% of CPU limit?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Last Alternative

15 Sep 2020

It's been a while since I used Reason but I swear the latest update wiped out the section on Preferences where you set CPU limit. I always selected 'none'. Now I can't find that anywhere.

Also, where is the spot where you choose high or low res?

I'm tryna optimize Reason as much as possible because even with Catalina it seems like the Props still haven't fixed the video lag when scrolling around, zooming, and just working in general. Please advise.

I also noticed picking colors is still not engaging on every window....................
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Loque

16 Sep 2020

The CPU limit was removed since a while, because it's useless today.
Reason12, Win10

buddard
RE Developer

16 Sep 2020

Last Alternative wrote:
15 Sep 2020
Also, where is the spot where you choose high or low res?
Right click on the Reason app in Finder, choose "Get Info".
In the "General" section, check the box that says "Open in Low Resolution".

Last Alternative

16 Sep 2020

Alright thanx guys.

Hey Mattais - if you're reading this, what's the word on fixing bugs with Reason on Apple computers? This laggyness has been going on for years and low res hurts my eyes trying to focus on everything being blurry.... we really shouldn't have to do that and it completely kills workflow and mood.
Any word?
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Loque

16 Sep 2020

Last Alternative wrote:
16 Sep 2020
Alright thanx guys.

Hey Mattais - if you're reading this, what's the word on fixing bugs with Reason on Apple computers? This laggyness has been going on for years and low res hurts my eyes trying to focus on everything being blurry.... we really shouldn't have to do that and it completely kills workflow and mood.
Any word?
There is a confirmed UI overhaul thing going on atm, but not yet a final release date. Could be around the end of the year - don't take my word.
Reason12, Win10

kinkujin

17 Sep 2020

Loque wrote:
16 Sep 2020
Last Alternative wrote:
16 Sep 2020
Alright thanx guys.

Any word?
There is a confirmed UI overhaul thing going on atm, but not yet a final release date. Could be around the end of the year - don't take my word.
Didn't know that. Nice!

• Information