HOW TO GET MIDI FROM RPG8

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Marcoxbenatti

13 Jan 2021

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you, I'm new here!
Many years ago i composed a song with Reason 5 and i used the RPG 8 for a couple of instruments.
I wanted to change some sounds so i exported the midi tracks and imported them in Logic X.
Unfortunately there is no way i can make the Logic Arpeggiator work in the same way as the RPG 8, even if the pattern is a simple up and down, so i tried with the Audio to Midi conversion using a very simple and dry sine wave sounds but it really sucks and i get many random and wrong notes.
I was wandering if there's a way i can get the midi notes coming out from the RPG 8 and export them.
If not, does anyone knows if there is a good tool for Audio to midi conversion ? (i don't have Abletone)
Thanks
Bests
Marco

esselfortium

13 Jan 2021

In the sequencer, set the L and R loop markers to surround the entire area you want to save the arpeggios from. This can just be the entire length of your song.

In the rack, right-click on RPG8 and select "Arpeggio Notes to Track". This will create a new sequencer lane with the arpeggios baked into it.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2021

The above is the best way however if you want use the PRG-8 in Logic just wire up the CV Note and Gate to the Midi Out Device.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (38.37 KiB) Viewed 412 times

Marcoxbenatti

14 Jan 2021

Thank you so much guys!

• Information