Reason 9 is ridicubad...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EdGrip

15 Jun 2016

Broadly then, the Players are getting two kinds of whine - "I learned to play chords with one or both of my hands! Now anyone can play chords! Playing chords was my professional/artistic edge!"

And

"My music has no use for chords (or if it does, I can already play them with one or both of my hands because I am a proper musician so this adds nothing)".

The interface for the Note Echo is not great, though, and needs a pop-out detail editor like the very good pop-out sample editor - so we can set precise velocities for echoes.

selig
RE Developer

15 Jun 2016

boobytrap wrote:
gak wrote:Welp, changed my mind.

After thinking about it, bounce in place is the ONLY tool that is even remotely useful. The color schemes are nice, but not worth 129 bucks. The rest of it is either useless or unnecessary. Players "quickly" become boring and the workflow "enhancements" are nothing of the kind.

Nothing "ridicubad" about it, but I'm over it. Uninstalled and I'm sticking to 8. (Hey, I'm one of those guys now :lol: )

I know you've been waiting with baited breath, and now it's final.
I watch last reason live stream about patches and sounds. the tattoo guy says we didn't remove anything since 2002. but 2 Amps gone with R9. technically when be buy reason we paid for that too. now it's gone and no replacement. (not about softtube amps. its also include with R8)
all users use that amps now need to edit there project files again. also what about the refills with that amps. this is the first time in the history, have to pay for reduction. its 129 $ gentlemen ! 129
since 2 years people ask over 1000 of feature requests. but PH only make 7. actually 5 or 4. I didn't remember anyone ask note echo thing or dual ARP. but the funny part is they even not CV or Audio routing capable. how they work actually. Bluetooth or WI-FI. personally i'm really worried now after 3 years. me too uninstall R9. because it's not R9.
PH don't like people show there faults. they always want to here there good only. witch remands me our arrogant President .
Let's TRY to keep your personal opinions about politics out of this discussion please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

gak

16 Jun 2016

Holy shit you guys! :lol:

There is nothing wrong with liking it or not. Was just sayin' .........

Sheesh.

Whining, scolding, "don't put yore opinion here" ..... get over it!

@Selig: Come on dude, one little political mention isn't really a horrible thing. Maybe if it is, just quote THAT part which was really small compared to the other stuff? ;)

selig
RE Developer

16 Jun 2016

gak wrote: @Selig: Come on dude, one little political mention isn't really a horrible thing. Maybe if it is, just quote THAT part which was really small compared to the other stuff? ;)
Just doing my job! If your job was to pick up trash, would you pick up every piece or just the really big stuff? It's stuff like this that spark bigger fires IMO, and a big part of why the old PUF went so bad IMO. If you nip these things in the bud you don't allow things to get out of hand, and you can create a more positive environment overall.
I realize everyone has their own opinion of how things should be handled, and welcome feedback such as yours!
:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Bonkhead

16 Jun 2016

boobytrap wrote:the tattoo guy says we didn't remove anything since 2002.
Get your facts, he did not and his name is Mattias:

"and we almost never removed anything"

Check the streaming video: 19m17s

boobytrap

16 Jun 2016

Bonkhead wrote:
boobytrap wrote:the tattoo guy says we didn't remove anything since 2002.
Get your facts, he did not and his name is Mattias:

"and we almost never removed anything"
all these years I under estimate the word of ALMOST
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Bonkhead

16 Jun 2016

boobytrap wrote:all these years I under estimate the word of ALMOST
If you loose 1% of all patches in the factory soundbank due to line6 amps removal, and still being dramatic about it like that, neglecting all the other posts which pointed out the solutions I think you're kinda being a :roll: but hey, it is just my oppinion. You can ignore it.

If you are able to see the big picture and refrain from reacting like a younger person, these kind of comments aren't even neccesary.

boobytrap

16 Jun 2016

Bonkhead wrote:
boobytrap wrote:all these years I under estimate the word of ALMOST
If you loose 1% of all patches in the factory soundbank due to line6 amps removal, and still being dramatic about it like that, neglecting all the other posts which pointed out the solutions I think you're kinda being a :roll: but hey, it is just my oppinion. You can ignore it.

If you are able to see the big picture and refrain from reacting like a younger person, these kind of comments aren't even neccesary.
I just ignore ALMOST everything !

gak

17 Jun 2016

Let's be realistic w/o the hyperbole for a moment. Many many many many many MANY happy reason users posted their most important wish-list type stuff.........the vast majority was ignored completely.

I'm not going to stop using reason, but it's really frustrating. Still a really stable, good host with plenty to do. But it's a shame they just bypassed the workflow needs. AND I don't think they are shooting for the cash/new users either. Plenty of other options.

boobytrap

17 Jun 2016

gak wrote:Let's be realistic w/o the hyperbole for a moment. Many many many many many MANY happy reason users posted their most important wish-list type stuff.........the vast majority was ignored completely.

I'm not going to stop using reason, but it's really frustrating. Still a really stable, good host with plenty to do. But it's a shame they just bypassed the workflow needs. AND I don't think they are shooting for the cash/new users either. Plenty of other options.
Exactly ! they did really huge difference in R6. but R 7-8-9
R7 - audio auto slice. para channel, spectrum EQ
R8 - new Windows, Drag n Drop
R9 - 3 Players( elementary level) pitch edit, bounce audio
plus new patches...

all these cost over 300$.

these things are common things that already in most of others DAW's at that time. 4 years ago

buddard
RE Developer

17 Jun 2016

boobytrap wrote: Exactly ! they did really huge difference in R6. but R 7-8-9
plus new patches...

these things are common things that already in most of others DAW's at that time. 4 years ago
I think you missed a few changes (in bold)...

Reason 7:
  • Audio slice
  • Parallel channels
  • Spectrum EQ
  • Mixer sub groups
  • MIDI out
  • Audiomatic
  • Synchronous (for a limited time after the 7.1 upgrade)
  • Support for SDK2, REs with custom displays
Reason 8:
  • New design
  • Drag and drop
  • New browser
  • Softube amps (although they're eventually replacing Line 6)
  • Convolution mode for RV7000
  • Change MIDI focus in the rack
  • New built-in update system
  • Full Remote support for Redrum
  • Drop to Propellerhead
Reason 9:
  • 3 Player devices
  • Pitch edit
  • Bounce in place
  • 1000 new patches
  • Audio to MIDI
  • Notes to track for all sequencer REs (using the Players)
  • Reverse MIDI clips
  • New visual themes
  • Pulsar (for those that don't already have it)

Chizmata

17 Jun 2016

buddard wrote:
plus new patches...

Reason 7:
  • Audio slice
  • Parallel channels
  • Spectrum EQ
  • Mixer sub groups
  • MIDI out
  • Audiomatic
Reason 8:
  • New design
  • Drag and drop
  • New browser
  • Drop to Propellerhead
Reason 9:
  • 3 Player devices
  • Pitch edit
  • Bounce in place
  • 1000 new patches
  • Audio to MIDI
  • Reverse MIDI clips
  • New visual themes
tbh none of these should have been more than an update. if all of these together would be reason 7 i could understand.

Gaja

17 Jun 2016

And also the question is just how long you guys are willing to wait for an upgrade. If you complain about a thousand features not being added in an upgrade, you'll have to be ready to wait a couple of years for all the features to be implemented. I think you'd agree that developers too need some rest once in a while in order to be productive.
Actually as an owner of the Record Reason Duo, I must say the change to R6 wasn't big at all. All they added was was the Echo, Alligator and pulverizer.
No workflow improvement, other than only needing to have one application installed.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

boobytrap

17 Jun 2016

buddard wrote:
plus new patches...

Reason 7:
  • Audio slice
  • Parallel channels
  • Spectrum EQ
  • Mixer sub groups
  • MIDI out
  • Audiomatic
Reason 8:
  • New design
  • Drag and drop
  • New browser
  • Drop to Propellerhead
Reason 9:
  • 3 Player devices
  • Pitch edit
  • Bounce in place
  • 1000 new patches
  • Audio to MIDI
  • Reverse MIDI clips
  • New visual themes
Pulsar, Audiomatic, Synchronous & softube amps already available in shop for everyone. if you get that as a upgrade, you are wrong ! that's like kind of offer.
Parallel channels, Spectrum EQ, Mixer sub groups, MIDI out, New browser, Bounce in place, Notes to track these are very basics in EVERY DAW since years. unless they're miracles in REASON.
reason really wand fully enhanced audio edit. audio auto slice isn't enough. what if someone buy reason 6 and pay 3 upgrades for above things. it cost over 700$ but still no audio editing, automation curves and many more.

buddard
RE Developer

17 Jun 2016

Chizmata wrote: tbh none of these should have been more than an update. if all of these together would be reason 7 i could understand.
Well, upgrading to Reason 9 costs the same regardless of what version you already have, so if you upgrade directly from Reason 6.5 to Reason 9, you will actually get all these changes as a single update. I prefer to update more often, though.

I think that whenever a new version comes out, users should ask themselves "Will this upgrade improve the way I make music, and are the new features worth 129 $/€ to me?". If the answer is yes: upgrade, if not: wait for the next one.

For example, I didn't immediately upgrade to Reason 8, because 8.0 didn't have anything I felt motivated the upgrade cost, and I wasn't too fond of the new browser (no revert). But when 8.2 came out with the added revert function, the rack MIDI focus etc, I finally decided to take the plunge. (I was also about to release Step Note Recorder, and wanted it to appear in Reason 8 in the presentation video.)

buddard
RE Developer

17 Jun 2016

boobytrap wrote: Pulsar, Audiomatic, Synchronous & softube amps already available in shop for everyone. if you get that as a upgrade, you are wrong ! that's like kind of offer.
Parallel channels, Spectrum EQ, Mixer sub groups, MIDI out, New browser, Bounce in place, Notes to track these are very basics in EVERY DAW since years. unless they're miracles in REASON.
reason really wand fully enhanced audio edit. audio auto slice isn't enough. what if someone buy reason 6 and pay 3 upgrades for above things. it cost over 700$ but still no audio editing, automation curves and many more.
Pulsar, Audiomatic and the Softube amps are included in Reason 9 itself, I think you don't even need to download them from the shop anymore (please correct me if I'm wrong). They're also offered separately in the shop for those who just want the devices but don't want to upgrade Reason. More options for their customers. The point is that these devices were included for free when upgrading Reason (although Synchronous was only free for a limited time, so I agree that we can remove that one from the list), adding value to said upgrades.

Even if a lot of these features already exist in other DAWs, they didn't exist in Reason before, which makes them a significant upgrade for Reason users, probably taking a lot of time and effort to implement, too. (Programmers don't work for free.)

I get that you don't feel it's worth upgrading this time, and I think that's 100% valid (see my Reason 8 experience above). But I wouldn't go so far as to say that Reason hasn't received any significant features at all, just because it hasn't received the exact features that I wanted. They are still a lot of features, and they certainly seem to me valuable to a lot of users. maybe even the majority of users if Propellerhead have done some proper market research (which I'm guessing they have).

boobytrap

17 Jun 2016

buddard wrote:
Pulsar, Audiomatic and the Softube amps are included in Reason 9 itself, I think you don't even need to download them from the shop anymore (please correct me if I'm wrong).

when with R6, they introduce Perviriser, Alligator & The Echo. that's upgrade ! because they are only comes with host. but other can find in shop also. time to time they give many RE's with there upgrades as offers. I remember once they offer korg. recently they offer 370 worth RE with reason 8 upgrade. they aren't new to reason, they already exist. how do they become upgrades. if you have to download or not, they are just RE.

if they add radical RE with R10, some people say - "this is cool, insta buy, this is the best upgrade ever"
this is what people respond to there intro videos since 4 versions. look at the stats of likes and dislikes.
r.jpg
r.jpg (139.51 KiB) Viewed 1622 times

Chizmata

17 Jun 2016

buddard wrote:
Chizmata wrote: tbh none of these should have been more than an update. if all of these together would be reason 7 i could understand.
Well, upgrading to Reason 9 costs the same regardless of what version you already have, so if you upgrade directly from Reason 6.5 to Reason 9, you will actually get all these changes as a single update. I prefer to update more often, though.

I think that whenever a new version comes out, users should ask themselves "Will this upgrade improve the way I make music, and are the new features worth 129 $/€ to me?". If the answer is yes: upgrade, if not: wait for the next one.

For example, I didn't immediately upgrade to Reason 8, because 8.0 didn't have anything I felt motivated the upgrade cost, and I wasn't too fond of the new browser (no revert). But when 8.2 came out with the added revert function, the rack MIDI focus etc, I finally decided to take the plunge. (I was also about to release Step Note Recorder, and wanted it to appear in Reason 8 in the presentation video.)
did that, nothing in reason 9 for me. as said, like adding training wheels to a racing bike. i was already underwhelmed by my last upgrade from reason 4 to 8, while 3 to 4 was pretty awesome and well worth its cost.

Creativemind

29 Aug 2016

Chizmata wrote:
buddard wrote:
plus new patches...

Reason 7:
  • Audio slice
  • Parallel channels
  • Spectrum EQ
  • Mixer sub groups
  • MIDI out
  • Audiomatic
Reason 8:
  • New design
  • Drag and drop
  • New browser
  • Drop to Propellerhead
Reason 9:
  • 3 Player devices
  • Pitch edit
  • Bounce in place
  • 1000 new patches
  • Audio to MIDI
  • Reverse MIDI clips
  • New visual themes
tbh none of these should have been more than an update. if all of these together would be reason 7 i could understand.

Man, how much d'ya expect in 1 update/upgrade?

I agree, we're waiting for features we shouldn't be in 2016 and 8 could've had more. I could name about a 10 features that I'd class as workflow which was 1 of 3 main features of 8:-

Ganged faders on main mixer, synch all windows inc browsers (mute / solo / order / labelling), show / hide transport in the main mixer window and an undo events list to name just 4 but that would be one hell of an update you're expecting there mate lol!

Do other daw's give you that much in one update?

Amazon have a bargain on the upgrade for Reason 9 at the moment at £55 ($72us & $95aus).
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

dioxide

29 Aug 2016

It does feel like the last major update to Reason was v7. But on the other hand some of the workflow additions are invaluable. I use drag and drop loads since it was introduced and although it felt like a nice to have at the time, it is something that I wouldn't want to be without now. This and Redrum Remote update are the only two I really needed since R7. R7 gave me Mixer Groups, Spectrum EQ, MIDI Out and SDK2, all of which get more than occasional use.

I don't really count throwing in Pulsar or Audiomatic into the upgrade. Personally I've almost never used Audiomatic and I already had Pulsar. Pulsar just makes it easier for sound designers to have a standard LFO shipping with Reason and I think it makes a lot of sense to include it. The extra patches are only a marketing tool in my opinion. Presets are there to sell the capabilities of the synths, not something I consider a useful update.

boobytrap

29 Aug 2016

Creativemind wrote:Do other daw's give you that much in one update?

Amazon have a bargain on the upgrade for Reason 9 at the moment at £55 ($72us & $95aus).
that is shame they drop the price within two months.

now reason is way behind like this
e.jpg
e.jpg (24.67 KiB) Viewed 1549 times
as you ask, if they want to gain in music industry, they must need to give us one hell of an update. because there is LOT"S OF MISSING things. That missing things coming from V6. I'm pretty damn sure that upgrade is never happens. even if it's happen, they'll make an intro video about 90 min Drama. like a Movie. that's the painful part.

SO 3 is a one hell of an update compared with SO2. see how many missing things they covered in one version and 3.1,3.2,3.3.(personally I don't like the clip UI)

FL 12 is a big one hell of an update. and we all see 12.3. I don't wanna talk about it. Also Sonar... they all gain the lead. after there revolutionary upgrades

see all other DAW's how many features added quickly as updates.

the point is that all developers always look users Point of view. and PH not. after I saw R9 I totally give up. I don't ever believe R10 will be one hell of an update. I invest over 1000$ with PH and they don't care about. that's real money and I have a right to talk about this. I cannot go with reason like this slow. now I plan to upgrade my studio with finest Plugins like iZotope, HoFa, Flux, FabFilter ,2C Audio like that. it's cost 800$... i'll do it within this year...with some promos...

normen

29 Aug 2016

boobytrap wrote:I invest over 1000$ with PH and they don't care about. that's real money and I have a right to talk about this.
This is a common misconception. You don't buy a future product or the asses of developers, you buy what is currently on the shelf. If that doesn't suit your purpose you made a mispurchase.

boobytrap

29 Aug 2016

normen wrote:
boobytrap wrote:I invest over 1000$ with PH and they don't care about. that's real money and I have a right to talk about this.
This is a common misconception. You don't buy a future product or the asses of developers, you buy what is currently on the shelf. If that doesn't suit your purpose you made a mispurchase.
Reason took my eye when it's V4. that's my first DAW. R Essential 1.5. and I upgrade to R8. Reason is very Killer DAW at that time.(V5-6) befor I bought I think about upgrades. I thought they'll give us all missing and workflow enhancement in 9 or 10. but that's not happen. and that depends on users deferent tastes. there is no misconception. maybe Amazon got misconception with the price. and i'm totally ......totally don't expect any thing from PH now. I'm damn sure they'll give us another players like double note echo or triple ARP or something like that. I'm using reason and RE for audio renders or as Rewire slave.

there is no misconception. and please don't misunderstand me. reason now not fit with my needs in current time line.. and that's my personal matter. I don't try to say against anything and I never let down other users of reason. this just my personal matter. no one has to do nothing with this.

p.s if you don't feel comfortable with you gf. you'll find a new one. that's the nature

Gulale

29 Aug 2016

normen wrote:
I actually see purchasing software related products the same as analog. There is a respect between the manufacturer and end user when its come to analog products. When my UAD Apollo broke they replaced it for me with no extra cash. That I say it is a give and take. It has made me invest more in their platform. I wonder what would happen if I had Balance interface and broke. In my point of view, Boobytrap has the right to get mad. Cause he invested on that platform putting the future in mind. But that didn't happen and I say that it is his miss calculation. To understand a company it doesn't take a lot just look their past update, upgrade and you will see their future and yours as a user. I believe what gives Boobytrap and others the wrong expectation was the "Pay what you want" drama which was created by PH. I have seen it even people mentioning pay what you want as a favour. It was a trap.

PH wanted every user to go to reason 6 thinking Re revenue in mind. For a calculative person it doesn't take a lot to understand what will happen when builtin instruments haven't got upgraded all theses times. Cause, PH wanted Users to be dependant or junky of Res. The more Res buyers the more talk about it. Once people become addicted with this Re purchase they will never leave even if they want too. Cause, they have invested a cash on that platform. So after that, whatever PH provides those users will accept it. No matter how slow they go. They already have invested their cash.

For others who managed to leave the platform leaving the Re in account, they have introduced another trap which is unable to sell the Re.

However, just incase their user base decreases they will use it as a way of attracting former users in order to bring them back "Now You can sell Re". But there is a funny part though, when that day comes Re market already saturated. But these blind users still won't have a clue. And everywhere there will be chatter about it. That is another way of PH business approach. Not what they gave. What they managed to give at the time-being and how they advertised it in that period of time.

From my experience, the way I see it is PH uses one business approach. " It is not what Product or software they provided, It is how they advertised it"

" It is not what the user wants, It is how they advertised it"

You can go and watch their youtube video they will bring like two three feature and they sound like they did revolutionise the music industry.

In my opinion, turning down a user who invested in that platform and telling he shouldn't expect better product in the future is like telling him not to live the now. Cause the sum of "now" is the "future." Jah Bless!

Sit back and relax see the past, the now and you will see the future!
Gulale aka Bereket

craven

29 Aug 2016

I didn't see the Reason 9 offer on Amazon.com etc. just co.uk. Thanks for the heads up!
:ugeek:

• Information