POLL: What version of Reason do you currently own?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Purpleb

21 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:hey snedburger i was looking for that thread, specifically for a link to the 6 - 7 upgrade poll. any chance you can help? i think ScooterM posted it in there
Smedberg wrote:
Smedberg wrote: 
This is very interesting.

Smedberg

21 Jan 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote:
No, but the higher amount of participants the higher the accuracy.
As the last picture had more than 300, it is a fairly good sign of overall user base.

Yes, that's true, but I'm not after average statistic, I go either for a full (or at least 70-80% of all people) statistic or for no statistic at all!

You see 300, but PH have more than 500000 Reason users World wide (PUF has 1.2 million accounts, so I take it that less than a half has Reason), so 300 it's a drop in the ocean!

Could be that 300000 of those still using Reason 6/7/Essentials & other 200000 are using Reason 8, well in this case sure, money wise for PH to sell 200000 copies/upgrades of Reason 8 would be truly successful, no doubt! :)
And how many of those accounts are made by spam bots? Since 1997...
How many accounts are made by non-users or pirates?
How many have bought reason and left music scene or gone to other DAWs?

jfrichards

21 Jan 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote:...PUF has 1.2 million accounts,...
Yeah but .2 of that is just you George!!  Hee Hee.

phasys

21 Jan 2015

Most succesful version is succesful!

bpmorton

21 Jan 2015

I'm running 8.1 but that was an upgrade from 6.5. 6.5 was a free upgrade from 5+Record for me but the rest I had to pay for.

jfrichards

21 Jan 2015

I'm a little surprised that the percentage for R8 is so high.  On a forum of the established world experts on using Reason, where people have been using it every day for 10 years, and where said experts can put a CV cable in their mouths and tie it into a knot without their hands (meaning workflow is not even an issue for 99% of what they do), why would anyone be quick to upgrade to a minor set of changes, relative to the magnificent R7?  Anyway, Reason is just properly adjusting their version numbers.  6.5 should have been 7.  7 should have been 7.5.  And now 8 is 8 as it should be.

Jagwah

21 Jan 2015

Reason 7 FTW!! : D

michal22

21 Jan 2015

Reason 7.1
There is no a better version of me now :)
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

Gaja

21 Jan 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote:...PUF has 1.2 million accounts,...
jfrichards wrote:
Yeah but .2 of that is just you George!!  Hee Hee.
thanks man! Made my day :D
Cheers!
Fredhoven

zwerggle

21 Jan 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote:No mates, this statistic is a complete bs!

Well it's right statement for that statistician, but he forgot about 70 other people, well statisticians always do hence statistic is bs, not all, though!
Doesn't sound like you understand statistics at all. 30% is actually a great sample size, however the fact that it's (most likely) not a representative sample is the real problem.

Presidential election statistics are incredibly accurate given the tiny sample size. Even 1% would be absolutely amazing. Presidential election polls aren't even close to that. In an American election, even if someone polled 100,000 people, that would be less than 0.03% of the American population. Despite that, the statistics usually have an error rate of less than 3-5% compared to the final results.

The whole point of statistics is that it's usually impossible to get 100% of the sample points. Even in an election where theoretically every person's vote is counted, there are still errors, whether they're due to human error, mechanical error, computer error, or just plain malice (etc).

• Information