Long lost dongle resurfaces

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ReasonUser

04 Jan 2020

So way back in the Reason/Record days I received my first Props dongle . Then after a move many many years ago it was lost... I’ve since purchased a new dongle and my account was updated to reflect that. Low and behold today while digging through an old box my wife found the original one. I assume I can’t do much with this unless I had a second Reason license? I’m afraid to even plug in this old one else Props might get a message that I’m trying to run two licenses from one account? I’d sure love to have a second dongle to use offline with all my REs but I’m guessing that’s not possible,

robotgard

04 Jan 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2020

ReasonUser wrote:
04 Jan 2020
So way back in the Reason/Record days I received my first Props dongle . Then after a move many many years ago it was lost... I’ve since purchased a new dongle and my account was updated to reflect that. Low and behold today while digging through an old box my wife found the original one. I assume I can’t do much with this unless I had a second Reason license? I’m afraid to even plug in this old one else Props might get a message that I’m trying to run two licenses from one account? I’d sure love to have a second dongle to use offline with all my REs but I’m guessing that’s not possible,
How do you mean with having a second Ignition Key to use offline with all your REs? Didn’t you say you had a new Ignition Key? I’m not being facetious by the way. I just wonder how you mean.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ReasonUser

04 Jan 2020

MrFigg wrote:
04 Jan 2020

How do you mean with having a second Ignition Key to use offline with all your REs? Didn’t you say you had a new Ignition Key? I’m not being facetious by the way. I just wonder how you mean.
Two keys mean it would be nice to run Reason (and my REs) offline from an additional offline PC in my house. Or to take one key with me while the other one stays safe at home.
Clearly this would be against terms. I know it's one key, one online, and one offline registration. Not two keys.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2020

ReasonUser wrote:
04 Jan 2020
MrFigg wrote:
04 Jan 2020

Two keys mean it would be nice to run Reason (and my REs) offline from an additional offline PC in my house. Or to take one key with me while the other one stays safe at home.
Clearly this would be against terms. I know it's one key, one online, and one offline registration. Not two keys.
Take the key with your license on it with you and leave the “spare” at home. If something happens to the key you’re using then I’m pretty sure Propellerheads can deauthorize that key at their end thus allowing you to authorize your “spare”. :)

Also if you want to be able to run two offline computers then authorize the pc in your studio and use your current ignition key for when you’re on your laptop.
Last edited by MrFigg on 04 Jan 2020, edited 3 times in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

04 Jan 2020

<nevermind>

ReasonUser

04 Jan 2020

MrFigg wrote:
04 Jan 2020

Take the key with your license on it with you and leave the “spare” at home. If something happens to the key you’re using then I’m pretty sure Propellerheads can deauthorize that key at their end thus allowing you to authorize your “spare”. :)

Also if you want to be able to run two offline computers then authorize the pc in your studio and use your current ignition key for when you’re on your laptop.
Yes that’s clearly the way to go. I guess I let my mind fantasize about having an extra fully registered key now that I have an extra one just lying around. :twisted: :lol:

• Information