POLL: What version of Reason do you currently own?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
polardozer

19 Jan 2015

I have reason essentals 8... Which is not on the poll.

Ostermilk

19 Jan 2015

The Tone Ranger wrote:So it's currently Reason 8 combined winning. R8 - 35 R7 - 33 R6 - 5
Yep, but if you consider that most of that figure for R8 moved up from Reason 7 it tells you that many more folk took up Reason 7 than we're seeing have taken up v8 so far.

Still to small a sample to draw any real conclusions from though.

Android.DK

19 Jan 2015

Version 6.5.3.
"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.

:reason: :re:

Majestik Monkey

19 Jan 2015

1. Reason 6 Bought jan 2012 
2. Upgraded too 7.1.1 
3. Reason 8 Free .
4. i am quite happy with R8 ' even tho it lack's 3 key components ! Midi D&D , Sync to Host , Delay Comp ! :s0403:  lol  not really a rant: 

eusti

19 Jan 2015

So far more version 8 people voted than 7... Interesting... Didn't expect that!

Maybe 8 is the most bestest version after all! :P

D.

The Tone Ranger

19 Jan 2015

The Tone Ranger wrote:So it's currently Reason 8 combined winning. R8 - 35 R7 - 33 R6 - 5
Ostermilk wrote:
Yep, but if you consider that most of that figure for R8 moved up from Reason 7 it tells you that many more folk took up Reason 7 than we're seeing have taken up v8 so far.

Yes but how long was Reason 7 on the market for? A year?
Reason 8 has only been around for a few months. That's a lot less time for people to upgrade. How many of the Reason 7 users got Reason 7 between 4 months after release and the beginning of the grace period for 8? Not everyone is is quick to upgrade.

tibah

19 Jan 2015

Currently, Essentials 2.1.1.

Reason 1-4 from 2001-2009. In 2011 I came back to R+R and later on Reason 6 and 6.5. Sold that to jump on the Studio One bandwagon. Sold that again and most of my plug-ins to use the Essentials I still had (thanks to having Balance) and invest in some Rack Extensions to build my own rack. :)

Ostermilk

19 Jan 2015

Ostermilk wrote:

The Tone Ranger wrote:

Yes but how long was Reason 7 on the market for? A year? Reason 8 has only been around for a few months. That's a lot less time for people to upgrade. How many of the Reason 7 users got Reason 7 between 4 months after release and the beginning of the grace period for 8? Not everyone is is quick to upgrade.
Hey, it's not me that's trying to make anything out of the figures, like I said it's still too small a sample to draw any conclusions from. 

I just said from the poll you can clearly see that more people took up R7 than have yet taken up R8 being as according to the poll most R8 users have come from v7.  I'm aware of the different release time frames. I'm just tempering your conclusion that Reason 8 is 'winning' with a bit of factual reportage.

It wasn't me that made the claim the r8 has been the best selling Reason version of all time either, although it would be nice to see the facts behind a statement like that as I'm still a bit skeptical about that claim without a bit of factual qualification that would back it up in some way.

Neither this poll nor any the comments about it so far have done anything to quell my skepticism sadly.

Smedberg

19 Jan 2015

Ostermilk wrote: r8 has been the best selling Reason version of all time
He never said that.
For me the wording he used are a bit strange.

First he said "fastest selling" and what does that mean?
Did they improve their server speeds?

The second statement being " most successful version"
In regards of what?

The Tone Ranger

19 Jan 2015

Smedberg wrote:
He never said that.
For me the wording he used are a bit strange.

First he said "fastest selling" and what does that mean?
Did they improve their server speeds?

The second statement being " most successful version"
In regards of what?
I'm guessing he means Reason 8 sold more copies after a week or month than any other copy of Reason.

Ostermilk

19 Jan 2015

Smedberg wrote: He never said that. For me the wording he used are a bit strange. First he said "fastest selling" and what does that mean? Did they improve their server speeds? The second statement being " most successful version" In regards of what?
Aha, yes I was just playing blind chinese whispers there I didn't bother checking the original wording of the claim which I ought to have done.

But yes the original wording there does look a bit open ended.

I'm thinking like the Tone Ranger on the first point that more sales happened initially and day of release may have been a factor there as well as the fulfilment of advance upgrades in light of the buy R7 get 8 free promo period.

I guess we'll never know what most successful version means or any of the actuals surrounding sales.

Even with a poll like this we're still pretty much taking stabs in the dark.

Scoobyman II

19 Jan 2015

When I beta tested 8 I did not enjoy working with it. 7 is fine for me. There is so much I can still do with Reason 7.1 that the browser improvement in 8 was not enough for me to upgrade.

gullum

19 Jan 2015

i'm on R8.1 but started with reason 2 up until 3 Cracked then bought 4 + record 1 (the duo pack) and have upgraded ever since, love that pay what you want upgrade they had for 6 or 6.5. I will upgrade again when 8.5 or 9 comes along.

phasys

19 Jan 2015

44 on Reason 7, 44 on 8 from 7.

Well, that's incredibly "succesful" isn't it. :D

Olivier

19 Jan 2015

When i beta-ed i was not convinced. Bought the update anyway because i like the platform and want to see it evolve. Since then i've grown to appreciate the new browser. It defenitely helped speed up my workflow. Wouldn't want to go back now.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

tt_lab

19 Jan 2015

I only updated r7 to r8 because of the better panorama integration.
Now I can do instruments direct from the p6

EnochLight

19 Jan 2015

I think it was Smedberg who posted the link to Prop's yearly operating statement a couple of years back when he and I were discussing how well (or poor) they were doing at the time.  I wonder what their 2014 statement is looking like?  Might be a good indicator of just how well they are doing with version 8 in comparison.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

stratatonic

21 Jan 2015

So far the forum is split pretty evenly between R7 and R8 with a fifth of the members voting so far. And a couple of members happy with their 32 bit versions.

Eagleizer

21 Jan 2015

I have R8, but I only use it for testing. It`s pretty much unusable for me. 
So I voted R7... 

Cheers :)

Namahs Amrak

21 Jan 2015

Progtronic wrote:I never upgraded beyond 4.0. Once you go pure vst.. it's hard to go back.  :P
Do you have any Reason-Exclusive tracks you can share? I had a listen to a couple of your songs and... wow... that's some tight metal. Quite interested to see how a prog-metal guy approaches electronic style music.

By the way, have you found any nice Rex drums for metal?
My Words are my ART

Smedberg

21 Jan 2015

Well, time for some conspiracy thoughts...

In this poll we clearly see that it is not the success as PH say. Majority is still on Reason7.
As we also saw on the PUF poll...

So.
That means that users that hang around in forums are not representative to the normal Reason user.
Is it therefore PH choose to "punish" us by closing the PUF? :D
Attachments
Namnlös.png
Namnlös.png (22.82 KiB) Viewed 2788 times

Namahs Amrak

21 Jan 2015

hey snedburger i was looking for that thread, specifically for a link to the 6 - 7 upgrade poll. any chance you can help? i think ScooterM posted it in there
My Words are my ART

Smedberg

21 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:hey snedburger i was looking for that thread, specifically for a link to the 6 - 7 upgrade poll. any chance you can help? i think ScooterM posted it in there
Attachments
Namnlös.png
Namnlös.png (22.82 KiB) Viewed 2818 times

• Information