Which Reason version are you on?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Which Reason version are you on?

R+
15%
R12 (perpetual)
39%
R11
34%
R10
8%
R9
1%
R8
1%
R7
No votes
R6
No votes
R5
2%
R4
No votes
R3
No votes
R2
No votes
R1
1%

Total votes: 218
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2021

orthodox wrote:
27 Dec 2021
One thing I learned from the poll results is that ReasonTalk should be promoted better among R+ subscribers. We are outnumbered here not because we are few.
Would be interesting to know the accurate percentage of active R+ users.
I know this poll is very limited in its reach. But from what I’ve seen both on youtube and Facebook it hasn’t exactly been percieved well overall. Of course the people who hate it the most will always be the loudest.

dvdrtldg

27 Dec 2021

Mostly 11, as 12 makes my machine too hot (GPU overload). I started a few projects in 12 before deciding to bail, and I still tinker with them a bit before the GPU fan gets too distracting. It's a shame, I was just starting to have serious fun with Mimic. But mostly I'm on 11 for the next few months until I upgrade the laptop

Benedict
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2021

kitekrazy wrote:
27 Dec 2021
Benedict wrote:
26 Dec 2021
I am always on the latest version. This is how I earn my living as well as my personal passion.
Hopefully, fingers crossed, I will be on R13.

:-)
There are people out there making a living on "outdated DAWs".
Don't be a dill. R12 came out a month or so ago therefore is not outdated. Unless you are an eight-year-old, your childish attitude is well out of date.

If you insist on making a fool of yourself, I can't stop you as it is your choice to do. Just don't drag me into it or I will hit back HARD.

:-(
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

kitekrazy

27 Dec 2021

Benedict wrote:
27 Dec 2021
kitekrazy wrote:
27 Dec 2021

Don't be a dill. R12 came out a month or so ago therefore is not outdated. Unless you are an eight-year-old, your childish attitude is well out of date.

If you insist on making a fool of yourself, I can't stop you as it is your choice to do. Just don't drag me into it or I will hit back HARD.

Woa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's not the way I meant. You said you hope to be on R13. There are users that don't upgrade to their current choice of DAW to the latest and greatest and still make their money. I would imagine those are Pro Tool users and Mac users who would have to do some hardware upgrades. BTW Reason came out Sept1.

Stamatz

27 Dec 2021

I have R10 installed as I didn't want to lose the Rebirth Input machine.
I have R11 installed as it justs looks better than R12, referring to the Rack, not the Hi-Res Graphics.
I have R12 for all the cool new features and a Rack I just can't get used to visually.
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT,

Benedict
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2021

kitekrazy wrote:
27 Dec 2021
Benedict wrote:
27 Dec 2021

Woa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's not the way I meant. You said you hope to be on R13. There are users that don't upgrade to their current choice of DAW to the latest and greatest and still make their money. I would imagine those are Pro Tool users and Mac users who would have to do some hardware upgrades. BTW Reason came out Sept1.
Ok I get that you meant things that you did not say. So, sorry for offense.
Yes, technically one could earn a living using Cubase 1 on an Atari 520 (or Audacity!) but that seems kinda irrelevant to the discussion. Not to mention questionable practice. What happens if someone sends a file over with a Mimic patch? How serious does one look about their craft then?

People please, we can't know what is in your head if you do not share enough for others to get the context.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

kitekrazy

28 Dec 2021

Benedict wrote:
27 Dec 2021
kitekrazy wrote:
27 Dec 2021

Ok I get that you meant things that you did not say. So, sorry for offense.
Yes, technically one could earn a living using Cubase 1 on an Atari 520 (or Audacity!) but that seems kinda irrelevant to the discussion. Not to mention questionable practice. What happens if someone sends a file over with a Mimic patch? How serious does one look about their craft then?

People please, we can't know what is in your head if you do not share enough for others to get the context.

Maybe you should edit your post as an apology or ask the mods to remove them. Take a hard look at what you wrote. You made a threat. I've never encountered that kind of hostility and wouldn't recommend this forum to anyone. It's software. There is no need to be that emotional. Hopefully you can see the hypocrisy in what you wrote. I'm often guilty and will edit my posts. Sometimes I catch them before I post.

Benedict
Competition Winner

28 Dec 2021

I think I return to my first position then. Apology withdrawn seeing it was clearly never wanted - therefore not necessary now or then. I note you never apologized at all but now demand that I lick your boots.

There was no threat given, merely letting everyone know that if they insist on dragging me into whatever silly game they want to play, I will not take it easy on them. The same goes for anyone doing that so don't take it personally. Start a fight, get hit, You still started the fight so cannot raise any moral argument to say you never shoulda gotten hit. That is duplicitous.

If you don't like me or this outcome don't drag me/people into your things. Easy solution for everyone. I will leave this here if you can do the same.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

EnochLight

28 Dec 2021

OK, gentlemen - calm down. No reason to go that route. It's all good. :thumbup: :-) Mod note: keep it civil, please.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Aosta

28 Dec 2021

My version goes to 11

Tend the flame

selig
RE Developer

28 Dec 2021

kitekrazy wrote:
27 Dec 2021
Benedict wrote:
26 Dec 2021
I am always on the latest version. This is how I earn my living as well as my personal passion.

Beyond that, many working pros I know stay a version (or two) behind the curve with all software, at least with their primary work machine. I waited to finish a big project before just recently moving to R12 - if nothing else, I've learned not to update in the middle of a big project!!!
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

28 Dec 2021

Not pointing this out for the sake of any argument, but just to clear things up...
  • Reason 12.0 "early access" for Reason+ users was released nearly 6 months ago on July 9.
  • Reason 12.1 introduced Mimic to Reason+ users on August 10.
  • Reason 12.2 was released to the public for sale about 4 months ago on September 1.
Technically Reason 12 has been out for about 6 months, but to the general public (non-Reason+ users) it has been out about 4 months.

arnigretar

28 Dec 2021

Happy R+ user :reason: Subscription model is great (don't kill me). Been here since 1.0 and last bought Reason 11 Suite.
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Billy+

28 Dec 2021

arnigretar wrote:
28 Dec 2021
Happy R+ user :reason: Subscription model is great (don't kill me). Been here since 1.0 and last bought Reason 11 Suite.
First off :lol:
don't kill me
Anyway as a suite owner did you then buy the remaining devices throughout the year?
Are you a hobbyist/aspiring musician or professional user?

I only ask as I'm truly interested in what got you subscribing, I took advantage of the low price 3 month deal when it was introduced but given that the only thing I didn't own was R12 I went back to R11
  • because of the issues with R12
  • the timeframe for the roadmap
  • and the cost to rent (without a deal)
Don't get me wrong £20 a month isn't even beer money but I just couldn't see the value personally, what got you onboard?

demt

28 Dec 2021

dakta wrote:
27 Dec 2021

However given how much I've enjoyed using R12 vs 5 I'm actually tempted to go perpetual as there is something about renting software that doesn't give me the 'this is me and here are my tools' ownership feel. It feels like I've borrowed it.
I used to feel like that until I automatically became the proud owner of the latest addition of new synths, players etc, immediately on their release, very gratifying!
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

arnigretar

28 Dec 2021

Billy+ wrote:
28 Dec 2021
Don't get me wrong £20 a month isn't even beer money but I just couldn't see the value personally, what got you onboard?
I said don't kill me! LOL :D but answering your question I am professional and I don't see it as a bad way of paying 20$ a month to a program I use every day. I see the value personally :-) but that's just me!
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

dakta

28 Dec 2021

demt wrote:
28 Dec 2021
dakta wrote:
27 Dec 2021

However given how much I've enjoyed using R12 vs 5 I'm actually tempted to go perpetual as there is something about renting software that doesn't give me the 'this is me and here are my tools' ownership feel. It feels like I've borrowed it.
I used to feel like that until I automatically became the proud owner of the latest addition of new synths, players etc, immediately on their release, very gratifying!
Your username really looks familiar, I'm going to bet you used to be on reasonstation?

motuscott

28 Dec 2021

Old tyme wonky ownerz of ReasonsPast Ignite!
the Future don't give a shit about how you shot yerself in the foot

prolly several drinks over the line
Like me on FaceBork
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

kitekrazy

30 Dec 2021

selig wrote:
28 Dec 2021
kitekrazy wrote:
27 Dec 2021

Beyond that, many working pros I know stay a version (or two) behind the curve with all software, at least with their primary work machine. I waited to finish a big project before just recently moving to R12 - if nothing else, I've learned not to update in the middle of a big project!!!
I came across a person who was still using Sonar 2 when Sonar 7 was out. His excuse was he was too busy making money. There people who are still using those cheese grater Macs for virtual instruments. There are some who don't upgrade because of GUI changes.

mbfrancis

30 Dec 2021

arnigretar wrote:
28 Dec 2021
This is where I am -- I have faithfully upgraded quickly to every new version for the last 10 years -- I now have R11 Suite but I don't see the logic in upgrading to R12 vs. moving to R+ if all I get is the better combinator and Mimic. Plus the CPU hit on a 4yr old laptop. I don't need more devices right now, I need to finish music with what I have lol.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Social Exodus

01 Jan 2022

I'm getting R+ for $1 for 3 months. But I'm pretty meh about it since all I'm getting is Algoritm and Friktion beyondwhat I already own.

Honestly, as much as I love Reason's rack metaphor, I'm currently transitioning to Reaper and/or Cakewalk (SONAR) and will likely only use RPP most of the time. I feel like I've financed Reason Studios comedy of errors long enough and besides, my older computer doesn't even have a separate GPU lol
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

moneykube

01 Jan 2022

Aosta wrote:
28 Dec 2021
My version goes to 11

:lol:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

stratatonic

01 Jan 2022

Aosta wrote:
28 Dec 2021
My version goes to 11

ha ha nice. :)

My version currently is 11 too - even though I have R12. :( Maybe sometime next year I can use 12 with no issues.

Hazel

05 Jan 2022

Like what was said earlier, I don't really necessarily want the new version until I'm ready for it and there isn't bugs anymore. I heard some reviews and some problems some people had with the new version, and so I put it off. Later, that plus a price increase on upgrading sort of made my decision to hold off even longer. I have version 11 suite and seems to work rock solid for what it is, so it's a tough call to switch over to something I'm unsure how it will work in comparison on my machine. What I have works now, so I'd hate to wreck it. A new combinator would be interesting to play with I must say, and the mimic sampler looks like a fun design tool. I was almost sort of expecting an advanced advanced nnxt with better, more thorough automation possibilities (per key perhaps) and maybe elaborate cv possibilities, but we got an entirely new thing. I'm not out of the realm of upgrading, outside of being in difficult financial times right now, and would still be certainly interested in looking forward to where they go with 13 as well. On a side note, I wouldn't do the subscription thing. As it stands, having to be online all the time is a no go for me absolutely, as half the time I'm working I'm not even connected to the internet at all. Even if it were without that, it would still be a hard sell for me. I'd rather own the dang program and not have to worry about if I cannot pay my subscription and have it taken all away because I'm in a tight spot.

Rising Night Wave

05 Jan 2022

Benedict wrote:
26 Dec 2021

nice to hear this
i am also hardly waiting to get v13
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

• Information