Players and Ableton...what am I not getting?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chimp_spanner

29 Apr 2020

**EDIT: Solved, ish. I was using the AU version. There was no option for RRP under input channel dropdown. Weird. Is this a known thing or am I doing something wrong? I can use VST3 fine. But I am preferring to use AU where I can these days just to keep it consistent!

Hey everyone! So I've got an instrument track set to receive it's input from RRP MIDI out. And in the RRP I've got a Player connected to the MIDI Out Device. I can see notes triggering in the player but only the unprocessed MIDI is making it to the instrument track. Any idea why this might be? Thank you!

R11 Suite
Ableton 10 Suite
Catalina

dpcoffin

30 Apr 2020

AUs have never sent MIDI out. That's why Apple created AU MIDI FX, but AFAIK, Logic, GB and Mainstage are the only DAWs that allow them.

chimp_spanner

30 Apr 2020

dpcoffin wrote:
30 Apr 2020
AUs have never sent MIDI out. That's why Apple created AU MIDI FX, but AFAIK, Logic, GB and Mainstage are the only DAWs that allow them.
Roger-roger! Thank you for clarifying. I’m new(ish) to Mac so I’ve never used AUs until the last year or so. Appreciate the insight!!

• Information