Reason 9.5 – VST in Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stevan

28 Apr 2017

Works MIDI-Loop drag'n'drop with VST's too ? Like in Session Drummer from NI for example ...

beatmincer

28 Apr 2017

Yesss! I have kept upgrading my Reason license throughout the years since it first came out. During the last five years or so, I've kept it in hibernation due to the lack of VST support, using it only once in a blue moon.

That will all change now! :-D

Congrats Props and Ernst on finally taking this important step!

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

28 Apr 2017

stevan wrote:Works MIDI-Loop drag'n'drop with VST's too ? Like in Session Drummer from NI for example ...
Yes, you can drag MIDI and Reason imports it as a any MIDI file. EXACTLY how it works, you'll have to wait and see. :)

Gulale

28 Apr 2017

deepndark wrote:My first VST purchase must be a multiband compressor, I quess lots of us will use KVR to get recommendations, but will this forum also have a VST Section opened soonish?
And greetings to the Propellerheads - thank you for your hard work. I'm wishing you a lot of success!
Hey, I just went to Reaper's site to see if their VSTs are available, jeez are they there for free?: http://www.reaper.fm/reaplugs/#tour
Edit: Jess, these are free, I can now have ReaXcomp in a Reason!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :D :D
when you consider multi band compressor consider leaner phase I'm just saying. I have UAD and that is my choice.
Gulale aka Bereket

shropshirelad

28 Apr 2017

MattiasHG wrote:
shropshirelad wrote:Great news! However, just opened Reason and there's no sign of an update across the top? When will this be available?
May 29th, this is the announcement. We have testing to do so this is as good as possible!
Thanks Mattias, I was too excited to bother reading the information on propellerheads.se. Such wonderful news - to be able to use things like Pianoteq, Kontakt and Scuffham SGear in Reason will be life changing! Know anyone who wants to buy a copy of Logic? :D

deepndark

28 Apr 2017

Gulale wrote:
deepndark wrote:My first VST purchase must be a multiband compressor, I quess lots of us will use KVR to get recommendations, but will this forum also have a VST Section opened soonish?
And greetings to the Propellerheads - thank you for your hard work. I'm wishing you a lot of success!
Hey, I just went to Reaper's site to see if their VSTs are available, jeez are they there for free?: http://www.reaper.fm/reaplugs/#tour
Edit: Jess, these are free, I can now have ReaXcomp in a Reason!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :D :D
when you consider multi band compressor consider leaner phase I'm just saying. I have UAD and that is my choice.
Ok, will see, but I have used Reaper's ReaXcomp before and it sounds great. And as it's free, I'm not sure if I need any others (yet).
Last edited by deepndark on 28 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.

stevan

28 Apr 2017

MattiasHG wrote:
stevan wrote:Works MIDI-Loop drag'n'drop with VST's too ? Like in Session Drummer from NI for example ...
Yes, you can drag MIDI and Reason imports it as a any MIDI file. EXACTLY how it works, you'll have to wait and see. :)

sounds delicious ! takk :)

Loque

28 Apr 2017

April's fool day is over...and i think i am awake...hopefully not kidnapped by aliens....so WTF(!!!!) is going on?
Reason12, Win10

Oquasec

28 Apr 2017

This was the one daw I never quit, so I think they should do it if they can nail it.
Last edited by Oquasec on 28 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Marc Swing

28 Apr 2017

YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!! HALLE F'n LUJA!!!!!!! :D ÄNTLIGEN!!! JAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! JAG TROR ATT JAG DRÖMMER????? :O

deepndark

28 Apr 2017

Loque wrote:April's fool day is over...and i think i am awake...hopefully not kidnapped by aliens....so WTF(!!!!) is going on?
:thumbs_up: :D

Erm, yeah, I think the famous differnt kid also finally got a VST dress.

madmacman

28 Apr 2017

Hell freezes over...

Glad I don't have to use it! Can skip this update

tronam

28 Apr 2017

Wow. I didn't expect this kind of development so soon. Reason has always been one of the most satisfying, creative music environments for me over the past 15 years, but some semblance of Kontakt support was my longest wish. Amazing. Will R9.5's VST implementation support multiple-output plugins?
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Pralijah

28 Apr 2017

Will this be the end of "Reason Sound"-threads in ReasonTalk???
No more "Bring us VST for f--- sake!!"??? comments from the blue?

This is huge for a sustainable environment! :)
Last edited by Pralijah on 28 Feb 2019, edited 2 times in total.
Make music shake again!

stevan

28 Apr 2017

I expecting many crashes with VST's ... :(

Was it not exact the "Reason" why we had no VST implementation ? Is the ultra stable Reason time over ?
Last edited by stevan on 28 Apr 2017, edited 2 times in total.

The_G

28 Apr 2017

Well that's a LOT more comprehensive and exciting than I thought it would be. The modulation routing is very exciting.

Oh, and to all y'all who said it was never going to happen?

IT HAPPENED. :puf_bigsmile:
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

The_G

28 Apr 2017

Assume this is going to be free for R9 owners? Or is that not certain?
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

Oquasec

28 Apr 2017

So many bring vsts to reason without rewire/emi/loopback/ +15 other methods threads out there this would be a good idea.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

footwords

28 Apr 2017

The_G wrote:Assume this is going to be free for R9 owners? Or is that not certain?
It's a free update for Reason 9 owners.

sonicbyte

28 Apr 2017

I'm in shock !!!!!! Amazing news !!!!! What will happen with RE format Mattias ?? Please don't kill it we invest so much on it.

Kenni
Site Admin

28 Apr 2017

The_G wrote:Assume this is going to be free for R9 owners? Or is that not certain?
Coming on May 29th, Reason 9.5 is a free update to Reason 9.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

footwords

28 Apr 2017

I like that it's got all the audio ins and outs.

stephensmattlee

28 Apr 2017

Wow, this all feels a bit surreal. finally Vst support in Reason!
Probably a dumb question but I'm assuming this is only support for the vst format? being on mac I'm guessing AU won't be compatible so I guess I'll have to reinstall a few of my plugins where I'd only installed the AU for them to use in Logic and didn't bother with installing the Vst files.

Amazing news though. Well done propellerheads

Snowpig

28 Apr 2017

Awesome!

... and my Virus Ti will arrive today. Will the "total integration" work within Reason? :-) Great weekend is coming.

deepndark

28 Apr 2017

As this is a free update to me and as some VSTs are also free, there's no costs for me atm. :thumbs_up: :cool:

• Information