Monthly Raffle

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Lunesis

16 Jan 2015

Just in case you didn't notice it...

http://www.reasontalk.com/post/show_sin ... stcount=16

Thinking about doing something similar for the music forum to get people moving around in there.

stratatonic

16 Jan 2015

Uh...how is ReasonChat coming up with the 600 dollars a year to pay the winners???

Lunesis

16 Jan 2015

stratatonic wrote:Uh...how is ReasonChat coming up with the 600 dollars a year to pay the winners???
ReasonChat got a pretty decent job ;)

stratatonic

16 Jan 2015

Very funny....no, really...

(And how much is it for a domain name?)

Lunesis

16 Jan 2015

stratatonic wrote:Very funny....no, really... (And how much is it for a domain name?)
Nothing 'unreasonable'  8-)

TheGoodGoodMan

16 Jan 2015

Be careful with things like that, people might just post things for the sake of posting without any substance. The idea of incentives is good, but let's not make it about the amount of posts.

BTW when ads Kick in? :)

Lunesis

16 Jan 2015

TheGoodGoodMan wrote:Be careful with things like that, people might just post things for the sake of posting without any substance. The idea of incentives is good, but let's not make it about the amount of posts. BTW when ads Kick in? :)
No ads, this all comes out of my pocket.

normen

16 Jan 2015

Dat PayPal link to get you started? :) I'd be willing to chip in at least a few packs of cigarettes worth of money (gotta cut down on that anyway ;) )

MassiveSoundStudios

16 Jan 2015

normen wrote:Dat PayPal link to get you started? :) I'd be willing to chip in at least a few packs of cigarettes worth of money (gotta cut down on that anyway ;) )
have you tried electronic cigs? I finally quit after 17 years of smoking :)

Jan 2004

normen

16 Jan 2015

MassiveSoundStudios wrote: have you tried electronic cigs? I finally quit after 17 years of smoking :)
Hehe, because electronic cigs suck so much? Or how am I supposed to understand your post? ;)

craven

16 Jan 2015

finally an electronic music :?  err e-smoking forum :)

no really, I have a good feeling about this place - the included chat is nice and there is a lot of action already! Also Selig, Normen and other important people are here (who is this Lunesis guy?  :D )
:ugeek:

motuscott

16 Jan 2015

Who knows what kind of sickness electric cigs are subjecting you to.
Give me cancer the old fashioned way.
7 years off, 35 years smoker, welcome me Jeebus into your dirty ashtray.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

CharlyCharlzz

16 Jan 2015

Lunesis wrote:Just in case you didn't notice it...

http://lunesis.forumchitchat.com/post/m ... 1285806940

Thinking about doing something similar for the music forum to get people moving around in there.
this is a very cool idear ,

I don't want to break my rules and create a paypal just for this otherwise I know myself i will end up buying RE's insted of Food LOL !
I like the rule and all so damn you dragging me into a spiral in my mind ....

can I play but If i win i choose to who (a registered member) can have that money insted of me ?
or will it be automatic in the way that the winner get autopayed directly ?

PS: congratulation for the idear anyway that is way cool ! :thumbup:
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Lunesis

16 Jan 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:
Lunesis wrote:Just in case you didn't notice it...

http://lunesis.forumchitchat.com/post/m ... 1285806940

CharlyCharlzz wrote:
this is a very cool idear ,

I don't want to break my rules and create a paypal just for this otherwise I know myself i will end up buying RE's insted of Food LOL !
I like the rule and all so damn you dragging me into a spiral in my mind ....

can I play but If i win i choose to who (a registered member) can have that money insted of me ?
or will it be automatic in the way that the winner get autopayed directly ?

PS: congratulation for the idear anyway that is way cool ! :thumbup:
If you win and you don't want it then I will just roll again.

Lunesis

18 Jan 2015

Well unfortunately, due to the massive amount of traffic we're getting I am going to have to divert the money that was planned for the raffle into paying for a premium plan. 75,000 views in 2 days, holy shit!  :shock:  Sorry for any inconvenience!

Theo.M

18 Jan 2015

Lunesis wrote:Well unfortunately, due to the massive amount of traffic we're getting I am going to have to divert the money that was planned for the raffle into paying for a premium plan. 75,000 views in 2 days, holy shit!  :shock:  Sorry for any inconvenience!

that's great you are so busy.. but perhaps we can have a donation fund for raffle purposes.. i'd be happy to put in 5, i am sure there will be others, it will all mount up.. could be used for competitions, raffles, etc

Lunesis

18 Jan 2015

Lunesis wrote:Well unfortunately, due to the massive amount of traffic we're getting I am going to have to divert the money that was planned for the raffle into paying for a premium plan. 75,000 views in 2 days, holy shit!  :shock:  Sorry for any inconvenience!
Bavanity wrote:

that's great you are so busy.. but perhaps we can have a donation fund for raffle purposes.. i'd be happy to put in 5, i am sure there will be others, it will all mount up.. could be used for competitions, raffles, etc
Hmm, I'll have to think about how I'd want to structure it. Maybe everybody who pitched in would have a chance at winning the whole pot, instead of people over a certain post count, or something having to do with the music forum possibly. The original idea of the raffle was to get people to post but now I'm not so sure that's even necessary. I do want to have some fun stuff like that going on in the background though.

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

You also need to disable the ability to upload and host images directly on the site, or very quickly that's going to destroy you with fees as the size limitations are exceeded. Sure it's not as convenient for people to upload remotely, but it's the norm these days. It's 2015, and there are countless free services to facilitate remote hosting.
My Words are my ART

Theo.M

18 Jan 2015

Bavanity wrote:

Lunesis wrote:
Hmm, I'll have to think about how I'd want to structure it. Maybe everybody who pitched in would have a chance at winning the whole pot, instead of people over a certain post count, or something having to do with the music forum possibly. The original idea of the raffle was to get people to post but now I'm not so sure that's even necessary. I do want to have some fun stuff like that going on in the background though.
I reckon it would be cool since we know there is no need to worry about post amounts now, just to do this stuff in the spirit of fun and giving anyway. And those who donate.. nah.. the raffles should still be open to everyone.. The donators could just be mentioned in a thank you topic for the month or quarter or whatever. If one happens to win, then so be it, they would have the same chance as anyone else. Anyway just an idea.. used to enjoy giving away stuff i no longer used at KVR using an online raffle site, it's fun! Of course with Reason it is different as besides the main program and old boxed refills nothing can be transferred, but giveaways of new stuff would be cool! And comps! Anyway just an idea.

Lunesis

18 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:
You also need to disable the ability to upload and host images directly on the site, or very quickly that's going to destroy you with fees as the size limitations are exceeded. Sure it's not as convenient for people to upload remotely, but it's the norm these days. It's 2015, and there are countless free services to facilitate remote hosting.
I assumed that was part of the package but maybe you're right.. I will call and ask support tomorrow.

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

Better yet, negotiate with RE developers, and run a monthly comp such as the QUAD Challenge. This benefits the community (and the spirit), but also the developer, whose product is being openly discussed, and being trialled by many. Work out amongst yourselves who is the most diplomatic in negotiating, and get onto some Devs.
My Words are my ART

rvman

18 Jan 2015

Seriously, if we all need to chip in a few dollars to keep this site going, I'll happily give.

Smoking side note: I quit by adding up what I was spending in a year and decided that a new guitar would be better. #motivation
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

Bear in mind you don't really need an incentive. In two days there have already been plenty. 'Lectric Panda did a quick giveaway where 30 people must have received an RE, Smedberg is doing a raffle for his keyboard, JP has a 50% off deal, and various other developers have offered discounts. Save your money for the upkeep of the site, or buy your kid something nice.

I will offer my 60% discount code next week too in a raffle, to keep the love in the house. Just waiting for Rob Papen to get back to me and confirm it's transferable.
My Words are my ART

Julibee

18 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Bear in mind you don't really need an incentive. In two days there have already been plenty. 'Lectric Panda did a quick giveaway where 30 people must have received an RE, Smedberg is doing a raffle for his keyboard, JP has a 50% off deal, and various other developers have offered discounts. Save your money for the upkeep of the site, or buy your kid something nice.

I will offer my 60% discount code next week too in a raffle, to keep the love in the house. Just waiting for Rob Papen to get back to me and confirm it's transferable.
I agree. Focus on the maintence. Between us, there's more than enough goodies to go around. I don't have much to give away besides free album codes (and not that everyone would be thrilled to have such a thing), but it could sweeten a larger pot, maybe... ?
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

• Information