How Will Newcomers Know We're Here?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Rice

15 Jan 2015

Don't know if this question has already been raised, but, how will newcomers know we're here?

Lunesis

15 Jan 2015

I will try to get this up on Google search results somewhere, as well as on Facebook as soon as the domain name registers in a couple of days. It may take some time but I figure with the amount of support we have so far we should be well on our way to climbing the list. Any word of mouth is appreciated of course.

Rice

15 Jan 2015

Admin wrote:I will try to get this up on Google search results somewhere, as well as on Facebook as soon as the domain name registers in a couple of days. It may take some time but I figure with the amount of support we have so far we should be well on our way to climbing the list. Any word of mouth is appreciated of course.
Hey that works for me. Thanks!

MarkTarlton

15 Jan 2015

I think it would be great if the props could make a link from their homepage along with a statement/apology to all the forum members trying to find the old puf.

eusti

15 Jan 2015

MarkTarlton wrote:I think it would be great if the props could make a link from their homepage along with a statement/apology to all the forum members trying to find the old puf.
Yes, that would be nice. I wouldn't count on it though.

D.

Rice

15 Jan 2015

MarkTarlton wrote:I think it would be great if the props could make a link from their homepage along with a statement/apology to all the forum members trying to find the old puf.
Yeah Mark, but honestly, would they?? :?

MarkTarlton

15 Jan 2015

Rice wrote:
Yeah Mark, but honestly, would they?? :?
I seriously doubt they would but it would be nice!

Yorick

15 Jan 2015

Can you determine search tags for the site?

Marketblandings

15 Jan 2015

As a newbie who fell hard in love with the PUF, may I suggest that each of you migrating here put up an individual thread at the PUF saying where you are going. Before it is killed. New thread each time.

Those of us who don't know you well (and don't know who hates who and is boycotting what new site for whatever reason) can then see a consensus form in the thread headers.

Maybe all this last minute activity will resonate in Google results for awhile afterwards, too?

rvman

16 Jan 2015

The Reason users will find this place, so no worries there.
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

Rice

16 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote:It looks like the core users are already here so let's encourage the newcomers to follow. Lunesis is a modern day Moses! He leadeth us out of darkness, away from the evil Pharaoh and unholy lands. He giveth us mana to uphold our strength in these trying times. We walketh with him and hold dear his efforts.
Amen.
Lol...a little too much mustard there :D

Rice

16 Jan 2015

But yes, to agree with "LA" the core is important, but there are many (like I was), who will not get or will have to wait a long time to get some of the inside tips and tricks (for free), that they can't get easily. It will get boring and stale without fresh blood coming in.

VOLCANIC

16 Jan 2015

Let's all be patient falks as soon as the ship sinks every body will wonder around and before ya'll know it, this place will be packed
Volcanic Music

colcifer

16 Jan 2015

We could ask the Props to link to us.

Gaja

16 Jan 2015

colcifer wrote:We could ask the Props to link to us.
Yes. Good idea. I'm sure they'll do that, if we ask nicely :)
Cheers!
Fredhoven

jfrichards

17 Jan 2015

ReasonTalk needs a regular presence on all the official Prop sites.

polardozer

17 Jan 2015

I'm personally glad I, a newb on the Prop Forums, got on today and managed to find out it was closing! then, as I was reading through, I found a link here...

Orion

18 Jan 2015

polardozer wrote:I'm personally glad I, a newb on the Prop Forums, got on today and managed to find out it was closing!
Same here. I've been registered on the PH forum since 2002 but I only checked out the forums maybe once or twice a month - glad I logged on when I did to witness the end and find this refuge. I'm fairly bent out of shape by what those PHuckers are doing but at least us orphans will have a nice place to congregate, lick our wounds and make the most of the situation. Who knows, maybe I'll even be more active here than the 14 posts I made over the course of 12 years there.

Many thanks to whoever set this place up!

m00ndancer

20 Jan 2015

Make a google+ page, will come up in searches afaik.

Namahs Amrak

20 Jan 2015

With no facility to restrict postings to registered product owners, think about all the version 4 pirates we're going to see :)
My Words are my ART

• Information