R13 Browser / Soundfont

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
KIKBAK1

01 Jul 2024

Reached for some soundfont files to throw in a NN-XT while working on a track and noticed they weren't showing up in the browser. Tried right clicking on SF2 files (open with Reason 13) and got a message saying "This file type is not supported" Anyone else having this issue?

Still finding my way around the new browser, everything is different and it takes a while to notice new sounds being added.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the browser, but i put some new one shot drum sounds in a Redrum and they were all looping by themselves.

*M2 Ultra Mac Studio, Ventura 13.5
KIKBAK1.com

KIKBAK1

15 Jul 2024

BUMP
KIKBAK1.com

Paul Calf

03 Aug 2024

BUMP

having the same issue

(my first post!)

jlgrimes

09 Aug 2024

Paul Calf wrote:
03 Aug 2024
BUMP

having the same issue

(my first post!)
My guess is that they quietly got rid of that feature.

Reason isn’t alone. Ableton did the same and Kontakt dropped a bunch of their 3rd party support. Reasons soundfont import was decent (not perfect)

Fl Studio seems to be one of the few companies to keep this.

Plogue sforzando still supports sound fonts and it is free.

Don’t understand who at corporate are making decisions to keep/drop certain features.

Pepin

09 Aug 2024

You should submit a bug report. If you're logged in, you can do it at this link:
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

KIKBAK1

27 Aug 2024

I doubt they would "quietly get rid" of a feature like that. I'm assuming its a bug, that slid under the cracks.
KIKBAK1.com

Aquila

27 Aug 2024

I seem to recall a similar issue at one stage of the R12 debacle. It eventually got fixed but it looks like it's happened again?

Daniell332

27 Aug 2024

jlgrimes wrote:
09 Aug 2024
Paul Calf wrote:
03 Aug 2024
BUMP

having the same issue

(my first post!)
My guess is that they quietly got rid of that feature.

Reason isn’t alone. Ableton did the same and Kontakt dropped a bunch of their 3rd party support. Reasons soundfont import was decent (not perfect)

Fl Studio seems to be one of the few companies to keep this.

Plogue sforzando still supports sound fonts and it is free.

Don’t understand who at corporate are making decisions to keep/drop certain features.
I agree, it's frustrating to see useful features disappear without any explanation. Thankfully, there are still some options like FL Studio and Plogue Sforzando for users who need soundfont support. It would be great to have more transparency from developers about these decisions.... :shock:

KIKBAK1

27 Aug 2024

Since the new browser, all kinds of weird stuffs been happening. In a nutshell the new Browser is 'Janky'
KIKBAK1.com

-008'

28 Aug 2024

KIKBAK1 wrote:
27 Aug 2024
I doubt they would "quietly get rid" of a feature like that. I'm assuming its a bug, that slid under the cracks.
KIKBAK ON THE TRACK!!!! Really good to see the old homies around still. I hope you are doing good bro.

About your comment - They quietly got rid of my favorites! Fav's workflow was a huge deal to me, so i wouldn't put anything past them now.
They also nuked "right-click adding fx to mixer sends" among other things...

They were shouting about all the new stuff from the rooftops, but they never once mentioned what was removed.

I still haven't upgraded because of this stuff. First time since version 3 that i didn't upgrade on day 1 of a new release.
"Janky" definitely a good word for whatever going on at HQ over there...
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

KIKBAK1

28 Aug 2024

[/quote]

KIKBAK ON THE TRACK!!!! Really good to see the old homies around still. I hope you are doing good bro.

About your comment - They quietly got rid of my favorites! Fav's workflow was a huge deal to me, so i wouldn't put anything past them now.
They also nuked "right-click adding fx to mixer sends" among other things...
[/quote]

Whats up dubb008!!!! Hope you're doing well.

Yeah I pop in from time to time. Them getting rid of Favs is pretty wack! People spend years building up their Favs!

Hopefully thats not the case with SF2 files. I have a treasure trove of unexplored SoundFonts that id like to explore
KIKBAK1.com

mcatalao
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2024

I noticed that sometime ago and filed a bug.

• Information