A Strange Deja Voo Of Reasonstation

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
The Intrancer

19 Jan 2015

My first thread here, by the looks of it... :D

For anyone that remembers Reasonstation, it was once a place where most people went, as a secondary home to the main Propellerhead forum which was until Reasonstations demise, where Propellerheads then picked up the batton again, now they have really dropped it, only this time it's making it's way down the guttering and down a drain...who knows... they may hire a plumber who can find the batton in the future, by that time we may be all wearing virtual headsets, ( I'm sure tech geeks said something similar in the 90's ).

Hummm... :D

AKA Scottym         
http://www.reasontalk.com/profile/3716617 
https://soundcloud.com/scott-moncrieff-1 13 Tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/theintrancer 16 Tracks  
Independent views and advice-Digital CGI/Music Artist, Forum Stats & Links Extended- Embrace And Learn From What I Do Or Disengage, It's Your Choice, Life Is Getting Shorter - I've No Time For Cry Babies

Ostermilk

19 Jan 2015

Hi ScottyM

Nice to see you.

Lizard

19 Jan 2015

LOL!  Well.... I'm sure Ostermilk is purely speculating.  However you have to admit he has a keen eye for detail and perception above the average forum traveler.  The vibe I get about ReasonTalk is that it is way less likely to put up with bullshit than other places we have traveled.  This isn't your software developer forums anymore.   ;)   Sadly there will be people who will try such a thing.  We won't be able to stop it.

eusti

19 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote:I hope people don't have multiple accounts on here. It's pointless and more clutter. Plus people like to know who they're talking to, not someone incognito who has another account.
Just sayin.
Wow! You just gave me a great idea for getting my post count up! Getting into a fight with my other self! Awesome! :P

D.

Vesterager

19 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote:I hope people don't have multiple accounts on here. It's pointless and more clutter. Plus people like to know who they're talking to, not someone incognito who has another account.
Just sayin.
eusti wrote:
Wow! You just gave me a great idea for getting my post count up! Getting into a fight with my other self! Awesome! :P

D.
Haha you could even have one persona more impolite than the other so when 1 is banned the other is not!

eusti

19 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote:True. I'm not saying The Intrancer is ScottyM because I don't know but I think it's just pathetic to try to hide behind a different name and troll around on a second.. or 3rd account but whatever tickles your balls, I say.
I was just kidding! (if you were referring to me!) ;)

But I agree, feels like a new place warrants a new start... But if I felt that people were generally against because of my past behavior, I might try for a new start with a new name as well...

D.

tibah

19 Jan 2015

It's definitely Scotty, "The Intrancer" is his music alias and also used for his latest shared Antidote patches on the PUF. :)

Vesterager

19 Jan 2015

as long as people treat each other respectfully it does not matter what your "name" is. Our names do not define us only our thoughts, emotions and actions define us.

eusti

19 Jan 2015

Vesterager wrote:as long as people treat each other respectfully it does not matter what your "name" is. Our names do not define us only our thoughts, emotions and actions define us.
I agree, Vesterager. But I think it can be hard to be a different person if other people have a certain opinion about the you.

D.

Ostermilk

19 Jan 2015

Just sayin.
I don't see how it matters that people have a different username here than they did on another forum.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that Scotty was The Intrancer on the Reasonstation forum so I made an educated guess at the identity of the poster.

It would be good to see Scotty over here even if he wants to be known as the Intrancer from hereon in.

In fact your forum preferences page on this site allows you to change your nick anyway which I think is cool, because I just typed in any old nonsense when I made my Propellerhead account which is why I've still got an any old nonsense nick because I couldn't find it in me to waste anybody elses time to change it for me... :D

Ostermilk...WTF...who'd call themselves Ostermilk... :s0225:

And even my favourite nephew Karma Shaman is now Nannas Anorak or whatever. we all know who we are that's the main thing.

Namahs Amrak

19 Jan 2015

Your sartorial elegance is giving me a boner, Uncle. And anyway, I'm still using the same screen name, it's just backwards.

Last Althernative isn't suggesting that users should have their PUF name - he's speaking about multiple user names being registered on the same forum. If Intrancer is the person you are suggesting, then a user name has already been registered under the name we know him as. Still... that's not entirely problematic in this case, as that user entity has never posted, and if he keeps it dormant, perhaps he has simply changed his mind on the handle he wishes to use.
My Words are my ART

Ostermilk

19 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Your sartorial elegance is giving me a boner, Uncle. And anyway, I'm still using the same screen name, it's just backwards.

Last Althernative isn't suggesting that users should have their PUF name - he's speaking about multiple user names being registered on the same forum. If Intrancer is the person you are suggesting, then a user name has already been registered under the name we know him as. Still... that's not entirely problematic in this case, as that user entity has never posted, and if he keeps it dormant, perhaps he has simply changed his mind on the handle he wishes to use.
Thank you for the clarification on the dual registration distinction.

I'm happy to report that I didn't bother checking the user list on this occasion.

:s0826:

Namahs Amrak

19 Jan 2015

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.
My Words are my ART

stratatonic

19 Jan 2015

Ostermilk wrote:Hi ScottyM

Nice to see you.
I thought THIS was scottym...

Member Search

. :?

Ostermilk

20 Jan 2015

Ostermilk wrote:Hi ScottyM

Nice to see you.
I thought THIS was scottym...

Member Search

. :?

It probably is...as is this... :)

Namahs Amrak

20 Jan 2015

Let's hope nobody takes the name 'Bong Jovi' :s0225:
My Words are my ART

The Intrancer

20 Jan 2015

Well, I thought it would be interesting and co-incidentally somewhat fun for you all to try and guess who The Intrancer is without me telling you all from my initial post. :)

The truth is, that Scottym was already taken by the time I registered, the clue's were in my posting in regard to my user name. As both my soundcloud/soundclick music as well as my old Reasonstation.net name was THE INTRANCER. It seemed like a nice change to something new and better identification for the music productions I may share over the next year on here..

As they say in America, The myth is busted :D

___

Hello to all my fellow friends from the propellerheads forums. :)

AKA Scottym         
http://www.reasontalk.com/profile/3716617 
https://soundcloud.com/scott-moncrieff-1 13 Tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/theintrancer 16 Tracks  
Independent views and advice-Digital CGI/Music Artist, Forum Stats & Links Extended- Embrace And Learn From What I Do Or Disengage, It's Your Choice, Life Is Getting Shorter - I've No Time For Cry Babies

• Information