Has anyone tried Windows 11 with Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
michael.jaye

11 Feb 2022

I have a new PC on Windows 11, and my old PC (2017) I updated to Windows 11. NO problems, sleek OS.

Re8et
Competition Winner

12 Feb 2022

Jagwah wrote:
10 Feb 2022
I haven't tried W11 yet but I hope it forces Candy Crush and other apps and things I can't uninstall, with updates that never stop, a huge Cortana panel far bigger than the Windows 10 one, and more of a general focus on spying on me and less emphasis on customizability or improving itself to suit individual users in order to focus on improving the net worth of Microsoft.

I like to contrast it by imagining if Candy Crush was forced on Windows XP users. We really are on a great track to continue advancing our civilization, things just keep getting better and better.
It forces AMD updates, don't worry, it will find a way to crash your settings one way of another...
Win 10 is not much better, but at least it has finished receiving updates...

https://promptresolve.com/operating-sys ... d-drivers/

Re8et
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2022

Has anybody tried installing legacy IEE 1394 OHCI Firewire Drivers for a PCI-E card in Win 11??
I had it working with the standard Windows Legacy Drivers in WIN 10 but I can't get it to work on 11...

Re8et
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2022

I don't know if the Firewire bus is disabled because of the Win 2 go install through Usb-c anyway...
But in theory Usb shouldn't mess with PCI-E bus... :?

SampleScience

14 Feb 2022

I've been forced to use Windows 11 since it's all there is on new computers now and I needed a new computer. So far so good, I don't have any problems with Reason 12. I hope it'll stay that way. :thumbup:

deigm

15 Feb 2022

Re8et wrote:
14 Feb 2022
Has anybody tried installing legacy IEE 1394 OHCI Firewire Drivers for a PCI-E card in Win 11??
I had it working with the standard Windows Legacy Drivers in WIN 10 but I can't get it to work on 11...
I use a firewire PCIe card on a Windows 11 machine and it works perfectly fine. I can't remember if I needed to download a driver or if it just worked, but it does work. Want me to check what driver I have installed?

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

15 Feb 2022

Re8et wrote:
14 Feb 2022
Yep and works fine. We're using IEE 1394 Legacy with a Powercore X8 and Liquid Mix 32, no problems at all. You might have to get from and follow instructions here...

https://www.startech.com/en-gb/faq/fire ... river-swap

klasson

15 Feb 2022

Been running Windows 11 since late October here, no issues so far.
Had a small nuisance with not being able to play any other sound than from Reason when I started it (even though I had "play in background" checked). But it was probably due to sound settings in windows where I had to uncheck "let applications take full control of this device" for my soundcard (Audient Evo 4).

After fixing that, everything has been working like a charm. Crossing fingers that won't change. :?

Jagwah

17 Feb 2022

Re8et wrote:
12 Feb 2022
It forces AMD updates, don't worry, it will find a way to crash your settings one way of another...
Win 10 is not much better, but at least it has finished receiving updates...

https://promptresolve.com/operating-sys ... d-drivers/
I have a computer in my lounge room, Windows 10 just like my bedroom - but it obsessively updates and reboots itself, I had to put a timed block on it just to stop it for a while before it starts again. These updates have always annoyed me, thanks for the link!

Re8et
Competition Winner

17 Feb 2022

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:
15 Feb 2022
Re8et wrote:
14 Feb 2022
Yep and works fine. We're using IEE 1394 Legacy with a Powercore X8 and Liquid Mix 32, no problems at all. You might have to get from and follow instructions here...

https://www.startech.com/en-gb/faq/fire ... river-swap
I have fixed it in Win 10, only by removing the Portable Win 11 2 Go Usb SCSI Drive, the system frees the PCI-E buses.
Tnx for the info, Win 11 can not sees the Firewire PCI-E card because it's using too many resources (USB 3.0 to PCI-E buses?)
Anyway, the link provide is for Win 10, it is Win 11 which has problems. Win 10 Firewire has always worked for me.
No problems at all.

Re8et
Competition Winner

17 Feb 2022

This is also interesting, I have seen videos of full Win 11 on smartphones, even dual boot Android - Windows 11.
Looks like it is possible that Reason could work on ARM smartphones??
It seems like Loques dreams may come true afterall :)

https://fossbytes.com/windows-11-on-sma ... nd-future/

Re8et
Competition Winner

17 Feb 2022

deigm wrote:
15 Feb 2022
Re8et wrote:
14 Feb 2022
I use a firewire PCIe card on a Windows 11 machine and it works perfectly fine. I can't remember if I needed to download a driver or if it just worked, but it does work. Want me to check what driver I have installed?
The only driver that I know is working is the 1394 Legacy Driver, this snip is from Win 10. If you could check it, yes. ty.
1394.PNG
1394.PNG (12.78 KiB) Viewed 1539 times

deigm

18 Feb 2022

Re8et wrote:
17 Feb 2022
deigm wrote:
15 Feb 2022

The only driver that I know is working is the 1394 Legacy Driver, this snip is from Win 10. If you could check it, yes. ty.

1394.PNG
Same driver?

I'm pretty sure I never downloaded any drivers and this is whatever generic driver windows decided to use.

This is the card I'm using.https://www.umart.com.au/product/generi ... ing%20Else

Everything just works

Re8et
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2022

Silents updates.... it's breaking the Recording software...
I have no solutions... reg keys; renaming the drivers...
Has anyone a solution? On Win 10 I have not this issue.
I can't seem to stop this override behaviour in any way and I'm not alone....

There is this but I don't know if it works, need to try it out.
Go to Run –> regedit
Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE –> SOFTWARE –> Microsoft –> Windows –> CurrentVersion –> DriverSearching
Change the value of “SearchOrderConfig” to 0.

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/w ... d-p/483494

adfielding

27 Feb 2022

I installed Win11 last week because I’m a glutton for punishment - zero problems so far, whole thing feels more like a service pack than a full OS update.

jam-s

27 Feb 2022

adfielding wrote:
27 Feb 2022
I installed Win11 last week because I’m a glutton for punishment - zero problems so far, whole thing feels more like a service pack than a full OS update.
It feels like a service pack/annual release of W10, because that's pretty much all there is to it. It's just an easy cash grab and way for M$ to raise system requirements to call it "Win11" instead of "Win10 22H1".

• Information