KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 is not recognized by Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kajito

28 Oct 2022

When running ' auto-detect surfaces' KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 is not recognized by Reason. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue would be appreciated. Firmware 0.4.5 is installed.

earwig83

28 Oct 2022

you can use it as any old controller by just choosing the generic one. It should work automatically though. Not sure about the knobs on the controls though

kajito

28 Oct 2022

Thanks. Yes, any controller will work however not all the buttons are mapped correctly like loop, metro, tempo, play, record, and stop. My guess is I need to map this out manually using the NI controller editor is that right?

moneykube

28 Oct 2022

kajito wrote:
28 Oct 2022
Thanks. Yes, any controller will work however not all the buttons are mapped correctly like loop, metro, tempo, play, record, and stop. My guess is I need to map this out manually using the NI controller editor is that right?
Bought one, it works with Live. I did not spend much time with it, but from memory it appears you are correct... never tried mapping it yet... but some automation seemed to work. Just not all the buttons , as you say > (using reason 11 suite on Mac). I bought it for the software bundled, but I like using a larger controller from Arturia... Arturia Keylab 61 MK 2 is the same, regarding the buttons >> most are indeed mappable > but not all of the functions sadly. It also works fine with Ableton Live.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

earwig83

29 Oct 2022

from what I recall it is not possible with the M32, I did it with maschine mikro mk3, but according to NI, M32 does not work that way

Tweak

02 Nov 2022

The lack of decent midi keyboard and controller support across the top vendors is for me as much of a problem for Reason Studios as the 12+months of bug fixes we've needed to receive. If you don't have widespread hardware support for an application that effectively needs controller hardware to be of genuine use/value, you run the risk of becoming obsolete. Expecting the community to pickup the pieces is a poor strategy too.

kajito

05 Nov 2022

Tweak wrote:
02 Nov 2022
... you run the risk of becoming obsolete.
:lol: Why so serious and gloomy? Oye!!!

Aquila

05 Nov 2022

Tweak wrote:
02 Nov 2022
Expecting the community to pickup the pieces is a poor strategy too.
I've seen the user community come up with some incredible solutions though. What RS needs is an in-app repository of both official and user-made maps and codecs.

But yes, controller support is definitely something RS have dropped the ball on.

• Information