Channels not duplicating - help!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
provinceofnowhere

07 Mar 2021

My Reason 10 has started doing something odd recently - when I try to duplicate the track via the rack or the mixer it will simply create an empty mix channel with nothing. If I try to duplicate a channel via the sequencer, it will duplicate the initial instrument but not attached to any mix channel or any other plugins (e.g. fx) from the original channel.

I've checked the preferences to see if I've inavertently changed some settings but can't see anything. Would really appreciate any help with this as it's thrown a major spanner into my workflow. Thx in advance!

Aquila

07 Mar 2021

Sounds like you might have auto grouping disabled. If you duplicate an ungrouped device (ie. a mix channel) it'll just copy it as standalone with nothing else connected to it.

To fix, look in the Options menu and make sure "Auto-group Devices and Tracks" is enabled.

provinceofnowhere

07 Mar 2021

Aquila wrote:
07 Mar 2021
Sounds like you might have auto grouping disabled. If you duplicate an ungrouped device (ie. a mix channel) it'll just copy it as standalone with nothing else connected to it.

To fix, look in the Options menu and make sure "Auto-group Devices and Tracks" is enabled.
Thank you, you absolute star. Fixed the problem. Not sure how I disabled it to begin with.

Aquila

07 Mar 2021

Glad it worked :)

• Information