stroke of genius

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Raveshaper

18 Jan 2015

Blue colors in the layout was a genius move. I think a large part of the more positive vibe in here has something to do with that. Hospitals are often blue inside to calm people down. Kudos to whoever made that decision :)
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

Julibee

18 Jan 2015

I have to agree with this... And it's weird because blue is my least favorite color... But here, it does seem really soothing.
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

selig
RE Developer

19 Jan 2015

Julibee wrote:I have to agree with this... And it's weird because blue is my least favorite color... But here, it does seem really soothing.
I shall have to take issue with your comment about the color blue - of COURSE it's your favorite color (how can it not be, it's totally awesome). But I suspect you are just begin polite to all the other colors because you're a nice person! ;)

There have been some suggesting a look more in line with the old forums, but Brent's answer (which I agree) is that blue is such a more awesome color - I mean, the answer is that he doesn't want this forum to look like the old forums! Blue IS an awesome color though, you have to admit it - come on, admit it. 
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Olivier

19 Jan 2015

I have to admit it works very well.
Especially combined with all the familiar faces it feels like a fresh new start.
There's just one thing for me personally with this color... on my screen its not te same shades of blue as they are available as track colors within Image.. They sorta clash. Wich i think can be a good thing. Now i won't have the forum open as much when i'm in reason :P
That said.. i can't help but wonder what the forum would look like in OctoRex Blue.

:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

joeyluck

19 Jan 2015

Completely agree.  It's very refreshing.  Calming.

Maybe we could have an alternate theme for users called 'rage mode' where the site turns red, everything is in all caps, and everything translated to the contrary with 'potty mouth.' 

Android.DK

19 Jan 2015

Blue is my favourite colour.  :thumbup:  When I was a child it was green.  :D
"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.

:reason: :re:

The Tone Ranger

19 Jan 2015

I wasn't a fan of the old forum as it was full of nutters. Let's hope the blue keeps them calm. :)

Olivier

19 Jan 2015

The Tone Ranger wrote:I wasn't a fan of the old forum as it was full of nutters. Let's hope the blue keeps them calm. :)
[offtopic] I really dig your username ! beautiful ! :thumbup:
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

CharlyCharlzz

10 Feb 2015

QwaizanG wrote:Blue colors in the layout was a genius move.  Kudos to whoever made that decision :)
maybe kanyé west chosed the color LOL , that sayed it's well less agressive .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Rice

11 Feb 2015

Blu...it's my favorite color :s0230: ...so, YEAH!!!

plaamook

15 Feb 2015

Apparently blue is/was the most sought after colours by most of humanity. I read that somewhere way back. You bring blue dye to indigenous people and they go nuts because its so hard to make.

I guess those that had indigo were considerably more relaxed about it. Think it was India. Can't remember.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

• Information