Soundcard not showing/available after upgrade to 12 [SOLVED]

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
gojonnygo

25 Sep 2023

I finally was able to upgrade to 12 from 8.
Installed it,logged in when I first ran it,went to prefernces and found my focusrite saffire usb soundcard wasn't there,I have had a look on their site and will try some of the fixes on there.
Has anyone else had these problems when upgrading?
It was fine running 8,though I still cant get my korg ER1 to run in sync with reason and my arturia minibrute and old korg ms2000 do run in sync though.
I was really looking forward to using all the new stuff,I havent got another DAW to run the vst plugins in though,will I still be able to use them?
Thanks for reading.

EnochLight

01 Oct 2023

gojonnygo wrote:
25 Sep 2023
I finally was able to upgrade to 12 from 8.
Installed it,logged in when I first ran it,went to prefernces and found my focusrite saffire usb soundcard wasn't there,I have had a look on their site and will try some of the fixes on there.
Has anyone else had these problems when upgrading?
It was fine running 8,though I still cant get my korg ER1 to run in sync with reason and my arturia minibrute and old korg ms2000 do run in sync though.
I was really looking forward to using all the new stuff,I havent got another DAW to run the vst plugins in though,will I still be able to use them?
Thanks for reading.
Did you re-install the latest drivers for your Focusrite Saffire USB soundcard? That's always a great place to start...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

gojonnygo

01 Oct 2023

Yes,thats what I did,it works fine now thanks.

Loque

01 Oct 2023

gojonnygo wrote:
01 Oct 2023
I can remember that in the past for some reason the sound card was not visible too on my side. After a few restarts it showed up. Never had this issue since a while now...
Reason12, Win10

EnochLight

01 Oct 2023

gojonnygo wrote:
01 Oct 2023
Glad to hear you're up and running! I'll close this thread since it's fixed.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information