And...Charged + $196 ... WTH!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
soroc sosta

21 Jul 2021

WTF! Was I the only one charged $199?
After I asked and wrote for clarification on the $3 for 3 months! :x
Damn thats janky!

Kalm

21 Jul 2021

CrunkNationEnt wrote:
21 Jul 2021
Damn thats janky!
Did you add the promo card when you checked out?
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

soroc sosta

21 Jul 2021

Kalm wrote:
21 Jul 2021
CrunkNationEnt wrote:
21 Jul 2021
Damn thats janky!
Yes! I even emailed them to confirm that I did it correctly.

Kalm

21 Jul 2021

CrunkNationEnt wrote:
21 Jul 2021
Kalm wrote:
21 Jul 2021

Yes! I even emailed them to confirm that I did it correctly.
Does the invoice on your account say $1 to confirm?
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

soroc sosta

21 Jul 2021

I checked my bank account, says 199.
Guess Im the only one that got got!
I need that lil money, bro! lol!

joeyluck

22 Jul 2021

$199 is for the yearly subscription. Isn't the deal for the monthly subscription? Also, that deal expired last week, when did you do it?

avasopht
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2021

Not good. But RS do tend to resolve these issues as soon as they know about it.

But this sort of thing is monumentally bad, especially when they've asked for clarification.

Hopefully they respond promptly, but there's got to be many more who have encountered this same problem outside of the forum, and for at least some of them it could easily result in them unknowingly incurring hefty credit card charges

They must investigate this immediately and rigourously to ensure they don't put someone over their credit card limit, or some other consequence.

This is not good, and it's been an issue for too long (confusing invoices for discounts). There is no reason whatsoever for that to be happening, no matter what their workload is.

When it comes to payments you must come correct. This is one of those non negotiable functional requirements that cannot be skimped on or just talked about as something being worked on but not addressing it swiftly, otherwise things like this happen.

Thankfully it didn't cause them any damage.

But. This is not good.

joeyluck

22 Jul 2021

avasopht wrote:
22 Jul 2021
Not good. But RS do tend to resolve these issues as soon as they know about it.
It sounds to me like the OP had signed up for a yearly subscription, in which the promo was for monthly? And maybe some lines of communication got crossed when they were inquiring about it?

The monthly plan will show $19.99 pending for the next month, but the coupon will be applied at the time of each charge for each of the 3 months. That is a question support has been answering a lot. If anything, the accidental charge would be for $19.99 (for a month) and not $199 (for a year). So I'm not sure what might've happened here, but that's my guess.

avasopht
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2021

joeyluck wrote:
22 Jul 2021
It sounds to me like the OP had signed up for a yearly subscription, in which the promo was for monthly? And maybe some lines of communication got crossed when they were inquiring about it?

The monthly plan will show $19.99 pending for the next month, but the coupon will be applied at the time of each charge for each of the 3 months. That is a question support has been answering a lot. If anything, the accidental charge would be for $19.99 (for a month) and not $199 (for a year). So I'm not sure what might've happened here, but that's my guess.
My guess is, signed up for a 30-day trial (with yearly subscription), then saw this and signed up for it, ... but maybe needed to terminate the trial/year subscription first (it may have even been removed as an option).

scotward57

22 Jul 2021

All I know is that a growing list of Canadian style tactics are being used by Reason Studios Inc. to trick customers into subscribing. It's very sneaky!

jamespember
Reason Studios

22 Jul 2021

CrunkNationEnt wrote:
21 Jul 2021
Damn thats janky!
I assume you've been in contact with our support but looking at your account, I see what has happened right away. I am explaining here in public so others understand and hopefully can help others out if this happens again too.

- You signed up for a trial and used the coupon code 333 at signup, applying the coupon to your account
- A few minutes after you signed up, you manually changed your subscription from a monthly (which is default) to an annual subscription
- At this same time, you also added your credit card to your account
- 7 days later, the trial converted into a paid subscription ​given you had added your credit card. you had selected an annual subscription, hence why you were charged $199
- The 333 coupon ($1 a month for 3 months) only applies to the monthly subscription as was mentioned above - hence why that coupon was not applied at the time your trial converted into a subscription

Again, this is an easy fix for support (refund, move back to monthly subscription, apply the coupon) - please let me know if you haven't received help on this yet - if not, I'll handle it.

huggermugger

22 Jul 2021

This whole upgrade, sort of upgrade, maybe subscribe, Reason +, Reason Companion, Suite, beta, incremental updates on the subscription thing is just one big ball of confusion. I can't imagine what it's like for the dozen or so Props employees who have to keep all this shit straight.

Count me out until at least Christmas. Nothing in R12 is worth the upgrade price anyways, so far as I can tell.

avasopht
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2021

My guess was pretty close 👍

jamespember
Reason Studios

22 Jul 2021

huggermugger wrote:
22 Jul 2021
This whole upgrade, sort of upgrade, maybe subscribe, Reason +, Reason Companion, Suite, beta, incremental updates on the subscription thing is just one big ball of confusion. I can't imagine what it's like for the dozen or so Props employees who have to keep all this shit straight.

Count me out until at least Christmas. Nothing in R12 is worth the upgrade price anyways, so far as I can tell.
Thx for the feedback. We're hoping we can straighten lots of this out during the autumn because yes, there is definitely work to be done here.

KGB

22 Jul 2021

It sounds like you were the only one... Image

Heater

22 Jul 2021

jamespember wrote:
22 Jul 2021
CrunkNationEnt wrote:
21 Jul 2021
Damn thats janky!
I assume you've been in contact with our support but looking at your account, I see what has happened right away. I am explaining here in public so others understand and hopefully can help others out if this happens again too.

- You signed up for a trial and used the coupon code 333 at signup, applying the coupon to your account
- A few minutes after you signed up, you manually changed your subscription from a monthly (which is default) to an annual subscription
- 7 days later, the trial converted into a paid subscription ​given you had added your credit card. you had selected an annual subscription, hence why you were charged $199
- The 333 coupon ($1 a month for 3 months) only applies to the monthly subscription as was mentioned above - hence why that coupon was not applied at the time your trial converted into a subscription

Again, this is an easy fix for support (refund, move back to monthly subscription, apply the coupon) - please let me know if you haven't received help on this yet - if not, I'll handle it.
That is awesome support. Thanks for taking the time to reply here.

huggermugger

22 Jul 2021

jamespember wrote:
22 Jul 2021

Thx for the feedback. We're hoping we can straighten lots of this out during the autumn because yes, there is definitely work to be done here.
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

soroc sosta

22 Jul 2021

joeyluck wrote:
22 Jul 2021
$199 is for the yearly subscription. Isn't the deal for the monthly subscription? Also, that deal expired last week, when did you do it?
I asked on the 15th the same day I noticed they didnt ask for $3 bucks, lol!
Sure it will be resolved but I didnt have that much in my account and have bills to pay :(

soroc sosta

22 Jul 2021

Thank you for responding and explaining.
I reached ouy on the 15th, because website did not indicate what I was signed up for. even when I used the 333 code
I reached out immediately to you all the same day bc the transaction wasnt clear.
I was informed by email that I was indeed enrolled for $3 for 3 months.
It was very confusing, good to know I was the only one that got charged,
Kindly waiting on a speedy refund please. :?

jamespember wrote:
22 Jul 2021
CrunkNationEnt wrote:
21 Jul 2021
Damn thats janky!

Aosta

22 Jul 2021

Reason+ has been a headache since it was announced..maybe it would have been a better idea to get all the kinks ironed out and a clear structure set up before announcing it?
The days of 129 per upgrade take it or leave it was simple, straightforward and easy.
Tend the flame

jamespember
Reason Studios

24 Jul 2021

CrunkNationEnt wrote:
22 Jul 2021
I reached ouy on the 15th, because website did not indicate what I was signed up for. even when I used the 333 code
I reached out immediately to you all the same day bc the transaction wasnt clear.

jamespember wrote:
22 Jul 2021

I've processed your refund and setup the new monthly sub with the 333 deal now for you!

soroc sosta

24 Jul 2021

I thank you for your acknowledgement and speedy response, i'm satisfied. :thumbup:
jamespember wrote:
24 Jul 2021
CrunkNationEnt wrote:
22 Jul 2021

I've processed your refund and setup the new monthly sub with the 333 deal now for you!

jamespember
Reason Studios

25 Jul 2021

CrunkNationEnt wrote:
24 Jul 2021
I thank you for your acknowledgement and speedy response, i'm satisfied. :thumbup:
jamespember wrote:
24 Jul 2021

Glad to hear it! :thumbup:

aeox
Competition Winner

17 Oct 2021

jamespember wrote:
25 Jul 2021
CrunkNationEnt wrote:
24 Jul 2021

Same thing happened to me a few days ago.. I tried to make a ticket but it hasn't been seen yet I don't think.

I see you helped this guy, could you do the same for me?

AttenuationHz

17 Oct 2021

aeox wrote:
17 Oct 2021
jamespember wrote:
25 Jul 2021

Same thing happened to me a few days ago.. I tried to make a ticket but it hasn't been seen yet I don't think.

I see you helped this guy, could you do the same for me?
It is highly likely that James would be glad to help here, but it seems he is allergic to official support tickets. How this is still an issue after so many months is mind boggling though. Not the most frictionless way to create music in Reason if users have to constantly submit information or bugs as official tickets and seeing no movement for the resolution, but it is quicker to get support on an unofficial channel. Add that to the confusing state of things!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information