Reason Story's on Instagram

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
nebraskafire

18 Jan 2022

I m following reason on Instagram and I noticed that beside that everyone seems to make trap beats nowadays most of users in the story's are using the reason as DAW and not as a plugin. Just saying... :D :thumbs_up:

orthodox
RE Developer

18 Jan 2022

Eddi-16 wrote:
18 Jan 2022
Yes, why they just decited to not promote and upadate the DAW anymore? Nobody knows.
That's understandable, updating the DAW would not bring new users, so it's a secondary thing.

But I think they didn't decide that, it just takes much more time.

Billy+

18 Jan 2022

I definitely think it's a good move RRP as Reason has some amazing devices and although marketing keeps saying a large number of people are using RRP instead of standalone I think it's just a novelty for older users as it's new (even I've been using it) but I'm still way more comfortable in Reason standalone than any other DAW.

Given how much of Reason has now been changed (internally) it's no wonder that they haven't added to much but I hope when things start working better with RRP & Standalone that we really start seeing them improvements in Standalone that we have all been crying out for.

I won't comment on the trap thing because well it's *rap ;)

Jagwah

20 Jan 2022

orthodox wrote:
18 Jan 2022

That's understandable, updating the DAW would not bring new users, so it's a secondary thing.

But I think they didn't decide that, it just takes much more time.
If marketed correctly an updated sequencer would kind of complete Reason and it could be sold as a whole with its wonderful flow being emphasized.

Jagwah

21 Jan 2022

Eddi-16 wrote:
21 Jan 2022
Jagwah wrote:
20 Jan 2022

If marketed correctly an updated sequencer would kind of complete Reason and it could be sold as a whole with its wonderful flow being emphasized.
Obvious they are not interested that much in completing Reason and sell it as a whole with a wonderful flow for years. ^^
I am just eternally sad about this, to think what could be, the potential seems so high. I already know that rack devices are going to flow like a river and the DAW upgrades will come in short bursts or just not at all. Hey, maybe RS will devote their time and energy and resources into a totally new field, maybe Reason Studios Chocolate Factory, and Reason will just stagnate while they keep advertising their chocolate. I would only be a bit surprised. Thank god Reason 10 is still accessible as I will gladly stay on it indefinitely.

bangaio

23 Jan 2022

nebraskafire wrote:
18 Jan 2022
I m following reason on Instagram and I noticed that beside that everyone seems to make trap beats nowadays most of users in the story's are using the reason as DAW and not as a plugin. Just saying... :D :thumbs_up:
No no no ... now they have a trio of hand waving, fake button pressing dj/producer types as brand ambassadors. Definitely no trap there but an interesting choice.

dvdrtldg

23 Jan 2022

nebraskafire wrote:
18 Jan 2022
I m following reason on Instagram and I noticed that beside that everyone seems to make trap beats nowadays
Trap is the dubstep of the 2010s, this too shall pass

• Information