Adam Fielding's Livestream Thread (next stream-date in first post)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
aftrshok99

Post 19 Nov 2020

adfielding wrote:
19 Nov 2020
Tonight I'll be streaming again at the usual place & time (7pm GMT, twitch.tv/adfielding).

As you've probably already heard, Reason 1 is going to be 20 years old this Sunday, so I thought it'd be a really nice opportunity to dive back into the version that started it all! This will be a closer look at Reason 1 via a virtual machine, and I'll almost certainly be dipping into some old forgotten projects from back then while talking about how I got into Reason and how things have changed. Come along, share your stories about how you got started, it's going to be a cosy one :)
Looking forward to this, it's gonna bring back some great memories of using version 1. :puf_bigsmile:
:recycle: :reason: :re:

adfielding

Post 19 Nov 2020

aftrshok99 wrote:
19 Nov 2020
Looking forward to this, it's gonna bring back some great memories of using version 1. :puf_bigsmile:
It's always nice to look back at older versions of Reason, and it was cool to spot some changes that I'd never really noticed before!

I won't be streaming next week, but I'll be back at the usual time on the 3rd December - I might even write something vaguely seasonal, who knows! See you folks then :)

Update: the stream is now up on YouTube and, as I predicted, it's had a copyright claim filed against it by a seemingly unscrupulous piece of crap (more on that in a sec).

So, at about 15 minutes into the video I play one of the Reason 1 demo tunes (Forme - Jumbo). You can watch me open it, you can see the project file, you can see the splash screen (which is also THE THUMBNAIL FOR THE VIDEO) and you can read the artist information when I open the file which clearly states it was written by Forme (Jesper Dahlbäck). This tune has been claimed on YouTube by an unrelated 3rd party who released a bastardised version of it on what looks like a production album or soundtrack or something in India.

For the record: I would have zero qualms if Forme (or SVEK) had claimed copyright on it because, y'know, it's their tune! I'm currently contesting it by claiming it as fair use by means of the video being educational, and I've also stated that the tune I'm supposedly infringing is obviously a derivative work. Nothing like a bit of YouTube drama :)

Billy

Post 20 Nov 2020

Well the video is up, how did it all play out with the rejection of the piece of crap and their false claim.

I haven't rewatched the full stream, did you remove it or win the counter claim?
:ignition: :reason: :refill: :re: :rebirth: :PUF_figure: :nektar: :mac: :EiEPro: :Alesis Mk2:

Lempface

Post 20 Nov 2020

Looks like it's still available Adam, did you get a ruling in your favor? I hate the copyright stuff going on with YouTube right now, it's ridiculous.
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 12 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

adfielding

Post 21 Nov 2020

Billy wrote:
20 Nov 2020
Well the video is up, how did it all play out with the rejection of the piece of crap and their false claim.

I haven't rewatched the full stream, did you remove it or win the counter claim?
Lempface wrote:
20 Nov 2020
Looks like it's still available Adam, did you get a ruling in your favor? I hate the copyright stuff going on with YouTube right now, it's ridiculous.
Nope, I didn't win because (unsurprisingly) the claimant rejected my counter-claim. I'm in the process of just muting the "offending" 30 seconds to get around it because that seemed like the easiest way, really.

Billy

Post 21 Nov 2020

I take it there is no issue with twitch?

If you hit the 100k subs on YouTube you would get a personal point of contact, I wonder how they would handle the situation?
:ignition: :reason: :refill: :re: :rebirth: :PUF_figure: :nektar: :mac: :EiEPro: :Alesis Mk2:

adfielding

Post 22 Nov 2020

Billy wrote:
21 Nov 2020
I take it there is no issue with twitch?

If you hit the 100k subs on YouTube you would get a personal point of contact, I wonder how they would handle the situation?
No issue with Twitch, that version remains 100% intact - I also highlight all of my streams over on Twitch so they shouldn't expire.

I imagine an actual person would look at the video and be able to quickly ascertain what's-what, but given my current sub count that's quite the hypothetical scenario! :)

• Information