Reason 13 has arrived: Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deigm

20 Jun 2024

RobBarnett wrote:
19 Jun 2024
THIS, please listen Reason Studios. Your current “strategy” is driving folks towards your competitors products
Disagree, I almost never use Netflix.

mimidancer

20 Jun 2024

deigm wrote:
20 Jun 2024
RobBarnett wrote:
19 Jun 2024
THIS, please listen Reason Studios. Your current “strategy” is driving folks towards your competitors products
funny stuff. I do not think they are driving people away. The people who complain the most are already using other software. Yet they still hang out here. Why, because Reson is awesome even if the tracks don't fold.

motuscott

21 Jun 2024

Is this the first time AU pluggins allowed? I had some killer AUs back in the day, prolly lost all connects, serial#s etc
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

exxx

21 Jun 2024

They didn't pick or find a VST on YouTube that explains browser tag functionality.

I was looking for a tool inside Reason within the tag.

I looked very carefully to see that the VST was not tagged.

WolfZeit

21 Jun 2024

F3 stops F5/F6/F7 working. If I click F3 to briefly hide the devices panel, then click it again to bring it back, the devices search box automatically highlights, and that stops F5/F6/F7 from working, and I need to click outside the search box to get those other F buttons working again. (F9 is immune from this) I'm pretty sure R12 is not like that (but can't check it right now due to the current 12/13 bug), is this a bug or a R13 change? Thanks.

Heater

21 Jun 2024

£200 for an upgrade. It’s a hard pass for me.

Loque

21 Jun 2024

Heater wrote:
21 Jun 2024
168€ on jrrshop. What is it in pounds? 145?
Reason12, Win10

_andreypetr_

21 Jun 2024

Loque wrote:
21 Jun 2024
Heater wrote:
21 Jun 2024
Jrr is Paypal only, right?

PhillipOrdonez

21 Jun 2024

WolfZeit wrote:
21 Jun 2024
F3 stops F5/F6/F7 working. If I click F3 to briefly hide the devices panel, then click it again to bring it back, the devices search box automatically highlights, and that stops F5/F6/F7 from working, and I need to click outside the search box to get those other F buttons working again. (F9 is immune from this) I'm pretty sure R12 is not like that (but can't check it right now due to the current 12/13 bug), is this a bug or a R13 change? Thanks.
Why do you want to have the device panel visible when you aren't looking to create a new device? I would keep it hidden if not in use, out of the way! 😂

When you apply that logic, it makes sense that that browser has keyboard focus because the program thinks you want to search for a device. Why else would you have had opened it with F3 if it wasn't to create a device? Right?

That is to say, i don't think that's a bug. It's expected behavior. Your behavior, however? I am curious as for your reason to keeping it open instead of always closed?

Loque

21 Jun 2024

_andreypetr_ wrote:
21 Jun 2024
Loque wrote:
21 Jun 2024

Jrr is Paypal only, right?
No, also credit card.
Reason12, Win10

deigm

21 Jun 2024

mimidancer wrote:
20 Jun 2024
deigm wrote:
20 Jun 2024

funny stuff. I do not think they are driving people away. The people who complain the most are already using other software. Yet they still hang out here. Why, because Reson is awesome even if the tracks don't fold.
Yeah I was trying to be funny but I agree with you. Reason is freaking awesome and just keeps getting better.

WolfZeit

21 Jun 2024

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
21 Jun 2024
WolfZeit wrote:
21 Jun 2024
Why do you want to have the device panel visible when you aren't looking to create a new device? I would keep it hidden if not in use, out of the way! 😂

When you apply that logic, it makes sense that that browser has keyboard focus because the program thinks you want to search for a device. Why else would you have had opened it with F3 if it wasn't to create a device? Right?

That is to say, i don't think that's a bug. It's expected behavior. Your behavior, however? I am curious as for your reason to keeping it open instead of always closed?
I like to have the devices panel open and available always (unless I need to temporarily increase screen size for the sequencer, in which case I hit F3, do what I need to, then hit F3 again and continue on). That's simply how I like to work. Am I using Reason incorrectly? In Reason 12 this wasn't a problem. Opening the panel with F3 didn't grab the focus and go to a cursor. They have changed F3 behaviour in 13. Now, after clicking F3, even 'stop track' buttons like Space and Numeral Zero don't work anymore because they are read as entries in the search box of the device panel. I'm trying to find out if this change from 12 to 13 is a bug or a permanent new way of F3 working.

devil71

21 Jun 2024

Loque wrote:
21 Jun 2024
Heater wrote:
21 Jun 2024
£137.58.

I paid £125 for the last one, so not too bad I suppose.

I'd never have paid £199 for it on principle.
Ridiculous.
I haven't used it that much yet, but the new browser alone is doing it for me.
I'm finding it much easier to use.

PhillipOrdonez

21 Jun 2024

WolfZeit wrote:
21 Jun 2024
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
21 Jun 2024

I like to have the devices panel open and available always (unless I need to temporarily increase screen size for the sequencer, in which case I hit F3, do what I need to, then hit F3 again and continue on). That's simply how I like to work. Am I using Reason incorrectly? In Reason 12 this wasn't a problem. Opening the panel with F3 didn't grab the focus and go to a cursor. They have changed F3 behaviour in 13. Now, after clicking F3, even 'stop track' buttons like Space and Numeral Zero don't work anymore because they are read as entries in the search box of the device panel. I'm trying to find out if this change from 12 to 13 is a bug or a permanent new way of F3 working.
I already explained to you that this is a permanent new way of the device browser and that's what makes it good. You call it up, type the name of the device and hit enter and the device is created. Then you CAN keep it open if you like having less screen space available 🤷‍♂️👍

WolfZeit

21 Jun 2024

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
21 Jun 2024
WolfZeit wrote:
21 Jun 2024

I already explained to you that this is a permanent new way of the device browser and that's what makes it good. You call it up, type the name of the device and hit enter and the device is created. Then you CAN keep it open if you like having less screen space available 🤷‍♂️👍
It's good for you, that's great.👍🏻 It's not good for me. We don't all work the same way.

Spryx

21 Jun 2024

Perhaps, but its odd.. I've downloaded it 4 separate times (3x web on different days, and once via torrent). Same result each time.
Tried unarchiver and betterzip.. neither seem to like that archive.
avasopht wrote:
19 Jun 2024
Spryx wrote:
19 Jun 2024
christ... can anyone actually install this on mac?
Xnip2024-06-19_18-02-50.jpg
It was fine for me (on MacOS). Mabye your download was not complete.

Maybe the server is overloaded??
latest:

selig
RE Developer

21 Jun 2024

WolfZeit wrote:
21 Jun 2024
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
21 Jun 2024

You could always submit a bug report/feature suggestion. For example, there already is Shift/Command/F for “Find Devices”, which technically is the command that should allow you to start typing, leaving F3 to simply SHOW the device list without grabbing keyboard focus (if they chose to do so).

I would guess more folks work the opposite way, hiding stuff for maximum screen real estate until it is needed. For example, I personally never even noticed this current behavior during testing because if I show the browser window it’s because I want to browse. I typically just double click or drag a device after showing the window, so never noticed the keyboard grabbing behavior.

Your current options are to program a macro for F3 followed by Return (I’ll use my Stream Deck for this), or you can reprogram your muscle memory to add “return” after showing the browser (F3) and bobs your uncle. Probably not what you want to hear, but considering the options the workaround isn’t a deal breaker. The fact there IS a workaround or two is great - not every feature change has a workaround (looking at you, Browser Favorites…). ;(
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

21 Jun 2024

Faastwalker wrote:
20 Jun 2024
For all intents and purposes, it's basically just an accessibility feature the way it works now :?
That’s how it’s always been explained IIRC. At least at one point they said separate Rack Zoom was on the list, and was always considered to be a separate feature.
Selig Audio, LLC

PhillipOrdonez

21 Jun 2024

selig wrote:
21 Jun 2024
WolfZeit wrote:
21 Jun 2024

You could always submit a bug report/feature suggestion. For example, there already is Shift/Command/F for “Find Devices”, which technically is the command that should allow you to start typing, leaving F3 to simply SHOW the device list without grabbing keyboard focus (if they chose to do so).

I would guess more folks work the opposite way, hiding stuff for maximum screen real estate until it is needed. For example, I personally never even noticed this current behavior during testing because if I show the browser window it’s because I want to browse. I typically just double click or drag a device after showing the window, so never noticed the keyboard grabbing behavior.

Your current options are to program a macro for F3 followed by Return (I’ll use my Stream Deck for this), or you can reprogram your muscle memory to add “return” after showing the browser (F3) and bobs your uncle. Probably not what you want to hear, but considering the options the workaround isn’t a deal breaker. The fact there IS a workaround or two is great - not every feature change has a workaround (looking at you, Browser Favorites…). ;(
Oh there is a workaround for that (favorites) too. Involves the streamdeck or any button macro device / app 👍

Calazzus

21 Jun 2024

Loque wrote:
21 Jun 2024
Heater wrote:
21 Jun 2024
Unless things have changed, I see it there for $199.

joeyluck

21 Jun 2024

Calazzus wrote:
21 Jun 2024
Loque wrote:
21 Jun 2024

Unless things have changed, I see it there for $199.
You have to put it in your cart and apply the coupon code, "group"

When I put it in the cart, it is automatically discounted to $179.10, using the coupon code takes it to $167.16

WolfZeit

21 Jun 2024

selig wrote:
21 Jun 2024
WolfZeit wrote:
21 Jun 2024

Yeah Selig, that would be great if they were to separate what the keyboard command and F3 did, leaving F3 to simply show the device list.
I guess I'm lucky to work on a screen big enough that having the device panel always visible doesn't feel like a problem, but a bonus. It's cool to hover the mouse cursor over the device images, and mouse-wheel up and down the list, wondering what would work best next in a track 🙂
Thanks for the 'F3/Return' tip 👍🏻👍🏻 that seems like the best workaround for me. So many people have complained about the browser favourites thing, I'm sure it won't be long before they fix that. Fingers crossed for you.

kitekrazy

21 Jun 2024

helmutson wrote:
20 Jun 2024
When I read the comments about the R13 upgrade price in Instagram for example, it seems everybody is really happy with it ... :clap: 🤣
I will take this as sarcasm.

kitekrazy

21 Jun 2024

RobBarnett wrote:
19 Jun 2024
chimp_spanner wrote:
18 Jun 2024
I had a little ramble, but nice to get my thoughts into order! I definitely wanna do some 13 tutorials though. There's a lot to love still. These are just my thoughts!

Most people don't really switch DAWs as much as we think. Usually sub only or no longer developed will do that. It's also not unusual for people to have more than one DAW license.

RobBarnett

21 Jun 2024

kitekrazy wrote:
21 Jun 2024
RobBarnett wrote:
19 Jun 2024

Most people don't really switch DAWs as much as we think. Usually sub only or no longer developed will do that. It's also not unusual for people to have more than one DAW license.
Well I purchased Logic Pro BECAUSE of the lack of progress with Reason AND I have been spending less on REs and more on VSTs. chimp_spanner also suggests he is leaning towards Cubase BECAUSE Reason is missing 5 or 6 key features. Adam Fielding also shifted BECAUSE of frustration with missing features or lack of progress.

• Information