For those that subscribe to Reason +

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
certifiedbeatz

28 Jan 2021

Still have no clue why this needed a 2 hour conversation nothing big if you own 11 suite..

If you have subscribed what the pro's & cons so far?

Fast downloads?

Easy to use?

Have your tried offline?

Will you keep?

Just some questions im thinking about right now

DaveyG

28 Jan 2021

More to the point, are the sound packs any good?
The sound packs that have been in the blog over the last few months have been somewhat variable in quality.

@OP - the subs does not work offline. Or, more precisely, it needs to connect every time you run the prog and every time you load a song.

Dogcat

28 Jan 2021

certifiedbeatz wrote:
28 Jan 2021
Still have no clue why this needed a 2 hour conversation nothing big if you own 11 suite..

Fast downloads?

Easy to use?

Have your tried offline?

Will you keep?

I own v11 Suite, and I went with the 1 year 50% off subscription.

Pros so far:
The sound packs are pretty cool. I've already found some very inspiring patches. Taking them apart has been a great learning experience too.

Cons so far:
I already had all the devices, so nothing new to play with. Looking forward to the new synth they talked about and other toys, but until then I only have the sound packs to play with. Kinda wish they had started this with new devices thrown in.

Fast downloads:
Nope, kinda slow. I suspect because of the traffic. Takes about 2 minutes to download a pack that's maybe only a few 100Mb, and I have a super fast connection.

Easy to use:
Yep, no issues there. Companion kind of reminds me of Output's Arcade, and the patches just appear in Reason in their own easy to navigate folders.

Have you tried offline:
Nope.

Will you keep:
Not sure yet, I have to the end of Feb to decide before the trial ends. If they manage to add one or two devices by then, that will probably be the deciding factor. If it's still only sound packs after 30 days, I'll likely cancel.

certifiedbeatz

28 Jan 2021

Dogcat wrote:
28 Jan 2021
certifiedbeatz wrote:
28 Jan 2021

Fast downloads?

Easy to use?

Have your tried offline?

Will you keep?

Pros so far:
The sound packs are pretty cool. I've already found some very inspiring patches. Taking them apart has been a great learning experience too.

Cons so far:
I already had all the devices, so nothing new to play with. Looking forward to the new synth they talked about and other toys, but until then I only have the sound packs to play with. Kinda wish they had started this with new devices thrown in.

Fast downloads:
Nope, kinda slow. I suspect because of the traffic. Takes about 2 minutes to download a pack that's maybe only a few 100Mb, and I have a super fast connection.

Easy to use:
Yep, no issues there. Companion kind of reminds me of Output's Arcade, and the patches just appear in Reason in their own easy to navigate folders.

Have you tried offline:
Nope.

Will you keep:
Not sure yet, I have to the end of Feb to decide before the trial ends. If they manage to add one or two devices by then, that will probably be the deciding factor. If it's still only sound packs after 30 days, I'll likely cancel.
Nice so just sound packs for us who owns suite.. so $20 a month to sample as many sound packs make keygroups and cancel..

joeyluck

28 Jan 2021

certifiedbeatz wrote:
28 Jan 2021
Dogcat wrote:
28 Jan 2021

Pros so far:

Cons so far:

Fast downloads:

Easy to use:

Have you tried offline:
Nope.

Will you keep:
Nice so just sound packs for us who owns suite.. so $20 a month to sample as many sound packs make keygroups and cancel..
Well to be clear, there were a couple devices released after Suite, Friktion and Pattern Mutator, which are not included in Suite. So whether or not you picked those up separately, those would be new to you.

Dogcat

28 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
28 Jan 2021
certifiedbeatz wrote:
28 Jan 2021

Well to be clear, there were a couple devices released after Suite, Friktion and Pattern Mutator, which are not included in Suite. So whether or not you picked those up separately, those would be new to you.
I already bought those... so there was absolutely nothing new for me besides the sound packs. Geez, I spend a lot of friggin' money on Reason. But that's another pro... I love Reason and I'm happy to support the dev.

TrueStory

29 Jan 2021

Any good drum kit packs in the library?

Dogcat

29 Jan 2021

TrueStory wrote:
29 Jan 2021
There doesn't seem to be any packs that are exclusively "drums", but most of the patches have a percussion track. This search for "drum" yielded 34 patches, not sure if they're any good...

2021-01-29_10-36-41.png
2021-01-29_10-36-41.png (74.65 KiB) Viewed 3255 times

Dogcat

29 Jan 2021

TrueStory wrote:
29 Jan 2021
And here's a search for "beat", but obviously this doesn't necessarily mean drums... again, I haven't listened to them all, so not sure which I would consider good.

2021-01-29_10-42-34.png
2021-01-29_10-42-34.png (191.78 KiB) Viewed 3251 times

TrueStory

29 Jan 2021

Dogcat wrote:
29 Jan 2021
TrueStory wrote:
29 Jan 2021
And here's a search for "beat", but obviously this doesn't necessarily mean drums... again, I haven't listened to them all, so not sure which I would consider good.

2021-01-29_10-42-34.png
I appreciate you researching that. That could be interesting if someone makes a Kong drum kit pack with both Beatmap presets and FX like Pulverizer and Audiomatic .

Here is an example of a drum refill I found in the shop that sounds pretty good from listening to the demos.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/prod ... ike-drums/

Do any of the libraries you've downloaded include one shots or loop samples in wav format? Or are they all just presets with various Reason instruments?

joeyluck

29 Jan 2021

Dogcat wrote:
29 Jan 2021
TrueStory wrote:
29 Jan 2021

2021-01-29_10-42-34.png
Don't forget to also browse by tag.

joeyluck

29 Jan 2021

Also if you see a pack you like, you can share the preview link for it with others, like this:

https://share.reasonstudios.com/pack/11

That will provide a preview and a link to open it in Reason+ Companion.

You'll find that link to copy on each pack page:

Link Share.png
Link Share.png (376.06 KiB) Viewed 3204 times

Loque

29 Jan 2021

TrueStory wrote:
29 Jan 2021
I dont think there is a "drum kit". The packs are more about style, genre, synth, musician...So you might get a drumkit sure, if they are in a pack belonging to theme like "lofi" drumkit...
Reason12, Win10

Barriott

29 Jan 2021

Hmmm I looked at the trial. Downloaded. When I open up reason it hasn't synced. And in preferences the open companion check box is greyed out. Help?

joeyluck

29 Jan 2021

Barriott wrote:
29 Jan 2021
Hmmm I looked at the trial. Downloaded. When I open up reason it hasn't synced. And in preferences the open companion check box is greyed out. Help?
Did you start your free trial of Reason+?

nickb523
RE Developer

29 Jan 2021

TrueStory wrote:
29 Jan 2021
The packs are more like old-school construction kits or Acid loops except you can access and tweak the patches via combinators. Also a bit like ReFill demos.
Nick Baxter
SKP Sound Design

Barriott

29 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021
Barriott wrote:
29 Jan 2021
Yeah. I think so. I'll have a look again after I've made the kids dinner.

Barriott

29 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021
Barriott wrote:
29 Jan 2021
Yep. I started it. Just looking at rs website. I'm logged in I've gone to manage subscriptions. It's flagged up as a month's free trial.

When I log into reason .. it's not changed. No friktion. Pattern mutator. Edit-preferences- the open companion on startup is greyed out.

rorystorm

29 Jan 2021

Barriott wrote:
29 Jan 2021
joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021

Yep. I started it. Just looking at rs website. I'm logged in I've gone to manage subscriptions. It's flagged up as a month's free trial.

When I log into reason .. it's not changed. No friktion. Pattern mutator. Edit-preferences- the open companion on startup is greyed out.
I'm having the same issue, have opened a ticket but no response as yet.

joeyluck

29 Jan 2021

rorystorm wrote:
29 Jan 2021
Barriott wrote:
29 Jan 2021

You all have the Reason+ Companion app installed? Can you login to that?

tiker01

29 Jan 2021

To me deauthorizing my computer solved the issue.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

jlgrimes

29 Jan 2021

DaveyG wrote:
28 Jan 2021
More to the point, are the sound packs any good?
The sound packs that have been in the blog over the last few months have been somewhat variable in quality.

@OP - the subs does not work offline. Or, more precisely, it needs to connect every time you run the prog and every time you load a song.
I'm guessing there will be alot of busy sound designers.

A pro is that it will probably open up alot of opportunities for Refill designers.

With all of the new REs, they will have alot more devices to work with and no fear of incompatibility as everyone will have same devices. I hope they find a way to get some 3rd party RE developers on board (maybe even hiring some). It was very cool having developers outside of RS working on devices who were thinking completely out the box but yet understood Reason.
Last edited by jlgrimes on 29 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

rorystorm

29 Jan 2021

after typing that I did some research - there's an entry on the Reason+ FAQ page about it:
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... his-first-

essentially you have to go into Codemeter and click Stop Codemeter Service in the Process tab.
If like me that doesn't work you have to uninstall Codemeter instead in your Windows Control Panel.

you can tell it's worked because a. you got your devices and b. your license number has disappeared from the About Reason window and it's replaced with "Active Reason+ Subscriber".

This information would have been quite useful a bit more upfront.

Barriott

30 Jan 2021

rorystorm wrote:
29 Jan 2021
Barriott wrote:
29 Jan 2021

Sorted it!

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... his-first-

plesio

30 Jan 2021

tiker01 wrote:
29 Jan 2021
To me deauthorizing my computer solved the issue.
I had the same problem here. (R+ not active)
Deauthorizing the PC was enough to make it work.
No deinstall of CodeMeter was necessary.
Now R+ runs with active CodeMeter instead.
:reason: R11 Suite & R+, what else. I just love it. https://soundcloud.com/user-543016572
Ultimate mixing noob with medical certified lowpass at 9,6 kHz :(
Music is that certain noise you can remember three minutes later...and vice versa.

• Information