roland jd-08 and reason 12 midi problem

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jayb61

18 Feb 2022

Hi
just got the jd-08 and hooked it up to reason like my other synths. however when trying to play it through reason from external keyboard (nektar panarama 6) the midi data seems all messed up. I have no problem with other synths(model d, pro 1 and Blofeld) what is strange is if i play it with the step sequencer there is know problem.

Aquila

18 Feb 2022

Try putting the External Midi Device inside a combinator and controlling the combinator instead. Depending on what's causing the MIDI signal to get corrupted it may or may not help but it's worth a shot.

altron

19 Feb 2022

Not sure about the JD-8 but I have the JX-08. I had to target MIDI channel 2 or 3 in the MIDI device specifically to get the sounds. On channel 1 I get absolutely nothing, not even the Jx08 arp working from an external keyboard via DAW.
Trap is where music goes to die.

Noiserunner

19 Feb 2022

I have ordered my JD-08, but it is still on the way (as the Thomann site says, another 10 weeks to go).
To warm up, I read the manual. There is a switch in the system settings, which can be set to "midi" when using an external keyboard.
Maybe this can help.
(Step button 4 in the System/MIDI settings)
https://static.roland.com/manuals/jd-08 ... 12003.html
(MacBook Pro 13", some soft- and hardware)

jayb61

20 Feb 2022

Thanks Alton. switched to channel 2 and works great.

• Information