it is here, go look at Props website now !!!!!!!!!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

23 Jan 2015

jfrichards wrote:Ed is on 8.  He tries to do things that all version users can use.
EditEd4TV?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

jfrichards

23 Jan 2015

jfrichards wrote:Ed is on 8.  He tries to do things that all version users can use.
EnochLight wrote: EditEd4TV?
Edwin Hydlide, though he hasn't adjusted yet, as lots of expert R7 users haven't.  Personally, I can't go back to 7, except for collaboration.

zakalwe

23 Jan 2015

hydlide is a champion, I love his vids.

EnochLight

23 Jan 2015

I'm looking forward to his 8.1 series.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

hydlide

23 Jan 2015

EnochLight wrote:I'm looking forward to his 8.1 series.
I have other plans at the moment, so I'll schedule this somewhere for march.

Iapetus 9

23 Jan 2015

EnochLight wrote:I'm looking forward to his 8.1 series.
hydlide wrote: I have other plans at the moment, so I'll schedule this somewhere for march.
Don't sweat it Hyd. Your vids are some of the best on FB and YT. That is...unless you prefer peep's throwing their opinions around about a new guitar RE without even plugging one in...or knowing how to play one in the first place. YT is funny like that.
38L > 51D every time.

InDeLiBLe

24 Jan 2015

Hello everyone. First at all, i think that closing the forums was the right decision. It has become a toxic place. I hope that the new one will be better. Since the introduction of the RE's a lot of things changed, especially for the forum.
Regarding the new website there not much to say. It's marketing. We are living in the "i need an app for everything" world today and the props have adapted. Let's be honest, with closing the forums they kick in the ass all the long time users like us. We have become a problem for them. We have less money than once, we are tired of waiting for new features that other daws have from ages, we don't want to pay for an inconsistent upgrades anymore. The easiest solution is to break with us and to stay focused on the new "social" generation. Maybe software companies want to turn us into morons? Big banners, gigantic icons ( Windows metro, do you really need an enormous mail icon!!!; MacOS, cheesy ios8 integration, app resume, autosave etc..; Props, the fantastic share button in reason 8.1???. We have to go back to using our brains. The props idea it's to make a London based youngster collaborating with a Tokyo youngster. Hey props, why our iphone super smash hit sound like shit, what can i do??? You need to buy Reason and everything will be fine. Just marketing. My only hope is that they will continue to work on Reason, in the meantime i'm not buying RE's anymore and I'll waiting to see what the new Reason version will offer.

craven

24 Jan 2015

ryanharlin wrote: Also, yes I'm on this forum...
hey Ryan! Awesome to have you here! Don't worry, it's very civilized.
I speak for most of us: We like or even love the Propellerhead stuff!

You've read our worries about the current marketing strategy - and since you make the videos, you are involved in that. Someone even argued that the discover thing might have been your idea after all, was it? :)

So much money and time went into Reason (from both your and our side) - so we go through a rough time lately. Reason 8 felt a bit 'unfinished' to some, but once these things are resolved, things hopefully will be much better again. You can never please everyone, right?

I skipped Reason 8 and hope that newer versions will be up my alley again!

Cheers for chiming in! Have a great time at this forum!

And by the way: I'm a huge fan of your work - mainly the humorous product trailers!

Who did the old flash trailers for Reason 2.5, 3, and 4?

Trailer Archive
:ugeek:

Eagleizer

24 Jan 2015

InDeLiBLe wrote:Hello everyone. First at all, i think that closing the forums was the right decision.
Luckily we have this forum :) I think the biggest concern about closing the forum was 
all the posted knowledge that would be lost. 

Cheers :)

Data_Shrine

24 Jan 2015

The new website looks kinda strange, too many colours that don't really fit at all from what we are used to with Reason. Also, the main page shows you a guy that looks kinda numb with his mouth half-open, holding his phone in an awkward way, with shades and high-end headphones and a guitar in a backpack... Dunno what first time visitor would think of it. Not too sure I wanna say what I think of it :P

Btw, i contacted official support, and in the case# email, they still say... " It might also be worth while searching through the user forums, too; perhaps someone else is having the same issue you are...?"  :s0959:

sharpblue

24 Jan 2015

"If I didn't know Propellerhead produced professional desktop music software, I wouldn't know it from the new home page." jiggery pokery

i dont own a smart phone or ipad and have zero intentions of ever purchasing either, dont like props current focus at all tbh

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

24 Jan 2015

craven wrote:hey Ryan!
HEY! I like that many people have carried their avatars and usernames over here. It helps me recognize people. Also, note to self: upload an avatar...
craven wrote:Someone even argued that the discover thing might have been your idea after all, was it? :)
Yeah so that guy thinks I'm a fluffy idiot generally in my life and therefore this fluffy idiotic Discover thing (his opinion) had my fluffy fingerprints all over it. Well despite his view of me and Discover, I WISH it was my idea but it was not. I don't work in the main Stockholm office where the big ideas are hatched. When I'm over there, my big ideas are things like "Hey, I could have a coffee and a banana at 3pm for snack time and THEN I'll do that graphic that Tage needs instead of the other way around." ;)
craven wrote:And by the way: I'm a huge fan of your work - mainly the humorous product trailers!
Thanks! I just talked to Adam Dorn who starred as the infomercial salesman in our Pulsar video. He had gone to a Reason meetup in LA the other night and got recognized like a rock star there! Ha!
craven wrote:Who did the old flash trailers for Reason 2.5, 3, and 4?
They were done by a guy named Fredrik who lives up north in Sweden and still does some graphic and logo work with us. He's very talented.

CharlyCharlzz

07 Feb 2015

Blue is fine , but the RE symboles look more orangish then lemonish on a few pages .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Ninjadog

07 Feb 2015

InDeLiBLe wrote:Let's be honest, with closing the forums they kick in the ass all the long time users like us. We have become a problem for them. We have less money than once, we are tired of waiting for new features that other daws have from ages, we don't want to pay for an inconsistent upgrades anymore. ... The props idea it's to make a London based youngster collaborating with a Tokyo youngster. Hey props, why our iphone super smash hit sound like shit, what can i do??? You need to buy Reason and everything will be fine. Just marketing. My only hope is that they will continue to work on Reason, in the meantime i'm not buying RE's anymore and I'll waiting to see what the new Reason version will offer.
I don't see how we have become a problem for them, maybe because we didn't share the exact same vision for Reason?
I for one an making way more money these days and I would have gladly given the props some of it if the last update wasent such a joke. I also don't buy RE's because of the fact I can not resell them, sure I probably never would resell one but it's the principal, they just seem to disposable to me. Plus we had everything we needed in Reason. RE's while a few might be very useful and impossible to recreate with stock instruments most just exploited peoples gear lust.
As for waiting years and years for basic features; we just accept that that is the speed of Reason, workarounds are nothing new to long time Reason users.
And collaborating? That was very easy to do before RE's were in the picture and I have personally done it with people half way across the world back in the pre Record days. Sharing a stupid loop from Figure hardly counts as collaborating IMO.

dmcghee

31 Aug 2015

Sorry for just getting back. No I am not the dude from the video ad, just a Reason user.

• Information