PHead shop overhaul!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Raveshaper

31 Oct 2016

One does not simply stroke a beard while holding one's breath. There is a magic involved to attain such an inert state.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

moneykube

31 Oct 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote: What is going to happen to updates??? As some updates did require you to click on the update button but without that visual you could miss out on an update !!! :?
lately I just check for updates under my account... products... click rack extensions .... it tells you there if something is updated
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

NekujaK

01 Nov 2016

moneykube wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote: What is going to happen to updates??? As some updates did require you to click on the update button but without that visual you could miss out on an update !!! :?
lately I just check for updates under my account... products... click rack extensions .... it tells you there if something is updated
That's what I do too, and I thought it was working fine. But the other day, I noticed Elements Splitter incremented the version number to 2.0.0, yet my Download button did not change to Update. Maybe this was an isolated incident, but if it happened once, it could happen again...
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

01 Nov 2016

NekujaK wrote:
moneykube wrote:
That's what I do too, and I thought it was working fine. But the other day, I noticed Elements Splitter incremented the version number to 2.0.0, yet my Download button did not change to Update. Maybe this was an isolated incident, but if it happened once, it could happen again...
Just remember there are 2 types of updates :-

The first one which is just applied to your account i.e. you still have to sync that update (click the sync all button in your accounts)

The 2nd one is where from the shop you have to accept the update (click the update) before syncing\downloading it. <- and it's this one that is raising my eye-browses.

moneykube

01 Nov 2016

aha I see... still some issues to work out then

16BitBear

01 Nov 2016

Right now it is a pita!

If I select Synths and sort by developer but then choose only RE's from the left, it defaults to new arrivals. I have to reselect from the drop down my original choice of by developer. Additionally, if I choose to sort by single line instead of as a grid, it defaults of course to new arrivals, but if I change to developer, it returns me to the grid format. Quite irritating, and I hope they work out some of these kinks.

stratatonic

01 Nov 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote: Image
lol :)

JiggeryPokery wrote: it's probably just devs and beta testers voting! ;)
And how did YOU vote for Tonewheels? :)

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

01 Nov 2016

stratatonic wrote:

With my conscience :lol:

joeyluck

01 Nov 2016

So many of the links in the menu such as 'Dynamics' still lead to empty pages.
A-List Pop Chords is the only instrument listed under 'Guitar and Bass' etc.
Things are mis-categorized, like Euphonic Strings under 'Piano and Keys'

Lots to iron out...

Is this dependent on shop page updates by the developers themselves?

Creativemind

01 Nov 2016

I still don't see 'Players' anywhere under effects?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

joeyluck

01 Nov 2016

Creativemind wrote:I still don't see 'Players' anywhere under effects?
It was there, but now it's gone

TheGuyNotNamedBob

01 Nov 2016

joeyluck wrote:
Creativemind wrote:I still don't see 'Players' anywhere under effects?
It was there, but now it's gone
They must have read the post and taken it down, as not to have too many people excited for SDK3

Creativemind

01 Nov 2016

Joey...are you a magician? lol!

Had a feeling that might've happened.

Wouldn't be for SDK III...but for new Player Re's. Whether you mean they'd need an SDK III to do it. If so...bring on the GUI enhancements and Sample loading haha!

D'ya reckon we might see a 9.2 before the end of the year and an SDK III then? an even bigger bonus...a free new player device as part of the new 9.2 version perhaps?

I haven't got 9 yet, as long as there was a few workflow enhancements to go with the new SDK and a 9.2 version I might upgrade then if that happened.

Staarchylld

01 Nov 2016

I'm not a fan of the new layout. It feels much harder to get to where I want to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creativemind

01 Nov 2016

I was initially "yeah man" but have a mixed opinion atm and can't make me mind up. Seems a bit cluttered and not as straight forward as I first presumed but then I might like it in a week or 2. That's what happened with the new transport when it was introduced in Reason 8 :-)

jonheal

01 Nov 2016

It's a better on the phone, at least. I was going blind there trying to browse the old shop while I waited in the bus line.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

joeyluck

02 Nov 2016

joeyluck wrote:So many of the links in the menu such as 'Dynamics' still lead to empty pages.
A-List Pop Chords is the only instrument listed under 'Guitar and Bass' etc.
Things are mis-categorized, like Euphonic Strings under 'Piano and Keys'

Lots to iron out...

Is this dependent on shop page updates by the developers themselves?

I see part of the issue now...

Some of what is in the main menu is not in the left sidebar navigation when browsing.

For example there is nothing under 'Dynamics' from the main menu ("no results found"), but there is plenty under 'Compression and Limiting' in the left-side navigation (which is not in the main menu). This explains why there is no results found for 'pitch' effects from the main menu, as that is missing from the sidebar navigation. So maybe these tags aren't implemented and the main menu is being overlooked?

Should maybe just remove sub-categories from the main menu until it is sorted... Feels really clunky and broken.
I'd be fine leaving out the sub-categories in the main menu and just navigating to Instruments or Effects and browsing sub-categories there from the sidebar :puf_smile:

moneykube

02 Nov 2016

after looking at it.... kind of like the layout... but seems harder to get around.... what is weird... if you look at page without logging in you see free racks.... if you look at it logged in you don't see the free racks just downloads(downloads I have ?.... or downloads that are new?... should be some indicator of new free racks.... also I think if a rack is added to your products it should tell you what is new to download but really doesn't... for example looked through racks in products twice before I noticed that the cakewalk re was there... expected some sort of "hey" this is here to download and you have not done it yet"... as parsec says there is a paid upgrade available... some sort of similar thing should be added for new racks added to your account... if you have a lot of racks , it's easy to miss one added because there is no indication one has been added... found it because others mentioned it was there... happy shop is updated but more work needed IMO

stratatonic

03 Nov 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:
stratatonic wrote:

With my conscience :lol:
heh...excellent... :cool:

jam-s

04 Nov 2016

Is it just me or did the update break the purchase history of the Rack Extensions you bought? Right now I can only see past orders from way back before RE were introduced.

stp2015

04 Nov 2016

selig wrote:
Shokstar wrote:the hard thing on the new shop look is that you can see now how many people´s has rated.
But you can no longer see the rating expressed as a numeric, e.g. it's now "5 stars" but not a rating of "4.8".
In other words, the rating resolution is diminished by a factor of ten… :(
I dont understand why they did that. 90% of all REs are now rated 4 or 5. So i can no longer learn anything from them...

joeyluck

04 Nov 2016

stp2015 wrote:
selig wrote:
Shokstar wrote:the hard thing on the new shop look is that you can see now how many people´s has rated.
But you can no longer see the rating expressed as a numeric, e.g. it's now "5 stars" but not a rating of "4.8".
In other words, the rating resolution is diminished by a factor of ten… :(
I dont understand why they did that. 90% of all REs are now rated 4 or 5. So i can no longer learn anything from them...
Or at the very least update the star graphics to display half stars (with some rounding)

stp2015

04 Nov 2016

That would be better than nothing, but it would still not provide the full information. They know the exact rating, so they might as well disclose it.

joeyluck

04 Nov 2016

stp2015 wrote:That would be better than nothing, but it would still not provide the full information. They know the exact rating, so they might as well disclose it.
Yup and we would still need the individual numbers per rating to have all the information (the number of each star).

And reviews! I think reviews are helpful when tied to ratings. I can see how much thought went into a 1 star rating. I can see if someone rated 1 star purely based on price. I can learn things from the more thoughtful reviews that help me realize things I didn't know the plugin could do...which encourages me to try or buy, etc. Don't be scared of reviews!

• Information