What would you get with your last reward points

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

what would you get with your reward points.

Poll ended at 13 Sep 2023

Objekt Modeling Synthesizer
76%
BV-X Multimode Vocoder
11%
Chord Sequencer
14%

Total votes: 37
challism

28 Jun 2023

stratatonic wrote:
27 Jun 2023
In contrast, I'm still at 5 Reward points with little incentive to spend anything.
If RS popped in a few "gift" points, I may reach the 25 dollar voucher, and then the odds are way better that I'd spend something more to take advantage of the voucher.
/rant

I'd give CS a 3 out of 10, BLG 6 and Objekt would have been a 5 until I saw the Beardyman vid , as I agree with eusti on the plink plunky nature of Objekt from what I heard online. That sounded pretty good, so a couple more points for that.
I've got 53 or 54 reward points that I'll be able to spend on something in the future. That is basically a bonus device I would have had to otherwise buy. While the reward system does have flaws, I'm not about to complain about have an extra $50 given to me by RS as a bonus for buying other devices that I wanted in the past. I may never get to spend that remaining 3 or 4 points, but I'm not going to complain about it.

About the devices you scored, I'm just curious if you have tried them all? I mean you gave Objekt a score of 5 based on some videos you saw, then gave it 2 more points based on another video. It's kind of like reviewing a movie after watching a preview. Or reviewing a movie based on someone else's review.
eusti wrote:
27 Jun 2023
Wow! Thank you all for expressing your views so clearly! Love it! Looks like an unanimous vote for the BLG so far! Nice! :)
According to Mattias: A tip for getting rid of some of the clangy-ness.. turn off coupling.

After posting on this thread yesterday, I got playing around and experimenting with BLG some more. I came up with something that's pretty cool and I'm going to probably be using it a lot in the future. Using BLG, I got a simple bassline going that I liked OK. Then I opened up a blank Mimic and recorded my bassline to one of Mimic's slots. Then put it in slice mode and put a BLG on top of it. Threw TonicMint AB Tranpose (to easily fine tune or shift the notes up/down by octave or semitone) and Velocity Curve (optional, if you want some ghost notes) under BLG. Sweet bassline!

And once again, I'll point out that amazing audio input on the back of Objekt is the coolest thing in my rack right now. Set the patch to snare or tom and I'm suddenly able to play the snare or tom fills that I've always wanted to play, using only my mic. I can't believe how good it sounds.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

plaamook

29 Jun 2023

I was really hoping I could make use of Object as an effect but it seems to be kind of 2D for me in that regard.
I’ve got 95 points but there’s never anything to use them on. For me.
Like a freaky sampler or fx engine.
Hey ho
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

plaamook

01 Jul 2023

While we’re here…
I’ve got 95 credits. What do I buy to get 5 more?
If it costs less than 25£ then it makes sense as I can then get something like Objekt free. As it is I can only get a 75 credit voucher w 95 credits.

What a system…🙄

Or here.

zoidkirb

01 Jul 2023

plaamook wrote:
01 Jul 2023
While we’re here…
If it costs less than 25£ then it makes sense as I can then get something like Objekt free. As it is I can only get a 75 credit voucher w 95 credits.

What a system…🙄
You get back 5% of wherever you spend, as points.
So if you spend $100 that will net you 5 points.

plaamook

01 Jul 2023

zoidkirb wrote:
01 Jul 2023
plaamook wrote:
01 Jul 2023
While we’re here…

What a system…🙄
Ok thanks.
I had the feeling I was being a bit optimistic! 😂

Or here.

zoidkirb

01 Jul 2023

plaamook wrote:
01 Jul 2023
zoidkirb wrote:
01 Jul 2023

Ok thanks.
I had the feeling I was being a bit optimistic! 😂
Gotta grind those points out!
I think you get bonus points for Reason upgrades, which does make the system more worthwhile.

plaamook

01 Jul 2023

Yeah somethings going on.
I dont buy much these days but I’ve got loads of points.
71 points from ‘Adjustment’. No idea what that is. It’s from nearly 2 yr ago. I never even look at my points.

Or here.

challism

03 Jul 2023

plaamook wrote:
29 Jun 2023
I was really hoping I could make use of Object as an effect but it seems to be kind of 2D for me in that regard.
If I understand Objekt correctly, the voice you hear when Objekt is connected to external audio is Objekt's voice, not the audio input. It's basically using the input audio as a trigger (for the velocity and gate). It's not your input instrument's voice, so it's not an "effect" in that sense. I'd consider the audio input more of a rhythmic trigger, like a Player device that doesn't change notes (and converts all notes to mono instead of cutting/muting them off). It's a great way to use your main instrument (be it your voice, guitar or even audio samples) to trigger the synth to play its voice via your input instrument, so you can play the exact rhythm that's in your head. Think Michael Jackson singing all the different parts of his songs into a tape recorder because he couldn't play any instruments. Note that you can still control Objekt's pitch, you just can't do it with the audio input.

plaamook

03 Jul 2023

challism wrote:
03 Jul 2023
plaamook wrote:
29 Jun 2023
If I understand Objekt correctly, the voice you hear when Objekt is connected to external audio is Objekt's voice, not the audio input. It's basically using the input audio as a trigger (for the velocity and gate).
Yeah. It’s like a resonant vocoder of sorts. A bit like the ‘eerie’ setting on Audiomstic but you can go deeper into it. Which is useful to me for what I do. I build and use a lot of resonators.
If you play w the mixer you can use It like a wet dry knob.
I’m trying to buy it as I said.
For 24£ why not.
But the payment page has folded AFTER it took my reward points. Couldn’t complete the sale. So I’m waiting for support to sort that out.

Or here.

motuscott

03 Jul 2023

Not that I've dug all the way to China or nothin, but this one is deep if you keep digging.
It's opening up to me and that's saying something, having gotten denser as I age. Spend them points. We gots to get this economy movin 'n shit. Think of the children!
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

challism

03 Jul 2023

motuscott wrote:
03 Jul 2023
having gotten denser as I age
"Really? We hadn't noticed," he said sarcastically.

Billy+

19 Aug 2023

ok so it's looking like Objekt is winning this poll, so i would like to know a bit more before i jump onboard with it.

so with that said, I'm very much interested in percussion sounds at the moment and would very much like to know what's available "outside of CMBV2" as I'm still happy to stick with R11.

dvdrtldg

19 Aug 2023

Stoopid question maybe but have you trialled it? I think Objekt is excellent for drums & percussion sounds, but spending half an hour with it yourself will make that clearer than I can

joeyluck

19 Aug 2023

Billy+ wrote:
19 Aug 2023
ok so it's looking like Objekt is winning this poll, so i would like to know a bit more before i jump onboard with it.

so with that said, I'm very much interested in percussion sounds at the moment and would very much like to know what's available "outside of CMBV2" as I'm still happy to stick with R11.
Have you not tried it yet?

Within the presets, there are 535 device patches and 12 combinator patches. Those combinator patches are mostly drum kits and percussion sets and a few brass combis, but you have access to all of the individual patches too that comprise those kits. Anyways, it's mostly device patches in the presets.

For percussion, there are 95 patches in the Percussion folder (metal, misc, skins, wood) and there are 79 patches in the Drums folder (bass drum, cymbals, hi hats, rim shots, snares, toms). This of course isn't counting the "percussive" type sounds like bells, mallets, etc.

Billy+

19 Aug 2023

No i haven't trailed it as i just know what's going to happen - it always does ;)

but thanks for the info.

motuscott

04 Sep 2023

challism wrote:
03 Jul 2023
motuscott wrote:
03 Jul 2023
having gotten denser as I age
"Really? We hadn't noticed," he said sarcastically.
You and me, Bro
In a field of dotted eighth notes, Loser skips to the coda
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

• Information