Possible in Reason 11?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
graeme75

27 Jan 2020

Hi

I'm following a trance course that was recorded using Cubase 8 and trying to replicate it in R11. The tutor has put together a simple droom loop of 5-6 elements, basiq eq, few fx and was mainly doing fine until today. He uses a Multiband Envelope Shaper to treat certain bands 'Envelope Shape ' (see screenshot)

How do I do this in R11? Is there such an effect? Is there an RE that does this? Any feedback greatly appreciated

Cheers
Graeme
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-01-27 at 12.50.27.jpg
Screenshot 2020-01-27 at 12.50.27.jpg (1005.85 KiB) Viewed 620 times

chimp_spanner

27 Jan 2020

You could build your own I guess? There are a few band splitter REs in the store (and the MClass Stereo Imager can also act as a band splitter - check out the multiband dynamics presets in the factory soundbank to see how to set this up). From there, I don't think Reason has an envelope shaper of its own. So you'd want to use something like FXPansion DCAM EnvShaper on each of the bands you split. That should do the trick!

Loque

27 Jan 2020

Kong has an Envelope/Transient Shaper.

Multiband was already answered by chimp_spanner.

I am just wondering why you need a multiband when you have isolated drum samples?
Reason12, Win10

graeme75

27 Jan 2020

Thanks for the info. I have the Khs Transient Shaper, but just not sure how to split it into the different bands. ill have a look at the FSB patch. In the tutorial he was applying envelope to the drum bus (which is all elements except kick) (does that make more sense?)

Cheers
Graeme

PhillipOrdonez

27 Jan 2020

graeme75 wrote:
27 Jan 2020
Thanks for the info. I have the Khs Transient Shaper, but just not sure how to split it into the different bands. ill have a look at the FSB patch. In the tutorial he was applying envelope to the drum bus (which is all elements except kick) (does that make more sense?)

Cheers
Graeme
Sounds dumb to use that on the drum bus. Besides, drum bus without kick? I don't know how the trance guys do it, but that sounds weird to me. Best results achieved with individual and sub groups ( hi hats, tom Tom's, snare/clap, room, perc) that then go to the drum bus (with the kick!!). But then again, what do I know 🤷‍♂️

Loque

27 Jan 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 Jan 2020
graeme75 wrote:
27 Jan 2020

Cheers
Graeme
Sounds dumb to use that on the drum bus. Besides, drum bus without kick? I don't know how the trance guys do it, but that sounds weird to me. Best results achieved with individual and sub groups ( hi hats, tom Tom's, snare/clap, room, perc) that then go to the drum bus (with the kick!!). But then again, what do I know 🤷‍♂️
I wouldnt call this "dumb", just unusual. I personally would use a transient shaper only if needed and not per se. But this is probably not the point here.

Using the stock Stereo Imager works, while i find it a bit clunky. You can try this one, and its for free. Just put your transient shaper in the band on the back:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -splitter/

If you need more bands, you need to create cascades. But beware of phasing due to plugin delays.
Reason12, Win10

• Information