Need your advices!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Patrick Hasselbank

17 Aug 2021

Guys what do you think is it possible to import .xml files (for example from here https://musescore.com/user/20011331/scores/5914537) to reason and to work with them or it's more easier to import midi? :?:

challism

17 Aug 2021

I could be way off here... I've never tried it, but I don't think you can load XLM files into Reason. MIDI is probably your only option.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Patrick Hasselbank

17 Aug 2021

challism wrote:
17 Aug 2021
I could be way off here... I've never tried it, but I don't think you can load XLM files into Reason. MIDI is probably your only option.
The reason why I want to try .xml files is that midi can be not so much correct I think. Anyway thank you for your advice.
:thumbup:

Billy+

17 Aug 2021

Patrick Hasselbank wrote:
17 Aug 2021
challism wrote:
17 Aug 2021
The reason why I want to try .xml files is that midi can be not so much correct I think. Anyway thank you for your advice.
:thumbup:
XLM won't get imported but MIDI will and if you're using the source provided the midi should be exactly the same data when all is said and done just a different format.

bitley

17 Aug 2021

17 Aug 2021
midi can be not so much correct I think.
Say what?¿

challism

17 Aug 2021

bitley wrote:
17 Aug 2021
17 Aug 2021
midi can be not so much correct I think.
Say what?¿
I agree with Bitley... say what?

MIDI is only as "incorrect" as the author who wrote the MIDI. MIDI is just a collection of computerized values, same concept as an XLM file. The values won't change unless they are changed and saved by a user. They can only be incorrect if they are written that way to begin with.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

bitley

17 Aug 2021

Yes midi in itself is exactly precise. Lousy hardware can mess it up (very rarely though) but the data is pure.

(It would be like claiming all microphones are bad because yours is.)

• Information