Competitions?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
zeebot

16 Jan 2015

I'm wondering if we will see any song comps on here in the near future?
I see FM has joined but I dont think he has time to set one up but it would be great to get something going?
I'm eager to help out if I can but honestly I'm crap at organising something of this magnitude.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

tibah

16 Jan 2015

Well, we can always do things like a community ReFill or just a song challenge for the fun of it. I know prices are great and maybe enough developers will gather here as well to have such challenges again.

In the meanwhile we could do things like the famous "one sample only" challenge me and some friends used to have. :D Or the mighty "sample roulette" - 3 random songs (preferably creative commons or stuff from archive.org that got public domain) to sample and make a tune of.

Arsenic

16 Jan 2015

emotica wrote:Well, we can always do things like a community ReFill or just a song challenge for the fun of it. I know prices are great and maybe enough developers will gather here as well to have such challenges again.
I always enjoyed hearing what people came up with in the song challenges. I never entered, but that was just because.......

I do remember Rob (FailedMuso) launching the Synth Nation Song Challenge - complete with classic synth countdown - An entertaining thread, even if I didn't enter...

As for community refills, with one thing and another, I never finished anything I started. Maybe with the new forum and a fresh start I will be more motivated.

Failed Muso

16 Jan 2015

zeebot wrote: I'm wondering if we will see any song comps on here in the near future?
I see FM has joined but I dont think he has time to set one up but it would be great to get something going?
I'm eager to help out if I can but honestly I'm crap at organising something of this magnitude.
Arsenic wrote:I do remember Rob (FailedMuso) launching the Synth Nation Song Challenge - complete with classic synth countdown - An entertaining thread, even if I didn't enter...
Who knows. I might be persuaded ;)

zeebot

16 Jan 2015

That would be great FM!!
Those competitions were legendary.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Emian

16 Jan 2015

zeebot wrote: I'm wondering if we will see any song comps on here in the near future?

The contests  were to me the best  part of PUF !

i entered the first one (Ray's Winterrefill contest, wich you won well deserverd ) when i joined Reason community & really grew into Reason trough the contests... it was the biggest motivation for me !

a deadline? cool !!
hard competition ?? inspiring for next time :)

it allways had  a great vibe, people posted who never posted on other moments, the true tallents came out to play, i loved it, really ....

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Lunesis

16 Jan 2015

Well we got Rob and Noel here.. maybe they could team up and have some sort of super challenge!

Lunesis

16 Jan 2015

frog974new wrote:any way to save this topic
" list of all music challenges "
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/sho ... p?t=206849
Won't be of much use without the threads that are being linked, unfortunately.

raymondh

17 Jan 2015

Emian wrote:  
The contests  were to me the best  part of PUF !

i entered the first one (Ray's Winterrefill contest, wich you won well deserverd ) when i joined Reason community & really grew into Reason trough the contests... it was the biggest motivation for me !

a deadline? cool !!
hard competition ?? inspiring for next time :)

it allways had  a great vibe, people posted who never posted on other moments, the true tallents came out to play, i loved it, really ....

Awesome that you remember that Jan :)

I have found all the challenges to have been really great. Nothing like some limitations and a deadline to get a song completed haha! :)

• Information