Youtuber tries Reason 12 for the first time and tries to make acid techno

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

22 Sep 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
22 Sep 2021
Of course they default to on... They all default to on.
So they do, it's a scam. It's probably what they hoped would happen with the 3 months for 3 thing. I wonder how many other people have been charged a month now. Mine has been cancelled now. Knowing my luck though, it won't even cover the smart browser period and I'll miss out trying it out.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Mistro17

22 Sep 2021

I enjoyed this video. I remember playing with the Matrix Pattern sequencer in 3.5. Makes me feel like I been neglecting some old friends :-) He should be invited to one of those live streams when demonstrating. I bet it would be fun.

fullforce

22 Sep 2021

Creativemind wrote:
22 Sep 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
22 Sep 2021
Of course they default to on... They all default to on.
So they do, it's a scam. It's probably what they hoped would happen with the 3 months for 3 thing. I wonder how many other people have been charged a month now. Mine has been cancelled now. Knowing my luck though, it won't even cover the smart browser period and I'll miss out trying it out.
Well it's not a scam, but thanks for reminding me to cancel it.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

EnochLight

22 Sep 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
20 Sep 2021
Fantastic video - thanks for sharing this! Was very refreshing to see a user who hasn't picked up Reason in over 15 years just sit down and start making music. Hoping this YouTuber posts more videos!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

PhillipOrdonez

22 Sep 2021

EnochLight wrote:
22 Sep 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
20 Sep 2021
Fantastic video - thanks for sharing this! Was very refreshing to see a user who hasn't picked up Reason in over 15 years just sit down and start making music. Hoping this YouTuber posts more videos!
Totally! I too hope he makes more Reason content.

jamespember
Reason Studios

22 Sep 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
22 Sep 2021
EnochLight wrote:
22 Sep 2021

I spoke to Oscar today and he had such a blast in Reason (which shows in the video I thought). So, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised - keep your eyes peeled on his channel over the coming weeks and months :)

PhillipOrdonez

22 Sep 2021

jamespember wrote:
22 Sep 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
22 Sep 2021

I spoke to Oscar today and he had such a blast in Reason (which shows in the video I thought). So, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised - keep your eyes peeled on his channel over the coming weeks and months :)
James for president!

dvdrtldg

22 Sep 2021

fullforce wrote:
22 Sep 2021
But honestly, any idiot can do this, right?
I've been making music in Reason for over a decade (and music outside Reason for several more decades) and only fairly recently have started getting into more techno styles. So while yes, the basic programming he's doing there is pretty straightforward, I did find it really useful to see what he's doing to create a "rumble" around the kick. Wouldn't have occurred to me to do that, and it sounds awesome

The other interesting thing to see was how he quickly flicked through the kick samples and rejected them all :lol: I've always found the raw drum samples in Reason very uninspiring, thought it was just me

Loque

22 Sep 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
22 Sep 2021
fullforce wrote:
22 Sep 2021
But honestly, any idiot can do this, right?
I've been making music in Reason for over a decade (and music outside Reason for several more decades) and only fairly recently have started getting into more techno styles. So while yes, the basic programming he's doing there is pretty straightforward, I did find it really useful to see what he's doing to create a "rumble" around the kick. Wouldn't have occurred to me to do that, and it sounds awesome

The other interesting thing to see was how he quickly flicked through the kick samples and rejected them all :lol: I've always found the raw drum samples in Reason very uninspiring, thought it was just me
Lol, yes! That clicking through the samples... Mehhh... No... Nope... Naah... Sux...... Ok, i load some other sample pack!

That's me with the samples and drumkits from FSB since the beginning 😂
Reason12, Win10

PhillipOrdonez

22 Sep 2021

I just can't, I need my sample pack library. One thing I haven't gotten into is sampling kicks from other records. May start one day! For now it's all about my sample packs... I'm sure there are good kicks included with Reason, no doubt, but until I find the time to create a favourites list and find and sort the ones that suit me, I'll just rather use my external samples.

Neo

23 Sep 2021

Some of us already know these techniques sure, but its sill nice to see people giving some love to RS. lol
That said, I have always been little perplexed at the lack of content/tutorials vs the other DAWs.

Screen Capture from sonicacademy... not a single tutorial on offer. (don't mean to go off topic)
1.jpg
1.jpg (83.03 KiB) Viewed 1061 times
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

EdGrip

23 Sep 2021

I'm subscribed to this guy - I find his videos useful and inspiring. He helps cut through the option paralysis I often get when I open a blank project.

EdGrip

23 Sep 2021

The scam is when they deliberately hide (or otherwise make difficult) the option to cancel membership. Audible are awful for this.

jjpscott01

23 Sep 2021

Great Video! I've always maintained that Reason is unmatched when it comes to simply having a blast making music. I have several of the big DAW's and I still get the most inspired when opening up that rack.
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 5 | CUBASE 13 | SSL2+ | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

Shadoww

23 Sep 2021

Awesome to see a Youtuber playing about in an intuitive way. Wish there was more fun content like this. Regular experimental Reason videos like this would be great.

Jagwah

23 Sep 2021

Just a heads up guys we are doing an acid techno challenge based off this guy's video, have a look in the comps and challenges forum . There's still time to add your ideas for the comp, will be starting in a day or so 🙂

• Information