It could just be a coincidence!
"Coincidence" my pasty white ass. They're going to NAMM for the first time in several years. As they likely want to make a good, fresh impression, they're going to polish their image and put their best foot forward.

And the PUF, as of this writing, is definitely not the Props' best foot. A core demographic loudly bemoaning the company's perceived lack of direction and nit-picking flaws in their flagship software? They could drive away customers faster, but that would involve complimentary ebola enemas administered right there on the show floor.
-This space intentionally left apathetic-

Namahs Amrak

21 Jan 2015

That's when the announcement will be made that Steinberg have bought the rights to Reason.
My Words are my ART

ionly

21 Jan 2015

Attachments
284c35a7d7e5b86ea9725930711f3105b4f00ea376a916b7185404da37ad20cc.jpg
284c35a7d7e5b86ea9725930711f3105b4f00ea376a916b7185404da37ad20cc.jpg (81.47 KiB) Viewed 2410 times

Jagwah

21 Jan 2015

Maybe they are going to announce something that sucks and it would have had the forum up in arms again and they decided to kick it just before the sh*tstorm.

Actually I think maybe it will be really boring and they will just announce that Reason 8 share thingy that we already know about.

Exowildebeest

21 Jan 2015

Jagwah wrote: Actually I think maybe it will be really boring and they will just announce that Reason 8 share thingy that we already know about.
Probably. They seem to think it'll be amazing.

And it's unlikely they'll announce Reason 9 already.

Namahs Amrak

22 Jan 2015

Jagwah wrote:Maybe they are going to announce something that sucks and it would have had the forum up in arms again and they decided to kick it just before the sh*tstorm.

Actually I think maybe it will be really boring and they will just announce that Reason 8 share thingy that we already know about.
The PUF would have had a meltdown if it remained open after this announcement.

Reason 8.5 is being released at NAMM

1. Custom skins for sequencer
2. Removal of the rack window
3. Move to mobile-device only

Propellerhead's chief marketing strategist Borghild Akerfelt announced today at the 2015 NAMM:

"Today we are excited to announce Reason 8.5XE, a new dimension in music production excellence. We have taken to the streets, listened to our users, and delivered a world class DAW, unrivaled in the industry. Our development team have been working tirelessly to deliver a new generation of powerful tools that will satisfy both the seasoned user and aspiring musicians. The vintage skeumorphism of the rack has been a benchmark, but in today's high paced world of music-on-the-move, it's time to take production into the future. Our users have spoken, and we have listened. Get out of the kitchen and say goodbye to the desktop PC forever"

Despite being announced 25 seconds prior to this interview, Reason 8.5XE has instantly become the best selling DAW, and is the world's favourite music software. Reason 8.5 will be available on iOS and Android. Legacy licenses of Reason 7 & earlier will remain valid until October 2016, after which time upgrade packages will be available for only $199.

My Words are my ART

bpmorton

22 Jan 2015

It's hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic when you can't see them rolling their eyes in front of you. ;)

Namahs Amrak

22 Jan 2015

bpmorton wrote:It's hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic when you can't see them rolling their eyes in front of you. ;)
I'm empowering the reader to make their own evaluations on the words. :s0238:
My Words are my ART

Jagwah

22 Jan 2015

lol @ Karma.

There is a really cool emphasis on analogue for synthesizers from what I have seen so far which is great.

So when is Props supposed to be announcing something?

avasopht
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2015

Jagwah wrote:Maybe they are going to announce something that sucks and it would have had the forum up in arms again and they decided to kick it just before the sh*tstorm.

Namahs Amrak wrote:
The PUF would have had a meltdown if it remained open after this announcement.

R
Namahs Amrak wrote:eason 8.5 is being released at NAMM
Namahs Amrak wrote:
Namahs Amrak wrote:1. Custom skins for sequencer
Namahs Amrak wrote:
Namahs Amrak wrote:2. Removal of the rack window
Namahs Amrak wrote:
Namahs Amrak wrote:3. Move to mobile-device only
Namahs Amrak wrote:
Namahs Amrak wrote:Propellerhead's chief marketing strategist Borghild Akerfelt announced today at the 2015 NAMM:
Namahs Amrak wrote:
Namahs Amrak wrote:"Today we are excited to announce Reason 8.5XE, a new dimension in music production excellence. We have taken to the streets, listened to our users, and delivered a world class DAW, unrivaled in the industry. Our development team have been working tirelessly to deliver a new generation of powerful tools that will satisfy both the seasoned user and aspiring musicians. The vintage skeumorphism of the rack has been a benchmark, but in today's high paced world of music-on-the-move, it's time to take production into the future. Our users have spoken, and we have listened. Get out of the kitchen and say goodbye to the desktop PC forever"
Namahs Amrak wrote:
Namahs Amrak wrote:Despite being announced 25 seconds prior to this interview, Reason 8.5XE has instantly become the best selling DAW, and is the world's favourite music software. Reason 8.5 will be available on iOS and Android. Legacy licenses of Reason 7 & earlier will remain valid until October 2016, after which time upgrade packages will be available for only $199.
Namahs Amrak wrote:
Haha, I had something similar in mind, but more in the lines of, Propellerhead CEO announces Read, a new communication protocol for reason related discussion. Due to protocol limitations you can only post from a limited set of positive reason affirmations.

Ernst has said that forums are crappy technology and expect Read to increase reason sales to astronomical levels ;)

But in a serious note, I expect each point release will reveal more and more of what r8 is really about. Clearly their r8 proclamation was made in lieu of the sharing feature, which is only in beta.

michal22

22 Jan 2015

I think it will be the presentation "Discover system" and new website.
Nothing more.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

Faastwalker

22 Jan 2015

Are Propellerhead at NAMM?!

mayzon

22 Jan 2015

Faastwalker wrote:Are Propellerhead at NAMM?!
I can't see them in the exhibitor list on the NAMM website?

Wook

22 Jan 2015

Faastwalker wrote:Are Propellerhead at NAMM?!
mayzon wrote:
I can't see them in the exhibitor list on the NAMM website?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.08 MiB) Viewed 2278 times

mayzon

22 Jan 2015

Ah the good old search button, I was looking at the drop down lists on the interactive map!

• Information