Installing and upgrading Reason 5 on Win 7

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
neocortex

21 Jan 2015

Hello, a quick question (already searched but haven't been able to find an answer). Apologies if you also saw this post on the PH forum - I'm cross-posting since that forum appears to be dead.

I bought Reason 5 a few years ago, but never installed it. I now have a new Lenovo E540 running Win 7 Professional, as well as the Reason 7 upgrade, both of which I would like to install on the new machine.

My question is: When I first install Reason 5, should I

a) install it in 32-bit mode, after which I install the R7 upgrade? Or,
b) should I just install it as a default 64-bit app and then apply the Reason 7 upgrade?

I suspect the answer is b) since the upgrade will overwrite the original code anyway, but thought I would check before I embark on a path I can't unwind.

Thanks!

phasys

21 Jan 2015

You don't need to install it at all, you can just install 7 and install the soundbanks.

neocortex

21 Jan 2015

thanks. however, since I have an upgrade, not the full R7 package, don't I need to install R5 first? Or are you saying, just plug in the dongle I got with R5 and jump straight to installing the R7 upgrade?

tiker01

21 Jan 2015

You don`t need the R5 installer.

Install R7 in normal mode (64 bit if you Win7 is x64). If you don`t have the soundbanks or installer of R7 you can get it from PH website,

Register R7 at PH website. If you haven`t registered R5 you may have to register that first then the upgrade to R7.

Authorize your laptop and dongle.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

neocortex

21 Jan 2015

got it. thanks!

• Information