Reason 8.2 Update is Available!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Loborg

02 Apr 2015

Changing the color of one mixer channel seems to change the color of all mixer channels connected to the same bus now, at least when I tried to split a Kong into 8 outs and 1 bus... Hmmm. Doesn't happen in 7.

frog974new

02 Apr 2015

raymondh wrote:Wow! What an awesome update. Looking at the fix list, this addresses all my Reason 8 gripes! :)
a good update with a broken idea : no support 32 bits
hum...hum..
many retailers still have the reason 8 Box ( dvd + card serial ) , to grab some fix bug with support users have to change all their workflow ..? Oo

for next upadte Re , what'll happens ..?

zakalwe

02 Apr 2015

Good to hear they put patch revert in.

no 32 bit is odd though.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

02 Apr 2015

Made a video for all you old PUF-ers. :)

EnochLight

02 Apr 2015

MattiasHG wrote:Made a video for all you old PUF-ers. :)

Haaa!!!  Bravo, sir!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

JoshuaPhilgarlic

02 Apr 2015

Ok, but where are the factory soundbanks hidden now (on Mac) - just in case I need to return to Reason prior to 8.2 eventually??

EnochLight

02 Apr 2015

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:Ok, but where are the factory soundbanks hidden now (on Mac) - just in case I need to return to Reason prior to 8.2 eventually??
Mac: /Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Soundbanks
Windows: \ProgramData\Propellerhead Software etc 
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

tiker01

02 Apr 2015

:s0221: :s0221: :s0221: :s0221:
You could have added pulsing pineapples following the rhythm! ;)

BTW I love this Astoria demo track. :s0230:

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Data_Shrine

02 Apr 2015

I'm happy with the update & bug fixes, it's a step in the right direction. Let's hope they continue to fix/improve Reason... 

selig
RE Developer

02 Apr 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:Wtf they changed Yellow to Lemon!
eXode wrote:
No. Pineapple is the new Yellow! :P
You're a bit late on that one: ;)
http://www.reasontalk.com/post/show_sin ... stcount=46
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

02 Apr 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Hell yeah! I'm about to open it up and shek it owt!
SELIG- Just curious if you'll be updating REmark to have all the new colors? I'd even pay you a few bucks. It's important to me.

EDIT: Wow all these new colors are overwhelming. So nice :)
YES, of course. It's in beta as we speak:

Read more here:
http://www.reasontalk.com/post/remark-2 ... 1286747882
Selig Audio, LLC

challism

02 Apr 2015

I'm surprised they aren't calling this Reason 9 and charging $129 for it.  ha ha ha
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

xRwu8

02 Apr 2015

The entire top two-thirds of the old color dropdown are like the ugly crayons no one wants.

Thank god I can stop using Moss Green and Ochre just because I ran out of good colors  :crazy:
:reason: :recycle: :refill: :re: :rt:

jfrichards

02 Apr 2015

xRwu8 wrote:The entire top two-thirds of the old color dropdown are like the ugly crayons no one wants.
Wow serious deja vu from 1965.  All the good colors turned into little stubs, all the ochres looked brand new.

altron

02 Apr 2015

Brilliant! Instant Pineapplification! This alone is worth the upgrade!

I must sing a song to the Props ...

"..... I just can't stop loving youuuu ...."  :crazy:
Trap is where music goes to die.

Concep

02 Apr 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:One thing rarely gets mentioned about R8 is the removal of the sequencer and mixer navigators, which were replaced by the ridiculously ultra-thin and semi-transparent scroll bars. Both I find very impractical to use: the mixer one particularly frustrates in my portrait second-monitor SSL setup, the scroll bar is fiddly to hit and partially obscures track names, whereas before the navigator allowed easy mouse scrolling, now it involves far too much precision.

The whole 50 shades of grey thing is pretty tiring. It's quite hard to tell what sequencer tracks are selected, as it's hard to read the lane text and see the Mute/Solo letters as there is no other demarcation for button awareness, with the dark grey text on a dark grey background.
I totally agree with this.  I'm also a little upset they removed 32bit support.  My word laptop runs a 32bit Windows 7, and my company won't let me change it.  That means, if I probably won't have backward compatibility with my machine at home if I update to 8.2.

selig
RE Developer

02 Apr 2015

xRwu8 wrote:The entire top two-thirds of the old color dropdown are like the ugly crayons no one wants.

Thank god I can stop using Moss Green and Ochre just because I ran out of good colors  :crazy:
I've always found the each person uses a different set of colors from the crayon box. There are some that are more commonly used than others, but one man's ugly crayons are anthers favorites. That's the way it was around my house, but some of my family were artists so they understood the use of the "ugly" colors maybe? 

Either way, I use Ochre and Moss Green all the time myself, and on purpose! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

clone

02 Apr 2015

Upgraded to 8.1 last weekend, now today 8.2. Down loading now!

xRwu8

02 Apr 2015

selig wrote:I've always found the each person uses a different set of colors from the crayon box. There are some that are more commonly used than others, but one man's ugly crayons are anthers favorites.
Totally! It's just after having used Reason via Rewire for so many years and producing/mixing most of the track in Ableton or Logic (which have really great color palettes), it always baffled me that with so few colors available, Props would dedicate such a high percentage to muted earth tones.

Did we really need Camouflage Green AND Asparagus??  ;)
:reason: :recycle: :refill: :re: :rt:

gullum

02 Apr 2015

So now all thought about PH not listening should be wiped out the window. New color nice but only thing that really and I mean really makes me happy is patch revert. 

selig
RE Developer

02 Apr 2015

selig wrote:I've always found the each person uses a different set of colors from the crayon box. There are some that are more commonly used than others, but one man's ugly crayons are anthers favorites.
xRwu8 wrote:
Totally! It's just after having used Reason via Rewire for so many years and producing/mixing most of the track in Ableton or Logic (which have really great color palettes), it always baffled me that with so few colors available, Props would dedicate such a high percentage to muted earth tones.

Did we really need Camouflage Green AND Asparagus??  ;)
Didn't take long for someone to suggest FEWER colors - gotta be a first!   ;)
(yes, I realize that's not exactly what you're saying, just having some fun!)
Selig Audio, LLC

jfrichards

02 Apr 2015

Strange, the mixer and rack windows can now be resized to tiny.  More preparations for the iPad version of Reason?

lowpryo

02 Apr 2015

mmm yeah love the new colors. if they were willing to finally make this improvement that's been a staple in their DAW for years, does that also mean hope is not lost for a darker, less blinding transport theme down the road?!

eXode

02 Apr 2015

eXode wrote:
selig wrote:

I beg to differ! You can never be too late for PINEAPPLE!!! :D

selig
RE Developer

02 Apr 2015

eXode wrote:
selig wrote:
eXode wrote:
I beg to differ! You can never be too late for PINEAPPLE!!! :D
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information