[solved] Reason ignoring folders and wav files

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
SoundFactor

26 Jul 2023

Why is Reason ignoring some folders and wav files. Reason should be wav agnostic. Why is this a thing? See attached screenshots.
Attachments
Reason-File2.PNG
Screenshot of Windows Explorer
Reason-File2.PNG (28.05 KiB) Viewed 643 times
Reason-File1.PNG
Screenshot of Reason File Browser
Reason-File1.PNG (105.73 KiB) Viewed 643 times

RandomNoise

26 Jul 2023

You are currently browsing for patches, so its filter those for you. See that rad banner at the top? just clear it by clicking the X on the right and you should see your files.
This is the default when you load a new rack, as it allows you to browse patches for the loaded rack.

SoundFactor

26 Jul 2023

RandomNoise wrote:
26 Jul 2023
You are currently browsing for patches, so its filter those for you. See that rad banner at the top? just clear it by clicking the X on the right and you should see your files.
This is the default when you load a new rack, as it allows you to browse patches for the loaded rack.
Riiiiiight. Silly me. Thanks.

challism

26 Jul 2023

SoundFactor wrote:
26 Jul 2023
RandomNoise wrote:
26 Jul 2023
That same thing has tricked me a time or two.
Marking this one as solved.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DaveyG

26 Jul 2023

challism wrote:
26 Jul 2023
SoundFactor wrote:
26 Jul 2023

I think it has caught most people out at some point. I can see what they are trying to do but it is a bit alarming to browse a folder that you know and see no files in it. You can turn it off somewhere in preferences but it's on by default. I've often thought that the file list box should have a prominent "Show All Files" button because, somehow, that bright orange thing at the top of the browser is really easy to miss.

challism

27 Jul 2023

Another thing that always trips me up is when I have duplicate refills. It won't open a refill if it sees an identical refill (which ever one was recognized by the browser first gets priority and can be opened, additional ones won't open).
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

selig
RE Developer

27 Jul 2023

DaveyG wrote:
26 Jul 2023
challism wrote:
26 Jul 2023

I think it has caught most people out at some point. I can see what they are trying to do but it is a bit alarming to browse a folder that you know and see no files in it. You can turn it off somewhere in preferences but it's on by default. I've often thought that the file list box should have a prominent "Show All Files" button because, somehow, that bright orange thing at the top of the browser is really easy to miss.
I’ve always wondered why they don’t just “grey out” the options that are in the folder but not applicable to the current browser focus. That’s all it would take to know you’re in a ‘focus’ mode (without the freakout over not seeing ANY files at all).
Selig Audio, LLC

deeplink
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2023

This is actually a bug. The Reason browser should still show the subfolders of any directory - no matter what you are browsing.
I think it will be fixed in the next point update.

With regards to the files themselves, I actually prefer not seeing any other file type than the one that I am browsing.
Get more Combinators, Patches and Resources at the deeplink website

• Information