Reason 10 does not see installed plugin [SOLVED]

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Molotovbeatz

30 May 2020

Hi there,

I have purchased few days ago the Alteryboy plugin from soundtoys. After installing the plugin. it does not appear in reason.

I already have another plugin (Decapitator) from the same company and I installed it while ago, which you can in the screenshot.

decap.png
decap.png (23.03 KiB) Viewed 479 times

The folder pointing out to the vstplugin is correctly setup in the Rsettings.

Rset.jpg
Rset.jpg (22.95 KiB) Viewed 475 times
plugins.jpg
plugins.jpg (11.48 KiB) Viewed 472 times

I have reinstalled the plugin twice but still not showing. Anyone have an idea how can I resolve this? Appreciated.

Cheers
Last edited by Molotovbeatz on 31 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

SymphonicDischord

30 May 2020

I can’t remember do Soundtoys come with a VST2 and 3 option. I know I’ve had some plugins where I’ve physically had to select the 2 during installation or it would just do the 3.

Molotovbeatz

30 May 2020

SymphonicDischord wrote:
30 May 2020
I can’t remember do Soundtoys come with a VST2 and 3 option. I know I’ve had some plugins where I’ve physically had to select the 2 during installation or it would just do the 3.
There is only 1 file from their website named LittleAlterBoy5_5.3.2.15253_64. I guess its a 64bit version. I will try to download the 32 bit to see if that will work. My system is 64bit also.

Molotovbeatz

30 May 2020

So I installed the 32 bit version of the plugin but it didn't work.

Its weird that Decapitator work while Alterboy not.

DaveyG

31 May 2020

32 bit will definitely not work unless you put it in a wrapper VST.

Stick with the 64 bit one. It definitely works in Reason - I use it.

Go Window -> Manage Plugins and look for it. You can sort the view by status so any problem ones come to the top.

Molotovbeatz

31 May 2020

DaveyG wrote:
31 May 2020

Go Window -> Manage Plugins and look for it. You can sort the view by status so any problem ones come to the top.
Thank you for this suggestion, however just clicking on "enable" in that window didnt solve the problem. I solved it by doing something else, here is how:

I noticed that every time I execute the installation file, I got this error popup: "Unable To Execute Files In The Temporary Directory. Setup Aborted. Error 5: Access Is Denied"

So reconfigured the temporary file, moved it from the location and reinstalled the plugin.

The installation worked and after going to the plugin widows manager in Reason I enabled it, restarted Reason and the plugin is now working. Thanks a lot for helping out,

• Information