If you only had one choice..

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jagwah

04 Dec 2015

Get James Bernard back on board.

Benedict
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2015

I would really like basic Video Editing so not only can we Sync Video but insert and crossfade video clips & photos to the beat.

Otherwise a full Synth Edit style Combinator would be cool (but probably not as useful as you think when Thor or Antidote... will already do it).

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

eusti

04 Dec 2015

Benedict wrote:I would really like basic Video Editing so not only can we Sync Video but insert and crossfade video clips & photos to the beat.

Otherwise a full Synth Edit style Combinator would be cool (but probably not as useful as you think when Thor or Antidote... will already do it).

Please, no!
There are other programs for that. I wouldn't want the small developer team to get distracted to make this program to do something half assedly that other programs can do a lot better... But I'm all for real video support...
We can't even do sophisticated crossfades to audio yet... :P

D.

Benedict
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2015

See I don't remotely care about crossfades to audio or clip launchers etc (I get that you do tho).

Video Editing (and remember this was supposed to be a bit pie in the sky) is something I would use. I edit video in other applications but think how great it could be if I made the sound and vision at once with the same sort of timing. If I change tempo then my video comes right along.

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

DNA Apocalypse

04 Dec 2015

A new monster 9ru combinator with knobs, buttons, sliders, lfos, envelopes,and maybe a output meter all assignable and movable and of course
gui skin-ability......this would make reason unstoppable and refills would be resurrected to rival rack extensions!
DNA-LABS-SOFTWARE.COM :reason: :refill: :re:

eusti

04 Dec 2015

Benedict wrote:See I don't remotely care about crossfades to audio or clip launchers etc (I get that you do tho).

Video Editing (and remember this was supposed to be a bit pie in the sky) is something I would use. I edit video in other applications but think how great it could be if I made the sound and vision at once with the same sort of timing. If I change tempo then my video comes right along.

Well, I'd like to be able to crossfade audio, then a video implementation would actually make sense to me.
And I don't care about clip launchers, personally... ;)

D.

Jagwah

04 Dec 2015

I want the video feature Benedict is talking about more than anything, particularly working 'to the beat.' There is quite a bit of want for video support around.

txh003

04 Dec 2015

Without a doubt, a VST wrapper device.
:reason: :record: :recycle: :rebirth: :reload: :re: :refill:

dana

05 Dec 2015

Lower CPU Usage

Creativemind

05 Dec 2015

Yes, it is very hard to choose just one. It would have to be between:-

1) A melodyne / flex edit type audio feature with tempo detect of audio and fit to tempo for audio thrown in.
2) Loading of samples for manipulation with Malstrom and loading of samples into Re's.
3) Would 'Midi Editing' be classed as 1? Many features here (onion skins, key or keys depress on midi editor piano and display grey line rows in correspondence with your midi controller keys across that key row in the midi editor), reversing of notes, chord painting, neater velocity edkiting, fixed note lengths whilst recording, muting individual note/s, cutting notes with razor and joining them up again with ctrl or cmd/J etc etc) but yeah Midi Editing.
4) Better looking sequencer. Maybe background colour change and ink and a contrast button/option.

Or

5) Audio to Midi.

But there are also a few little features that need addressing:- undo events list, full colour pallet (like 256 colours or something), linked channels on SSL link faders for volume adjustments in unison, multiple voices per oscillator in Thor and Subtractor, Multiple Mix Channels Openable At Once and a Mix Channel Keyboard Shortcut in the rack & a Notepad for lyrics.

I definitely think with whatever comes in Reason 9. They should throw in a sequencer background colour change etc and make that sequencer look a lot cooler. Many non Reason users I have spoke to have said they don't think that sequencer looks good.
Last edited by Creativemind on 08 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

pjeudy

05 Dec 2015

Tough question !
If I had only one choice, I would want Propellerheads to "Allow registered users try out new features,GUI looks etc....Before they then ask users to simply help them look for Bugs."

There are too many request for them to implement all...but just because they are Propellerheads and they make the software doesn't mean that they can't have bad ideas. Ironically , it's just like making music, you can play a session for hours and loose focus on your track, and someone who walks in with a fresh perspective within 5 seconds tell you "oh..just change that" and you have a killer track again!

Having said that.....Sample loading and Panel switching I'm sure has ton be at the very top of there to do list
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Social Exodus

05 Dec 2015

Talent button would be handy.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

freeQlow

05 Dec 2015

I would get Reason to sit down with their Euro Cousins at Behringer and make an exclusive and affordable SSL midi Controller, pot for pot replica of our SSL.
Additionally with another physical pot section for Prop racks to go along with either a 9" Touch Screen display for visual midi mapping or IPAD dock for such visualizing.

If you build it, they will come!

freeQlow

05 Dec 2015

Behringer might not "advertise" knockoffs but they pull it off visually and they do have the Mackie and Allen heath technology

MannequinRaces

05 Dec 2015

An update to Malstrom with the ability to load our own grain tables.

freeQlow

05 Dec 2015

DNA Apocalypse wrote:A new monster 9ru combinator with knobs, buttons, sliders, lfos, envelopes,and maybe a output meter all assignable and movable and of course
gui skin-ability......this would make reason unstoppable and refills would be resurrected to rival rack extensions!
Exactly what Hydro needs!
Attachments
received_367274180130202.jpeg
received_367274180130202.jpeg (31.16 KiB) Viewed 2045 times

chimp_spanner

05 Dec 2015

I'm gonna just chime in here with something REALLY boring and say a setting that allows you to choose a particular view as the device order master. So re-arranging your racks will be automatically reflected in the mixer and arrange window. This would save me a *lot* of time when it comes to organizing my projects!

stfual

08 Dec 2015

Recording and editing CV in the same way as automation.

gak

08 Dec 2015

raymondh wrote:VST wrapper (for VST instruments and effects)

Skullture

08 Dec 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:I'd go for a live-mode where you can launch clips and such á la Ableton - not the most original request, but I think it's one that would move Reason forward into territory it deserves to conquer.
They don't have to copy Ableton, but yes Props should make it more attractive to perform live with Reason.

Gurra

08 Dec 2015

softska wrote:select and move multiple faders on mixer. Seriously guys, we're half way thru 21st century
and to be able to lock them to each other for this purpose without having to create a bus to do it
+1 on this one
:PUF_balance: :essentials: :reason:

rcbuse
RE Developer

08 Dec 2015

chimp_spanner wrote:I'm gonna just chime in here with something REALLY boring and say a setting that allows you to choose a particular view as the device order master. So re-arranging your racks will be automatically reflected in the mixer and arrange window. This would save me a *lot* of time when it comes to organizing my projects!
How would it work differently than the existing "Sort Selected Device Groups" ?
[Edit] I missed you said automatically.

chimp_spanner

08 Dec 2015

rcbuse wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:I'm gonna just chime in here with something REALLY boring and say a setting that allows you to choose a particular view as the device order master. So re-arranging your racks will be automatically reflected in the mixer and arrange window. This would save me a *lot* of time when it comes to organizing my projects!
How would it work differently than the existing "Sort Selected Device Groups" ?
[Edit] I missed you said automatically.
Yeah man :) I mean, to be sure, it's a really small tweak. But it'd be great to just freely organize your racks or tracks and know that the changes are reflected everywhere else in the software, if you want them to be of course. Good rack organization is essential, at least until we have extended visibility controls, track folders, etc.

raymondh

08 Dec 2015

gak wrote:
raymondh wrote:VST wrapper (for VST instruments and effects)
Haha how do you really feel?

If we had the choice of a VSTi or a Rack Extension, I'd choose a Rack Extension every time.
But we don't. We can rationalise to ourselves that the convoluted signal path of virtual midi and audio loopback is good enough, or we can use a different rewire host's sequencer, or we are shut out of a lot of fantastic music technology.

I remember when a bunch of people (or was it just Propellerhead employees?) thought MIDI-out was outside the scope for Reason. I don't think anyone has suffered too much now that feature is in the product.

Just like the MIDI-out device, A VST wrapper could be ignored by the VST haters who are happy with what they have. So then everyone is happy...

Times change. Remember Propellerhead used to vigorously refute any claims that Reason was a DAW.
Reason isn't just a rack of synths any more...

• Information