Did R.S. just shut down the A-List instruments for us?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ShelLuser

18 Mar 2020

Hi gang!

So I am in the middle of writing a review about an electric guitar sampled instrument 'elsewhere' when I wanted to address the A-List series. I loaded up the rack, added the A-List Electric Guitarist power chords and... nothing. MIDI input, a legit preset, no sound. What. The. Heck?!

a-list.jpg
a-list.jpg (209.13 KiB) Viewed 617 times

I am well aware that the A-List series got superseded by the UJAM rack extensions, but surely that doesn't mean that Reason Studios would simply pull the legs under our feet and disable the whole lot? Because either I'm overlooking something really obvious and really stupid (I already flipped the rack to check the connections) or something really bizarre is going on here.

I drag in an A-List series instrument, start playing, no sound. I add any other instrument (Europa or an UJAM device) and bingo!

Obviously I figured that I made a mistake somewhere. Tried with Reason 10 rewired into Live as well (which has always worked for me), no go. Maybe I had to start the transport? Nope, didn't do anything for me. It just won't play.

Am I going crazy here guys?
--- :reason:

ShelLuser

18 Mar 2020

So the answer is: I'm an idiot :oops:

I probably got a strain of the Corona virus or something because I overlooked the most basic issue... Playing style phrases IS NOT THE SAME as playing the actual chords. Please go RTFM again sometime OP :mrgreen:

Nothing to see here, sorry to bother ya guys.
--- :reason:

• Information