Offline connection

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
lychee

09 Apr 2021

Hello and sorry to make a first post by being dissatisfied.
Reason is too dependent on the internet to boot and it's very irritating because my PC connection is malfunctioning. :cry:
Is there an option to connect offline to the rack?
I was going to compose to pass the time but all this blocked my impulses of creativity.

Billy+

09 Apr 2021

You can use computer activation for offline use, so long as you have a perpetual licence.

lychee

09 Apr 2021

Billy+ wrote:
09 Apr 2021
You can use computer activation for offline use, so long as you have a perpetual licence.
Thanks Billy+, it's OK, I've got Reason Intro.
But how do you do computer activation?
When I launch Reason or the rack in my DAW, it leaves me with the choice only in demo mode or "other options". And when I click on options it tries to open a web page (the good joke).

Billy+

09 Apr 2021

If you go to your account on reasonstudios site there's an option to authorizer your computer.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/account/l ... r/products

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -computer-

lychee

10 Apr 2021

Impossible, the authorizer refuses to work from my phone, it's really frustrating that there is no simpler solution to connect offline.
In any case thank you anyway for the advice.

Billy+

10 Apr 2021

lychee wrote:
10 Apr 2021
Impossible, the authorizer refuses to work from my phone, it's really frustrating that there is no simpler solution to connect offline.
In any case thank you anyway for the advice.
You need to be on the computer you want to authorizer!

SoundObjects

10 Apr 2021

To work offline you probably also need to install Codemeter. ;)
The Universe Is Vibrating

Billy+

10 Apr 2021

SoundObjects wrote:
10 Apr 2021
Definitely

DaveyG

10 Apr 2021

I've often found it odd that you can't authorise from within Reason itself. The login screen already verifies that you are legitimate so it just needs an Authorise button.

Billy+

10 Apr 2021

DaveyG wrote:
10 Apr 2021
I've often found it odd that you can't authorise from within Reason itself. The login screen already verifies that you are legitimate so it just needs an Authorise button.
That's definitely one solution.

It would also be helpful if you could create download and use offline activation files for the DAW and RE's

integerpoet

10 Apr 2021

Billy+ wrote:
10 Apr 2021
SoundObjects wrote:
10 Apr 2021
Definitely
It's been years since I became accustomed to the per-launch internet access.

This thread prompted me to figure it couldn't hurt to check out the modern approach to registering a computer.

Wow. A kernel extension? Hard pass. (And no I don't mean the kind that gets you backstage.)

I do have a USB key around here somewhere and maybe I'll dig it up now that my not-work machine is a desktop.

But I've heard those are not long for this world. Also sad if true.

I imagine there are customers and potential customers who flee the entire ecosystem due to this.

I hope RS have a credible spreadsheet somewhere that shows a favorable trade-off between piracy prevented and sales prevented.

integerpoet

10 Apr 2021

It occurs to me the online part of the authorization isn't the problem. I'm always online.

I probably would have forgotten about this entirely by now if Reason would just do it. It's not as if it takes a long time.

Maybe give me a chance to cancel in case the server is down or something, but don't stop to ask me if it's OK.

Just do it.

• Information