Who is buying reason 11 tomorrow

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
superpop

25 Sep 2019

Got it. Suite child of mine...

Social Exodus

25 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Social Exodus wrote:
24 Sep 2019
I will be buying the suite version upgrade personally.

What mystifies me is the folks who have chimed in here "hell no" yet take the time to post that here as opposed to, say, learning a new DAW that suits them better. Now understand, I am strictly a hobbyist, but $129 for a new version is peanuts for the ability to use this in any other DAW, isn't it?
the reason some of us have been upset with the features for Reason 11 is because for a lot of us, there is no DAW that suits us better.

I’ve tried 4 other DAWs since the announcement, and only one even comes close to being as enjoyable (for me, Cakewalk—and even though I’m liking it quite a lot, it’s nowhere near as inspiring to use).

the frustration is because most of the stuff we want in Reason now is really low-hanging-fruit. we love the workflow that’s there, but just adding a sizable chunk of the things we want would take it from being a merely capable DAW, to one that’s a producer’s dream platform.
I can understand that I guess. I've used Sonar Platinum (until Gibson imploded it, the bastards), and I also have Reaper but Reason is the most fun and approachable DAW out there in the end for me as well. I don't use any VSTs in Reason at all, preferring the benefits of Rack Extensions in terms on undo and other built in capabilities. It's become somewhat expensive as I've tried to replicate what SPLAT could do inside of Reason though. Still, this and guitar playing are my understanding enjoyment activities and I can't take it with me lol.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

aeox
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

Got my refund and purchased Suite :D

PhillipOrdonez

25 Sep 2019

Having Slow internet sucks. 😑

electrofux

25 Sep 2019

Not me, now that it is out, VSTRack is not good enough for my needs as it doesnt offer a similar support for my Midi Controllers as Reason does and the standalone versions 2 new devices are just not enough, so it will be the first time i skip.

aeox
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Sep 2019
I think it's their servers... My internet isn't slow but it's taking forever :D

electrofux

25 Sep 2019

aeox wrote:
25 Sep 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Lets hope their servers dont cope with demand. Which would be a good sign. There are probably a shitton of people who owned an early version of Reason who left into VST World and now get a supreme deal with upgrading.
Last edited by electrofux on 25 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

PhillipOrdonez

25 Sep 2019

aeox wrote:
25 Sep 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Sep 2019
😱

Where is the torrent? Haven't they set it up this time?

gdm41

25 Sep 2019

Sold my full license and will buy reason lite. So made 50€ profit and can still use my REs.
Start lending-> http://www.kiva.org

aeox
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

electrofux wrote:
25 Sep 2019
aeox wrote:
25 Sep 2019

Lets hope their servers dont cope with demand. Which would be a good sign. There are probably a shitton of people who owned an early version of Reason who left into VST World and now get a supreme deal with upgrading.
It has always seemed they fluctuate based on demand :P

Data_Shrine

25 Sep 2019

gdm41 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Sold my full license and will buy reason lite. So made 50€ profit and can still use my REs.
Not a bad idea. It may seem weird but with Rewire gone, I won't have use for a full Reason standalone version in the future. I'll consider this. :thumbs_up:

dpcoffin

25 Sep 2019

Ahhhhhhh! Parsec+Shape in Logic (thanks to BlueCat Patchwork, for now)=BLISS:)

Had Reason since ver 1, but abandoned it as a DAW around ver 3. Logic's been home for me now for at least a decade, and much as I've loved the new REs and Players I've tried in the last few years after upgrading to 9, I've simply balked at any need to re-learn Reason as a DAW, after many hopeful but ultimately failed starts.

Now Solved; THANK you, Props (you'll always be that for me!)—AND for the SUITE deal!

Yours faithfully,

dpc

dpcoffin

25 Sep 2019

Now, if you'll only give us MIDI out from the Rack, and an AU MIDI FX plugin along with the promised AU plugin…boppin' in front of this 'puter will be…everything it oughta be.
Last edited by dpcoffin on 25 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Social Exodus

25 Sep 2019

I originally answered yes, I was going to get the Suite but I am reconsidering.

Just because I CAN afford to doesn't mean I ought to do this. When I think about it, I have an older Intel Ivy Bridge I5 4 core 3.4 Mhz computer, circa 2013-14 which I was just able to upgrade to WIndows 10 (gratis because I saved the free upgrade info when it first came out) and I doubled my DDR3 1600Mhz memory to 24GB which makes it run pretty well, considering my total investment has been $55 for the memory. I have Reason 10 with a SLEW (80!) of Rack Extensions and it runs well, does what I want it to do and makes me happy. While I also have Cakewalk by Bandlab (from my SONAR Platinum which was free to me for participating in an extensive user survey over the phone) plus a $60 Reaper license. Would I ever really use the Reason rack as a VST? Likely not in truth. In fact, my future as a hobbyist probably lies with Reaper since I can use all the things I got with SPLAT, like TubeTech Channel strip TSAR Reverb, TH-U from Overloud and rematrix plus Addictive Drums 2 and several drum kits and MIDI starter tracks. In fact, outside of an eventual upgrade to the next (2!) versions of Reaper when they get to V6, I think I am done buying stuff altogether because I obviously have more spare cash than talent and maybe enough is enough until I at least get my first Grammy. Am I right?
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

BananaSkins

25 Sep 2019

You right! Too many toys to play with and learn certainly takes you out of a nice balanced creative mode.
If it ain't broke don't fix it... :thumbs_up:

dvdrtldg

25 Sep 2019

I'm interested in upgrading to Suite because it gives me 10 nice REs I don't currently have (the other devices & workflow improvements that come with 11 don't interest me that much)

But at nearly $400 Australian it's just too expensive. Will wait for the inevitable sale

reggie1979

25 Sep 2019

You wanna know my main thing and why I'm kickin' myself for not being disciplined?

Being able to drag up/down track height. Seems like a silly thing to spend 129 bucks on but it's a really big deal to me.

Curves are nice too.

Social Exodus

25 Sep 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
25 Sep 2019
You right! Too many toys to play with and learn certainly takes you out of a nice balanced creative mode.
If it ain't broke don't fix it... :thumbs_up:
I've reached a point in my life where I probably want to get in the habit of only buying something if it fills a specific need I actually have, not one that I imagine I might have someday. Since I got into music production sometime back, that's how I've approached it - I bought things that I see other people use and that they rave about to a certain extent, and I think "well I'm probably going to need that someday". Synthetic particularly strap for cash this is been okay up until now. but as I said I ain't something just because I want it is not a good enough reason anymore. I want to actually learn this stuff.

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

ltbrunt00

25 Sep 2019

I got home from work and the first thing I did was buy reason 11. Downloading is a tad slow at the moment. I was already using reason with working a full time job 20 to 35hrs a week. Now with the reason plugin I have no excuse not to finish my Bitwig and S1 projects.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

GRB

25 Sep 2019

ltbrunt00 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
I got home from work and the first thing I did was buy reason 11.
Same here, came from work and bought R11 Suite (my first Reason version was 10) :D

I've tried so many DAWs, even before they were called that way. From Soundtracker in AMIGA (back in the 80s), Cakewalk (using MIDI and "audio clips" SAW, Cubase, Fruity Loops and then FL Studio, Reaper and many others but only Reason is the one that I can make music while enjoying the whole process. Not tried Ableton or Studio One nor Bitwig, altough they are clearly good choices too.

IMHO Reason is the best, the only one in that I can actually enjoy while exploring and making music. I've found that its the only program that inspires me to pass the 4 beat loop syndrome.

Of course some other people will prefer other DAWs and now they can use their DAW of choice and Reason 11 as a VST3.

Anyway, I know that curves in automation and crosfades, changing the height of a track, see what note/key is being played in the piano roll, shortcuts to go up/down an octave are very basic things that should have been implemented ages ago. But again, the lack of those capabilities didn't stopped me from making music.

I take the word of Mattias "Does this news mean we’re abandoning Reason as a standalone music production software? Of course not!"

Time will tell... in the meantime let's make music! :)
R12 12.2d36 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

Luxuria

25 Sep 2019

GRB wrote:
25 Sep 2019

I take the word of Mattias "Does this news mean we’re abandoning Reason as a standalone music production software? Of course not!"
The problem I have with that statement was that they never really gave the standalone DAW software the full support we expect in comparison to other DAW companies. Them saying they aren't abandoning it, to me, means they will continue to half-ass the workflow features and continue on the same path they've been on for years. I've voiced my opinion countless times to them so that by now I expect them to know: I'm done with 5 workflow improvements every cycle. Get your shit together and show me results. That's the only way you can prove that you are "listening".

BigPictureSound

25 Sep 2019

gdm41 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
If I may, where did you go to sell it?

gdm41

26 Sep 2019

itspeaking wrote:
25 Sep 2019
gdm41 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
If I may, where did you go to sell it?
I sold it on ebay.
Start lending-> http://www.kiva.org

tronam

26 Sep 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Nope, no value in it for me. Would have loved to buy it though, I couldn't wait, but my disappointment levels were on a par to how I felt about the second matrix film.
Looking forward to R12 now 😀
That's pretty close to how I felt about R8.

With R11 it may sound strange considering all the newly released effects and instruments over the years, but I'm most excited about being able to access Subtractor, Malstrom and Thor in Logic. I love those synths and have always found them very comfortable to program.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

VariableX

26 Sep 2019

tronam wrote:
26 Sep 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
24 Sep 2019
Nope, no value in it for me. Would have loved to buy it though, I couldn't wait, but my disappointment levels were on a par to how I felt about the second matrix film.
Looking forward to R12 now 😀
That's pretty close to how I felt about R8.

With R11 it may sound strange considering all the newly released effects and instruments over the years, but I'm most excited about being able to access Subtractor, Malstrom and Thor in Logic. I love those synths and have always found them very comfortable to program.
Yep its worth upgrading if you use another Daw that you can now load the rack in!
I only use Reason so the Vst thing dosn't entice me.
I might start creating some songs with only Thor, Mal and Sub because i never use them, after purchasing R10 May madness started (2018) and i instantly got the Synthetic Rig at a really cheap price so I kinda never used the stock Synths, even Grain and Europa hardy ever get used in my Rack, I can basically load up Reason and make it feel like a brand new thing anytime I run it 😀 makes it easier to miss this update and go for R12, unless there are some really good point updates that make me jump on the wagon.

• Information