Balance Help!!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Arsenal 505

20 Jan 2015

As we all know Props ditched Balance among other things (hint, hint forum ) All of a sudden my Balance Interface is stuttering my audio and I get messages saying Code meter is full and I need to delete something to make room so it can perform. So now I'm really confused because I thought code meter was there to show that your a registered user, kind of like ilock right? Anyhow I need this puppy repaired any suggestions.

Olivier

20 Jan 2015

Yes, kind of like iLock.

Just out of curiosity, who's telling you Code meter is full ?
If its the operating system saying that, then you can ignore it. The codemeter does come up as a thumbdrive but with limited space and 0 bytes available.

:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Arsenal 505

20 Jan 2015

My computer

Olivier

20 Jan 2015

If its not the codemeter control center complaining then you can ignore those messages. They are most likely not related to stuttering.

Stuttering usually has to do with the buffer size being too small. Please review your buffer size settings within reason.

normen

20 Jan 2015

..or DPC latency caused by some driver or device: http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/art ... cy-issues/

Olivier

20 Jan 2015

normen wrote:..or DPC latency caused by some driver or device: http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/art ... cy-issues/
Oh thanks, thats very usefull ! :)

Arsenal 505

20 Jan 2015

First of all I appreciate your reply eauhm. Everything I mentioned is a bit odd to me because I built the computer I'm using with Asus Crosshair V MB a 6 core Processor, 16 gig RAM, Samsung SSD and a High Performance WD 2T HDD. I never had any problems with audio until recently. So decided to experiment (playing a song with Balance connected and playing a song with it disconnected) the result is is my Song doesn't skip when I disconnect Balance. I must also add that My DSP has always been super low with Balance now it's a little more than half way when I play a song. Something is really weird!!

normen

20 Jan 2015

Arsenal 505 wrote:First of all I appreciate your reply eauhm. Everything I mentioned is a bit odd to me because I built the computer I'm using with Asus Crosshair V MB a 6 core Processor, 16 gig RAM, Samsung SSD and a High Performance WD 2T HDD. I never had any problems with audio until recently. So decided to experiment (playing a song with Balance connected and playing a song with it disconnected) the result is is my Song doesn't skip when I disconnect Balance. I must also add that My DSP has always been super low with Balance now it's a little more than half way when I play a song. Something is really weird!!
It could also be some issue with USB, did you recently connect any new devices like a harddisk or something? Check the DPC latency tests linked above, might give you some hints.

Olivier

20 Jan 2015

Arsenal 505 wrote:First of all I appreciate your reply eauhm. Everything I mentioned is a bit odd to me because I built the computer I'm using with Asus Crosshair V MB a 6 core Processor, 16 gig RAM, Samsung SSD and a High Performance WD 2T HDD. I never had any problems with audio until recently. So decided to experiment (playing a song with Balance connected and playing a song with it disconnected) the result is is my Song doesn't skip when I disconnect Balance. I must also add that My DSP has always been super low with Balance now it's a little more than half way when I play a song. Something is really weird!!
normen wrote:
It could also be some issue with USB, did you recently connect any new devices like a harddisk or something? Check the DPC latency tests linked above, might give you some hints.
I think what Normen says is a good place to start.
Quick search on your MB leads me to believe you are using an AMD processor. I don't know much about how they should perform with Reason. Overall it looks like you have a pretty decent system.

When i was still using Balance i've had these kind of USB problems periodically. What usually solved it for me is disconnecting every USB device, rebooting my PC, and connecting everything in a different order then before. I've never done a root cause analysis of the problem, i wish i knew of that dpc tool then. May have helped me :)

Arsenal 505

20 Jan 2015

Hey I appreciate the support and feed back I will try and post the results after I get out of class. I may even post a video to show what's happening.

ckingram2006

25 Feb 2015

Please let me know if you have resolved this issue. I have balance and recently started experiencing the same issue. I never had audio problems so this is very odd. I did not get a code meter error but audio is stuttering/clicks/pops. I don't believe buffersize is the issue as all setting trigger this. If I open a reason song and stop playback for a couple of min. Then play the song, the audio problems begin. Playing core audio Youtube,etc yields the same result. I connected my old mbox 2 pro to see if I got the same results and audio plays perfectly. So I tried to think of any usb bus changes that were made to the machine and none were made. Disconnected all USB device except balance and problem persist. This is very annoying and I would appreciate any solutions offered.

jappe

25 Feb 2015

ckingram2006 wrote:Please let me know if you have resolved this issue. I have balance and recently started experiencing the same issue. I never had audio problems so this is very odd. I did not get a code meter error but audio is stuttering/clicks/pops. I don't believe buffersize is the issue as all setting trigger this. If I open a reason song and stop playback for a couple of min. Then play the song, the audio problems begin. Playing core audio Youtube,etc yields the same result. I connected my old mbox 2 pro to see if I got the same results and audio plays perfectly. So I tried to think of any usb bus changes that were made to the machine and none were made. Disconnected all USB device except balance and problem persist. This is very annoying and I would appreciate any solutions offered.
* Try another USB cable

* Try another USB connector

* Laptop in power save mode? (i e Laptop AC adapter not working)

Arsenal 505

25 Feb 2015

I haven't found any fixes for this issue via computer or rearranging USB wires. at this point I'm looking for a repair shop seeing that reason ditched their own box.

• Information