Very low hype

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jlgrimes

25 Aug 2021

Eusantis wrote:
24 Aug 2021
Is it normal that within, supposedly, just a week until the Reason 12's release, there isn't a single decent video announcing what's new, where we get a sneak peek at all the new features, including the new Combinator?

It would also be very welcome a video about the Mimic, but something short, not a two-hour one. Have they forgotten in Reasonstudios how to advertise their products well?

Isn't September 1 the release date? Why so much secrecy? I have a hard time understanding some things in Reasonstudios.
They did do a livestream showcasing the Mimic and the Combinator 2.

I'm sure they will do more videos especially with the Combinator 2.

I'm guessing with the new Reason+ model, there will probably be less hype as those users will get the new features and be able to talk about them.

Popey
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2021

I think there has been a fair bit of info this time round with the release of products to reason+ users and the couple of videos reason have already done. Certainly feels like I am more informed this time around about what will be in 12 and there are pages on here and other sites discussing most of the new additions/changes. Has this talk over a longer period of time meant longer hype or less hype? Beta testers are able to play with the new stuff but not talk about it so I would assume these individuals on the whole are pretty stoked about getting their hands on the release version soon. Personally I am still on the fence about if I will buy 12 but guarantee i will be searching out videos and comments on release day to find out more about the combi so for me there is definitely a high level of interest (could you call this hype). I fully expect to see some social media from reason studios on and leading up to release day and think reason 12 has similarities to live 11 who told people what to expect in advance (I like this others may not).

Karim
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2021

I' m pretty feeling THE SAME! :clap:
Eusantis wrote:
24 Aug 2021
Is it normal that within, supposedly, just a week until the Reason 12's release, there isn't a single decent video announcing what's new, where we get a sneak peek at all the new features, including the new Combinator?

It would also be very welcome a video about the Mimic, but something short, not a two-hour one. Have they forgotten in Reasonstudios how to advertise their products well?

Isn't September 1 the release date? Why so much secrecy? I have a hard time understanding some things in Reasonstudios.
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

DJMaytag

26 Aug 2021

R11 seemed way overhyped, and was disappointing enough for me to skip that upgrade. I’m fine with this version being under hyped. From what I can see as a beta tester, it’s exciting enough what they've done so far.

Heigen5

26 Aug 2021

DJMaytag wrote:
26 Aug 2021
R11 seemed way overhyped, and was disappointing enough for me to skip that upgrade. I’m fine with this version being under hyped. From what I can see as a beta tester, it’s exciting enough what they've done so far.
I also skipped R11, but I became a Reason+ client in the April. It seems that majority of people are satisfied with what the R12 has to offer.

Popey
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2021

Just seen a new video reason studios put on you tube 7 hours ago so they are releasing stuff. Got to say comments on this latest vid are not great.

DJMaytag

26 Aug 2021

Popey wrote:
26 Aug 2021
Just seen a new video reason studios put on you tube 7 hours ago so they are releasing stuff. Got to say comments on this latest vid are not great.
It's a Reason+ ad. What did you expect?

Popey
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2021

DJMaytag wrote:
26 Aug 2021
Popey wrote:
26 Aug 2021
Yeah I get that but this seemed a lot worse. Usually there are some positive comments but I looked at a fair few and they were all negative.

QVprod

26 Aug 2021

Popey wrote:
26 Aug 2021
DJMaytag wrote:
26 Aug 2021

Yeah I get that but this seemed a lot worse. Usually there are some positive comments but I looked at a fair few and they were all negative.
Empty barrels make the most noise… I read through some of those as well and people think that every subscription service is like Adobe…smh… as if there aren’t several others. That’s where I think most of the negativity comes from.

gullum

26 Aug 2021

well its not very surprising that there is not so much hype the RRP is only a rack and the only think you can update on a rack is what. new devices the combinator is what might be selling this version but what device for next version and how long will people be interested in upgrading a rack is they are only getting 2-3 new devices every 2 years. and if you want a device for the rack that is not in the subscription you need to buy it and chances are there is a VST alternative that is better and or cheeper. For RS to survive they need the DAW part because it's what can and needs to be upgraded

Popey
Competition Winner

26 Aug 2021

QVprod wrote:
26 Aug 2021
Popey wrote:
26 Aug 2021

Empty barrels make the most noise… I read through some of those as well and people think that every subscription service is like Adobe…smh… as if there aren’t several others. That’s where I think most of the negativity comes from.
Your probably right just found it quite a depressing read.

• Information