Use 2 computers - "LOST computer" login issues

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
24 Jun 2020
Have you got your pc authorized for offline use? If not then that’s why you’re being asked to sign in.
Hi,
Not that I know of... Is that something I have to ask Reasonstudios to do for me?
No. Go into your account/ my products then click in the Authorize button. That way you can at least use one computer without having to sign in. If you want to use the other computer offline (without having to sign in) you’ll need to buy an ignition key.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

See the image attached, on my Workstation (which works with online Authorisation of the app) when I install CodeMeter and to to the reason site to try to Authorise the computer, I get two computers (the same one, Editsystem") but two computer numbers!!

Could this be an issue?
Attachments
authorize computer and keys.png
authorize computer and keys.png (25.9 KiB) Viewed 905 times

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2020

Maybe the other number is your laptop. Try authorizing that instead. You can always deauthorize it again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
24 Jun 2020
Maybe the other number is your laptop. Try authorizing that instead. You can always deauthorize it again.
I'm scared of deauthorising because I don't want to be without any computer that works... given how slow the reason support is at the moment.

Also, surely they would have different computer names? My laptop is not called editsystem.

Tx Mark.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
24 Jun 2020
I'm scared of deauthorising because I don't want to be without any computer that works... given how slow the reason support is at the moment.

Also, surely they would have different computer names? My laptop is not called editsystem.

Tx Mark.
Did you buy Reason 2nd hand?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

littlejam

24 Jun 2020

hello,

i would ask techsupport if you can purchase an ignition key from amazon
my laptop is always online with the ignition key (and i have a 2nd one to be safe)
i only have to log in to update licenses if RE get updated
i am a big fan of 'sync all'
i don't trial any RE or beta any RE
i move the ignition key to the superstudio computer and reason 10.4 on windows 7 boots right up

someone stated that techsupport may be slow due to the holidays over there

i hope you get things sorted out
it's gotta suck to not be able to make music when you want
all this down time with the servers and authorization problems has to be frustrating

maybe like joeyluck was saying in another thread about deleting the cache file??

mahalos,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

[quote=MrFigg post_id=507864
[/quote]

Hi,
No, got v7 years ago, haven't used it for a couple of years, upgraded to v11 studio on Saturday.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
[quote=MrFigg post_id=507864
Hi,
No, got v7 years ago, haven't used it for a couple of years, upgraded to v11 studio on Saturday.
[/quote]

Have you made any hardware changes recently? HD, graphics card??
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

[quote=MrFigg post_id=507867
[/quote]

Quite probably HDD change in my workstation (which is working fine). My laptop I got about a year ago, a brand new Dell XPS 15. I had installed Reason to that but have not made any changes to the laptop hardware.

DaveyG

24 Jun 2020

Either you've changed some hardware on your PC or you have been stitched up by a Windows update. Either way the PC "magic ID number" has changed so the authoriser thinks you are on a different PC. You may well have to report it as lost but wait for support to advise.

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

DaveyG wrote: You may well have to report it as lost but wait for support to advise.
Yep, I wait...

not even adobe creative suite is this hysterical about authorisation. 🙄🙄

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
[quote=MrFigg post_id=507867
Quite probably HDD change in my workstation (which is working fine). My laptop I got about a year ago, a brand new Dell XPS 15. I had installed Reason to that but have not made any changes to the laptop hardware.
[/quote]

There's your answer then...I reckon you had your pc authorized, then you changed the HDD. Fresh installation gives your computer a new name. Reason Authorizer is looking for the original hardware but only seeing the new id. You'll need to report it lost I would imagine and then Authorize again. Wait and see if Props answer you first though.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote: There's your answer then...I reckon you had your pc authorized, then you changed the HDD. Fresh installation gives your computer a new name.
But why then does this "Editsystem" workstation computer work and my laptop does not?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote: There's your answer then...I reckon you had your pc authorized, then you changed the HDD. Fresh installation gives your computer a new name.
But why then does this "Editsystem" workstation computer work and my laptop does not?
You got me. I’m all out of ideas.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
24 Jun 2020
You got me. I’m all out of ideas.
Well, thanks for the effort! I will report back once reason get back to me.

pushedbutton

24 Jun 2020

You can authorise one computer for offline use, so you've picked one, the other one needs to be logged in on the internet every time you use is. If you want to authorise another computer for offline use you need to buy another licence. This is why you're being asked to log in on your laptop.
You can deauthorize your workstation but you'd end up logging in on that instead.
As far as I can tell, considering you say both PCs have an internet connection, you don't really have a problem.
If your username and password aren't working try changing them on the reasonstudios site.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

pushedbutton wrote:
24 Jun 2020
You can authorise one computer for offline use, so you've picked one, the other one needs to be logged in on the internet every time you use is. If you want to authorise another computer for offline use you need to buy another licence. This is why you're being asked to log in on your laptop.

If your username and password aren't working try changing them on the reasonstudios site.
Hi there
thanks but I am logging in over the internet on my workstation and when I try to login over the internet on my laptop it rejects the same password and username.

Logging in on reason studio site is no problem.

ProfessaKaos

24 Jun 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
24 Jun 2020
Have you got your pc authorized for offline use? If not then that’s why you’re being asked to sign in.
Hi,
Not that I know of... Is that something I have to ask Reasonstudios to do for me?
Make sure you have Reason 11 Suite installed on your laptop and not Reason 11, Reason 11 Suite and Reason 11 are separate applications so trying to sign into Reason 11 when your account has Reason 11 Suite registered to will not work. Hope this helps.

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

ProfessaKaos wrote:
24 Jun 2020
Make sure you have Reason 11 Suite installed on your laptop and not Reason 11,
Thanks, yep Suite on both...

Italophile

24 Jun 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
But it doesn’t work. As you have already said “I am logging in over the internet on my workstation”. You wouldn’t be logging in over the internet if your workstation was recognized as authorized.

Also, have you checked that the name of your workstation is “Editsystem”?

Italophile

24 Jun 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
See the image attached, on my Workstation (which works with online Authorisation of the app) when I install CodeMeter and to to the reason site to try to Authorise the computer, I get two computers (the same one, Editsystem") but two computer numbers!!

Could this be an issue?
That screenshot is telling you that the computer you have logged into the RS website from is not the one that is authorized. If it was then you would see a different option:
Annotation 2020-06-24 193920.png
I believe you are safe to declare that computer as lost, as you clearly no longer have access to it. You can then authorize one of your two computers for offline use.

fredphoesh

24 Jun 2020

Italophile wrote:
24 Jun 2020
That screenshot is telling you that the computer you have logged into the RS website from is not the one that is authorized. If it was then you would see a different option:
I believe you are safe to declare that computer as lost, as you clearly no longer have access to it. You can then authorize one of your two computers for offline use.
Hi, thanks for the response,
The computer I was logged in with is the same workstation which WORKS using the password and username to log in to Reason Suite 11.3...

I guess I can/should try to deauthorize, but my fear is it will then not allow me to re-authorize, and I will have NO computers working with Reason. Reason support has been extremely slow, no response all week...

Italophile

25 Jun 2020

fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
The computer I was logged in with is the same workstation which WORKS using the password and username to log in to Reason Suite 11.3...
You currently do NOT have a computer that is authorized for offline use. As I said in my earlier post, and as everyone else has told you:
Italophile wrote:
24 Jun 2020
You wouldn’t be logging in over the internet if your workstation was recognized as authorized.
fredphoesh wrote:
24 Jun 2020
I guess I can/should try to deauthorize, but my fear is it will then not allow me to re-authorize, and I will have NO computers working with Reason. Reason support has been extremely slow, no response all week...
You cannot deauthorize as you don't have that option. Evidently you had previously authorized a computer but then made significant changes to it, which has invalidated the authorization.

The only option available to you is to declare that computer as lost. Unless you have already done this several times you WILL be able to authorize either your laptop or workstation, and be able to log in as you are doing.

AFAIK you can deauthorize as often as you need to. There are only limits on how many times you can declare a computer as lost.

fredphoesh

25 Jun 2020

Hello all.
SO
The solution was to use the (idiotically named) "lost computer" button and then to re-authorise the computer. Took 90 seconds... 🙄🙄🙄
Thanks for all your varied help and support. I have suggested they rename this button "Lost / Modified Computer". If it was not named Lost Computer, I would have been comfortable trying that!

As for the laptop, I guess due to heighened security, reasonstudios asked me to change my password, so I added one digit. The password I had been (idiotically) entering in my laptop is the password it WAS. User error, I'm afraid! 🤦‍♂️

Anyhoo, thanks again for all the authorisation input and help.
Mark

pushedbutton

25 Jun 2020

Glad to see you got this resolved. Security can be a pain in the ass at times but on the other hand if it wasn't doing it's job we'd all be paying for pirates to use reason for free.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

• Information