Combinator Confusion

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
graeme75

14 Jul 2023

Hi all

I tried (and miserably failed) to create my own combinator device and map it to my Nektar LX25+ (which has 8 rotaries)

So I created my device and chose combine. By default the 4 rotaries and 4 switches on the combinator 2 are mapped to the rotaries 1-8 on my Nektar. So far so good, however on the combi I wanted to change the switches to rotaries and it to retain the rotary its mapped to on my LX. Is there no way of changing the switches to a rotary without creating a new one? As when I create a new rotary, I have to remote override nut when I reload the combinator the remote mappings are gone.

Basically, all I'm trying to do is create a combi with 8 rotaries instead of 4 rotaries and 4 switches and have them mapped to the 8 rotaries on my controller. I'd like these mappings to be retained so whenever I load this patch all 8 rotaries on controller map straight to the combi

Cheers
Graeme

rmtcvolte

14 Jul 2023

You have to tweak the *.remotemap for your Nektar LX to make it permanent. File location: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7514631

mimidancer

14 Jul 2023

graeme75 wrote:
14 Jul 2023
Hi all

I tried (and miserably failed) to create my own combinator device and map it to my Nektar LX25+ (which has 8 rotaries)

So I created my device and chose combine. By default the 4 rotaries and 4 switches on the combinator 2 are mapped to the rotaries 1-8 on my Nektar. So far so good, however on the combi I wanted to change the switches to rotaries and it to retain the rotary its mapped to on my LX. Is there no way of changing the switches to a rotary without creating a new one? As when I create a new rotary, I have to remote override nut when I reload the combinator the remote mappings are gone.

Basically, all I'm trying to do is create a combi with 8 rotaries instead of 4 rotaries and 4 switches and have them mapped to the 8 rotaries on my controller. I'd like these mappings to be retained so whenever I load this patch all 8 rotaries on controller map straight to the combi

Cheers
Graeme
Delete the switches and add the rotaries. Easy peasy.

graeme75

14 Jul 2023

When I delete the switches and add t(e rotaries and save the patch - you have to manually remote override the 4 rotaries added each time

mimidancer

16 Jul 2023

graeme75 wrote:
14 Jul 2023
When I delete the switches and add t(e rotaries and save the patch - you have to manually remote override the 4 rotaries added each time
Sorry for the delay. After you make the combinator map it to your controller. Once you have done that save it as a template. It will stay mapped that way. That is how I do it. I have my Metropolix and my Beatstep pro mapped out like that. Sorry for the delay in responding.

graeme75

17 Jul 2023

Many thanks

• Information