Balance reason and studio one

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Palmeira

18 Jan 2015

Hi reasontalk....

Just a heads up if you got studio one recently and have balance and reason. It seems you can't change the buffer size in studio one or in the balance control panel but if you open reason, change the buffer size in preferences and exit it will be updated in studio one.

Cheers

Palmiera

normen

18 Jan 2015

Wtf? What OS is that? Thats a strange driver implementation  :?

motuscott

18 Jan 2015

studio one, isn't that Scottym's bag.
I'm thinking 3D graphics would help here.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Palmeira

18 Jan 2015

Windows 7 not sure how 3d graphics is related. I know a lot of peeps were talking about studio one as it was on serious offer on Black Friday. Got a bit disillusioned after v8 was released so took the plunge myself. Only scratched the surface so far but spent 15 minutes trying to adjust the buffer size so thought I'd put this out there in case anyone else was struggling with this issue.

normen

18 Jan 2015

Palmeira wrote:Windows 7 not sure how 3d graphics is related. I know a lot of peeps were talking about studio one as it was on serious offer on Black Friday. Got a bit disillusioned after v8 was released so took the plunge myself. Only scratched the surface so far but spent 15 minutes trying to adjust the buffer size so thought I'd put this out there in case anyone else was struggling with this issue.
You're using the ASIO driver I suppose?

I think motu was just being silly because scotty likes to randomly post 3d graphics mock ups of devices.

motuscott

18 Jan 2015

normen wrote: I think motu was just being silly because scotty likes to randomly post 3d graphics mock ups of devices.
Yes I was.
Nothing to contribute here.
I'll see myself out.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Ostermilk

18 Jan 2015

Palmeira wrote:Hi reasontalk.... Just a heads up if you got studio one recently and have balance and reason. It seems you can't change the buffer size in studio one or in the balance control panel but if you open reason, change the buffer size in preferences and exit it will be updated in studio one. Cheers Palmiera
It's a Studio One thing, rather than anything to do with the OS or driver.  It's not a problem either you just need to be aware of how S1 handles things.

S1 will just inherit the last ASIO settings on loading unless you specify your buffer size for the song.  From there you can specify the default for new songs but those settings do not become active until you open an existing song or create a new one. 

The S1 start screen will always show what the current settings are as left by the last program that used the ASIO driver which is why you are seeing the settings you'd expect after running and closing Reason then opening S1 again.

Palmeira

19 Jan 2015

Cheers Ostermilk I'll play around with that later.

• Information