Interest over time

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
iTrensharo

09 Apr 2023

kitekrazy wrote:
06 Apr 2023
The DAW market is flooded with so many plugins, samples, these days that only newer stuff gets more interest. It's the nature of the beast.
It's also the fact that the DAW Market now has fairly entrenched options that are professional quality products as hobbyist prices - if not outright free.

It's hard to get people interested in subscribing to a DAW or paying $399 when they can get one for $0-199. This means the only products that will tend to trend up are those that has active grass roots user communities that are seeking content about them, or communities that evangelize the product to others well. Otherwise, you just end up with a majority of legacy users who are already familiar with it and don't see a point in going to Google to search it. They'll just come to forums like this and talk about it, instead.

Newer products do get more activity, but that is normal for any and all - even those that end up with fairly niche/tiny user bases.

I think the market is just a bit saturated, right now.

Lastly, the laggard development pace of Reason also hurts it in these graphs, because there isn't really much reason to hit up a search engine. They really don't do much at all that requires you to go out and seek information about it. Other DAWs have more frequent update, and more impactful updates, so people more often have reason to go and search for things like reviews and such.

I can barely find decent tutorial content about Reason on YouTube. If I search for it, I get an endless thread of Sef Nitty, maybe some Kickback Couture, and that's about it. I almost wish I could block those channels to force other content to bubble up. I've stopped trying to seek content out about it because it's impossible to find anything else (without spending inordinate amount of time going through search results).

• Information