Is Reason Studios falling apart?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
arnigretar

28 Jul 2022

Sorry to ruin the party, but Reason works here and still does the work. Hope you guys find what you are looking for in the software :) But I think Reason as a company is doing great. And I would guess they are probably doing fine and far from falling apart. But I might be wrong...but then again, then I would just use Reason 12. Or Reason 11 Suite, if everything falls apart. But today was good. Hopefully tomorrow will be good as well.
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Overtherainbow

28 Jul 2022

Roses are red and violets are blue.
Reason doesn't have a fullscreen mode in 2022.

Jac459

28 Jul 2022

arnigretar wrote:
28 Jul 2022
Sorry to ruin the party, but Reason works here and still does the work. Hope you guys find what you are looking for in the software :) But I think Reason as a company is doing great. And I would guess they are probably doing fine and far from falling apart. But I might be wrong...but then again, then I would just use Reason 12. Or Reason 11 Suite, if everything falls apart. But today was good. Hopefully tomorrow will be good as well.
Don't know neither if they are falling apart but I do know that they have an awesome product, rightly priced, fun as hell and clearly relevant compare to the competition. I use them as a rack and I think I owe them 75% of my creativity. So long live RS!
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Stamatz

28 Jul 2022

Reason Studios is in no way falling apart, in my opinion. Am I happy with the current state of R12, for the most part. Would I like to see more improvements, absolutely! As far as subscriptions go, it's not for me but from a business standpoint, not offering one in 2022 is leaving money on the table and I think Reason Studios can use all the money the can get/desrve. Do I like where their focus is at the moment, a big no. Wish they would focus more on cleaning up the core product - graphic issues before moving on to something else like a new player or device or VST3 or M1 support. I too would like to see all those things implemented sooner rather than later but in my opinion their main focus should have always been fixing the core product as quickly as possible before moving on to another venture/revenue stream. Yes I heard other groups develop other parts of the software but it should have been all hands on deck after the release to address and fix these issues ASAP and yet here we are almost a year later and we still have things in R12 that should have been addressed day 1 and maybe fixed a month after at the latest preiod. In my opinion, it's inexcusable to not have these issues addressed and corrected this far after release. What I fear the most is these issues will be ignored and pssibly even rolled into R13 but hope I'm totally wrong. It's clearly obvious some users are extremely passionate about Reason, I am too. I'd like to believe we are all here to see Reason improve and I too will give them the benefit of the doubt for one release. If they deliver and fix these issues, roll out the features which were promised long ago the final version of R12 may be something to look forward to. For the time being I'm going enjoy using Reason and what I have and look forward to seeing the final release of R12. We should all know where we stand by then.
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT,

Aquila

29 Jul 2022

Overtherainbow wrote:
28 Jul 2022
that made me giggle

joeyluck

29 Jul 2022

Aquila wrote:
29 Jul 2022
Overtherainbow wrote:
28 Jul 2022
that made me giggle
It does on macOS

Jagwah

29 Jul 2022

jjpscott01

29 Jul 2022

arnigretar wrote:
28 Jul 2022
Yep. Reason is still the most inspiring music software on the planet for me personally. I do like Bitwig, Studio one, and Cubase but as far as writing music goes, I still just seem to get more done inside of Reason. The software at version 12 is extremely powerful, stable, and runs smooth as butter on Windows 10 and 11. I think the company is probably doing just fine and the amount of video content coming out on Youtube has only grown in the last few years. Go on any other DAW forum these days and you'll see these doom speculation threads everywhere.
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 5 | CUBASE 13 | SSL2+ | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

SebAudio

30 Jul 2022

fceramic wrote:
28 Jul 2022
For now the plugin works pretty well and in some cases it's actually more convenient to use than the rack in Reason.
It’s true till the point you want to remote control the devices and then you really miss Remote !

fceramic

30 Jul 2022

SebAudio wrote:
30 Jul 2022
It’s true till the point you want to remote control the devices and then you really miss Remote !
That's actually one of the parts that make it more convenient in Bitwig. How it's done in Bitwig is just genius. You can save presets in Bitwig with their own mapping and you can have 8 pages of 8 controls.

SebAudio

30 Jul 2022

fceramic wrote:
30 Jul 2022
SebAudio wrote:
30 Jul 2022
That's actually one of the parts that make it more convenient in Bitwig. How it's done in Bitwig is just genius. You can save presets in Bitwig with their own mapping and you can have 8 pages of 8 controls.
I know it’s better in Bitwig than in Live but in both cases, what if you change a mapped module (say Thor with Europa) ? You have to remap the controls. With Remote as you know, there’s nothing to do, the mapping changes automatically. It would be great if RRP included a kind of « internal » remote with a consistant exposure of parameters to the DAW

• Information