SOLVED - Reason 10 : Can't login. Have they cut off older users?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
dannyF
Banned user
Posts: 359
Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Location: Uranus

Post 25 Jul 2021

Passwords have not changed. Nothing has changed on my end.

Anyone else? ( on any version )

Have they 'cut off' older users?


I was still logged into the website on another pc. Appears my username has been changed ( not by me )...... so I logged out and back in as that changed user name and I can login to the website but not Reason itself.

With the new/changed username ..... Reason 10 declares that I am not authorised to use this version of reason. I went into my account on the website there are no licences and no rack extensions showing.

My old username and password also still does not work.
Last edited by dannyF on 25 Jul 2021, edited 1 time in total.

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 2433
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Norway

Post 25 Jul 2021

Prolly some internet failure. Why is the worst case scenario the default? πŸ˜‚

User avatar
dannyF
Banned user
Posts: 359
Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Location: Uranus

Post 25 Jul 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2021
Prolly some internet failure. Why is the worst case scenario the default? πŸ˜‚
Because its 2021

Does not explain why my username has been changed and all licences removed without any input directive from myself.

User avatar
WeLoveYouToo
Posts: 195
Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Location: portland, or

Post 25 Jul 2021

i use R10, no issues.
contact reason support

User avatar
Aosta
Posts: 539
Joined: 26 Jun 2017

Post 25 Jul 2021

dannyF wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2021
Prolly some internet failure. Why is the worst case scenario the default? πŸ˜‚
Because its 2021

Does not explain why my username has been changed and all licences removed without any input directive from myself.
Have you sold any licences recently?
Tend the flame

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2608
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 26 Jul 2021

dannyF wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2021
Passwords have not changed. Nothing has changed on my end.

Anyone else? ( on any version )

Have they 'cut off' older users?


I was still logged into the website on another pc. Appears my username has been changed ( not by me )...... so I logged out and back in as that changed user name and I can login to the website but not Reason itself.

With the new/changed username ..... Reason 10 declares that I am not authorised to use this version of reason. I went into my account on the website there are no licences and no rack extensions showing.

My old username and password also still does not work.
Can you do a test from another computer?
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
dannyF
Banned user
Posts: 359
Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Location: Uranus

Post 26 Jul 2021

bxbrkrz wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2021
dannyF wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2021
Passwords have not changed. Nothing has changed on my end.

Anyone else? ( on any version )

Have they 'cut off' older users?


I was still logged into the website on another pc. Appears my username has been changed ( not by me )...... so I logged out and back in as that changed user name and I can login to the website but not Reason itself.

With the new/changed username ..... Reason 10 declares that I am not authorised to use this version of reason. I went into my account on the website there are no licences and no rack extensions showing.

My old username and password also still does not work.
Can you do a test from another computer?
Tested from 3 computers. Someone has changed my username and removed all my licences!

How long does reason support take to get back usually?

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9057
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 26 Jul 2021

This sounds like it could be the beginning of a Hangover movie plot.

Just to be sure, since there are no licenses tied to this account of a different username, are you sure you didn't just forget the password to your username which is tied to your licenses? Are you sure you didn't create this additional account at some point for whatever reason; maybe to try to demo Reason or a RE after using your trial?

Have you tried submitting "forgot my password" for the other username? Even if you are sure what the password should be, you could try that. Other things: Caps lock on? One of the keys not working?

User avatar
dannyF
Banned user
Posts: 359
Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Location: Uranus

Post 26 Jul 2021

joeyluck wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2021
This sounds like it could be the beginning of a Hangover movie plot.

Just to be sure, since there are no licenses tied to this account of a different username, are you sure you didn't just forget the password to your username which is tied to your licenses? Are you sure you didn't create this additional account at some point for whatever reason; maybe to try to demo Reason after using your trial?

Have you tried submitting "forgot my password" for the other username? Even if you are sure what the password should be, you could try that. Other things: Caps lock on? One of the keys not working?
I've used the same account for nearly 10 years. Nothing has changed. I went to login and suddenly I couldn't.

The only reason I detected a "new" username was because I was logged into the website from a previous session and I noticed my username had been changed from danny_f to something different.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 1569
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 26 Jul 2021

Maybe someone cracked your account password and transferred the license elsewhere.
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace. ... Pool's closed due to corona.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7015
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 26 Jul 2021

jam-s wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2021
Maybe someone cracked your account password and transferred the license elsewhere.
That’d be awesome. If there was someone sitting for hours in the dark trying different user name and password combinations in the hope of stealing a Reason license. I want the rights to the film.
δΈ°2ΰ₯

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7015
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 26 Jul 2021

dannyF wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2021

I was still logged into the website on another pc.
Do you mean you were logged into Reason on one pc then tried logging in to Reason on another pc?
δΈ°2ΰ₯

User avatar
dannyF
Banned user
Posts: 359
Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Location: Uranus

Post 26 Jul 2021

Strange cookies or something. I must have confused two accounts my real reason 10 one with a demo one I used for Reason+ but never actually used.

The password reset system seems buggy. Tried a few times I'm locked out of my legitimate account.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9057
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 26 Jul 2021

So was I right? Glad to hear your account and products are still intact and you just need to fix a password issue.

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2920
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 26 Jul 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2021
Prolly some internet failure. Why is the worst case scenario the default? πŸ˜‚
I totally agree. It's crazy to think that RS would lock older users out. Danny, do you realize the kind of heat that would cause them? No way they would ever do that. It's amazing how, like Phillip said, the worst case is always the default.

So did this issue get solved, Danny?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
orthodox
RE Developer
Posts: 1679
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 26 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2021
I want the rights to the film.
The Net Returns. Sandra Bullock is deprived of her Reason identity and starts a long journey to regain it.

User avatar
dannyF
Banned user
Posts: 359
Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Location: Uranus

Post 26 Jul 2021

challism wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
25 Jul 2021
Prolly some internet failure. Why is the worst case scenario the default? πŸ˜‚
I totally agree. It's crazy to think that RS would lock older users out. Danny, do you realize the kind of heat that would cause them? No way they would ever do that. It's amazing how, like Phillip said, the worst case is always the default.

So did this issue get solved, Danny?
Maybe not so crazy since it was Propellerhead that promised our licences/rack extensions would always be there for us. Now, Reason Studios never made that promise afaik.

The issue is now just a password thing.

Going through the password reset process on the reasonstudios website doesn't seem to be working :thumbs_down:

Also the password reset email hyperlink isn't even highlighted :thumbs_down: .... its just a bunch of text.

C'mon guys.... this is starting to seem very amature.
Screenshot at Jul 26 20-59-19.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2920
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 26 Jul 2021

orthodox wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2021
MrFigg wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2021
I want the rights to the film.
The Net Returns. Sandra Bullock is deprived of her Reason identity and starts a long journey to regain it.
Keano Reeves has to play a live drum beat on his interface's drum pads, as the song's BPM increases by 1 every time it loops. If he misses a drum hit, the place blows up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2920
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 26 Jul 2021

dannyF wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2021


Maybe not so crazy since it was Propellerhead that promised our licences/rack extensions would always be there for us. Now, Reason Studios never made that promise afaik.
I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think changing a business name releases a company from their liabilities or contractual obligations. If it did, we would probably seer a lot more companies changing their names.
dannyF wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2021

C'mon guys.... this is starting to seem very amature.
I can't disagree with that, though.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DaveyG
Posts: 1189
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 27 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2021
jam-s wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2021
Maybe someone cracked your account password and transferred the license elsewhere.
That’d be awesome. If there was someone sitting for hours in the dark trying different user name and password combinations in the hope of stealing a Reason license. I want the rights to the film.
In the movies, it doesn't take hours. They always guess it on the third and final attempt with tense music and ridiculous intuition. "Wait. What if we try the dog's name backwards with Martin Luther King's birthday on the end... Hey! We're in!..."

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 7015
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 27 Jul 2021

DaveyG wrote: ↑
27 Jul 2021
MrFigg wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2021


That’d be awesome. If there was someone sitting for hours in the dark trying different user name and password combinations in the hope of stealing a Reason license. I want the rights to the film.
In the movies, it doesn't take hours. They always guess it on the third and final attempt with tense music and ridiculous intuition. "Wait. What if we try the dog's name backwards with Martin Luther King's birthday on the end... Hey! We're in!..."
If we'd been able to get Andy Warhol to produce it we could have got a full 24 hours. Actually we could probably still do that if we can get Kiefer Sutherland aboard as the rogue agent who's out to bring down the one man RS hacker organisation.
δΈ°2ΰ₯

outdatedstandard
Posts: 36
Joined: 04 Dec 2019

Post 27 Jul 2021

dannyF wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2021
Also the password reset email hyperlink isn't even highlighted :thumbs_down: .... its just a bunch of text.

C'mon guys.... this is starting to seem very amature.
My link is highlighted and works.

No problem on my home computer and mobile phone.

Perhaps you need to clear the cookies in the browser from the previous password, or you have enabled the saving of the previous password. This is not an RS problem, this is a problem with your browser that needs to be reset too.

But is it really worth two new topics on such a small issue?

reset.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2708
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jul 2021

outdatedstandard wrote: ↑
27 Jul 2021
My link is highlighted and works.

No problem on my home computer and mobile phone.

Perhaps you need to clear the cookies in the browser from the previous password, or you have enabled the saving of the previous password. This is not an RS problem, this is a problem with your browser that needs to be reset too.

But is it really worth two new topics on such a small issue?


reset.png
Word of advice, don't do that. Black it out.

Don't blur it. Don't pixelate it.

Black it out completely.

You'd be surprised how effective algorithms are at inferring what the characters might be. The set of possible characters can then be used to generate possible combinations.
---

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2708
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jul 2021

challism wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2021
orthodox wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2021


The Net Returns. Sandra Bullock is deprived of her Reason identity and starts a long journey to regain it.
Keano Reeves has to play a live drum beat on his interface's drum pads, as the song's BPM increases by 1 every time it loops. If he misses a drum hit, the place blows up.
This needs to happen!
---

outdatedstandard
Posts: 36
Joined: 04 Dec 2019

Post 27 Jul 2021

avasopht wrote: ↑
27 Jul 2021
outdatedstandard wrote: ↑
27 Jul 2021
My link is highlighted and works.

No problem on my home computer and mobile phone.

Perhaps you need to clear the cookies in the browser from the previous password, or you have enabled the saving of the previous password. This is not an RS problem, this is a problem with your browser that needs to be reset too.

But is it really worth two new topics on such a small issue?


reset.png
Word of advice, don't do that. Black it out.

Don't blur it. Don't pixelate it.

Black it out completely.

You'd be surprised how effective algorithms are at inferring what the characters might be. The set of possible characters can then be used to generate possible combinations.
I advise you to consult your doctor to check your psyche for adequacy.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 5 guests