Combinator Automation Bug?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MarkTarlton

03 Nov 2021

I was playing with an older combinator that was made before the combinator2 in R12, and upon trying to write automation in real time, I couldn't get the mod wheel to work as seen in my example video, and it's the same way with the pitch wheel too. Can you guys replicate this and/or have any of you experienced this? Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rudwlyajnc7q ... y.mp4?dl=0

Pepin

03 Nov 2021

This seems to be the case for any performance controls (pitch, mod, sustain, etc). It's not specific to the Combinator.
If you record enable the note lane, they'll record into the note clip properly. But they won't record into a dedicated automation lane.

I'm not actually sure if this is a new behavior or not, as I tend to use the note lane when recording those automations.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 Nov 2021

This is normal, if you want to record just standard performance data from the real note lane, then you can add a 2nd note lane and record into that.

MarkTarlton

03 Nov 2021

Thanks guys for the answer, that does seem strange to me since most all the parameters work without doing that, and you can also draw in the automation and it works, you just can't do real time automation that way unless like you guys mentioned. Much appreciated for the explanations!

Benedict
Competition Winner

03 Nov 2021

This has always been that way. Odd often but also has a sense in that Pitch & Mod W is part of the performance.

This is a way to copy & paste to extract to an Automation Lane but I can't quite recall. Pretty basic but several steps to get "clean" MIDI + Automation.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information